i will be reviewing disneys all star music resort, reflecting on my own personal experience and discussing my likes and dislikes. i am 19, who travels to disney world every year with my family. we have stopped at all 3 of the all star resort hotels, and have only been to this hotel once. we visited with a large group including elders, one of which is disabled. we truly love the other all star resort hotels but this one offers a great deal of issues which is why we have decided not to return here to spend our holiday. these are based of my experience whilst stopping there as a guest.
i will start of by saying, we stopped at this hotel during spring break, so we were already expecting crowds and noise wherever we stopped, there was no getting away from it, but mixing in the crowds with this resort became something more than a challenge!! i will begin however by discussing my likes.
this resort, like the other resorts of the all stars are set out in the same way. and this is the resort placed in the middle of the 3, which is second to be picked up and second to be dropped off. so its not to bad when dealing with the disney transport, but when you visit disney world at a busy time of year, there's not getting away from the crowds you just have to grin and bare it. the rooms are set out the same in all, all star resorts, however the all star music was the first out of all the all star resorts to offer suites. we have never stayed in a suite so i cannot comment on the quality, however the standard rooms are perfect for young children and adults, the beds are comfy, the rooms are cleaned Regularly and the resort offers all you would expect from a value resort.
as stated in the title of this review this resort is big. its the biggest of all the resorts. we were foolish not to look into the size of the resort before we traveled which is something i highly recommend you do! as we travel with elders we always request preferred close rooms on booking. on arrival we were given our room number and block and only when we started walking did we realize how far back we were! this resort stretches so far back it can become a 10 minute walk just to get to and from your rooms to get to the buses, food court and check in. we did request to be moved but due to the busy times we were denied a room change. be warned, you could be placed right at the back and the walk can become draining and tiring in the florida head!
also stated in the title is, how loud this resort is!! because its the music, they really do live up to their name. the music and entertainment, whilst its fantastic for young children officially takes away any sort of relaxation around the pool. sunbathing, forget about it, unless you love loud thumping bumping music. personally i would have set times when entertainment was set for, but it carried on pretty much all night. i would not have liked being placed in a room over looking the pool. it would have been a nightmare!! whilst other resorts of the all stars also offer pool side entertainment it is not all the time and the music isn't as loud, allowing you to relax at the same time.
those issues to me are big ones, and i was not to impressed with the customer service at this hotel either. i would strongly recommend you,
1) go on youtube and view the size of the hotel!
2) go on youtube judge the poolside entertainment for yourself
3)check what events are going on, during your chosen date of travel, be warned of the crowds in advance
4)pay or highly request a preferred room before travel!! this resort is massive and the walk is tiring! it can take it out on anyone
if you require any further advice regarding this hotel please feel free to message me. i hope i helped you decide whether this resort is right for you, but i think its aimed personally at young teens or small children, certainly not for couples!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl