“Not Bad at All”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #138 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My father and mother in law were kind enough to book a trip to Disney World for their sons, daughters in law, and grand children. We stayed at All Star Music. Here are my thoughts:

Getting There:
Waiting in line for the Magical Express bus to the resort from the airport was the longest line I waited in for the entire trip. I got on the Rockin' Roller Coaster faster.

Check In:
Another long line. But the front desk lady who checked us in was very sweet, personable, and helpful.

Getting to the room:
Mother in Law signed us up with a snazzy baggage service. The resort collects your checked bags at the airport and delivers them to your room sometime later. I was very glad of that as our building was beyond two large pools and a rose garden. But I appreciated being out of the way of most of the screaming family traffic.

The Room Good Stuff:
There was an LCD TV, mini fridge, and good smelling soap. We left our "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door everyday, so housekeeping left us a bag of clean towels and new soaps outside. :)

The Room Bad Stuff:
Bathroom was small and smelled mildewy. The color scheme was a little unusual. The mattresses were worn out, but after running around theme parks all day, I could have slept in a lounge chair by the pool.

The "Cafeteria":
Mom and Pops got everyone a dining plan so I didn't pay attention to the prices of any food. It was pretty average stuff. Not too many options for vegetarians, though.

The Gift Shop:
Large and well stocked. It was nice to be able to get gifts for everyone back home without having to drag them through a theme park all day. The clerks were very sweet and helpful too.

The Activities:
I didn't swim, but there were two big heated pools. Also a baby/toddler pool. They presented a Disney movie by the pool every night. The arcade was large and clean. It seems like I wandered through a couple of kids activities too...pictionary and trivia....

The Buses:
I don't remember having to wait very long for any of the buses to or from the parks. We also only had to stand once. All the bus drivers were sweet. FYI-there is a trading card game with all the Disney transport services. Just ask a driver, conductor, or captain for a trading card and they will give you one.

Other Stuff:
They post signs about keeping quiet during normal sleeping hours and most of the time, people observed them. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Darcy137
Write a ReviewReviews (5,764)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first time staying on park with Disney. I've been to Disney before and stayed in Orlando, just to save money. I will never do that again! The Disney touch was worth every penny! This resort is so fun. My 2 year old daughter loved all the colors and music. The staff was exceptional, always greeting my daughter as princess. Smiles! The buses were fantastic. I never drove again once I arrived! I did figure out the difference in the preferred room, ours was not. We stayed at the very back of the property, and these resorts are massive. Needless to say, I had a long walk to the main building where the food court and buses were. At least it was a beautiful walk! We will be back!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank yaressej
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been expecting more, even in a value-class resort, After all, it is managed by DIsney. I can't fault their services, it has been an awesome experience. From the time I got on board the Magic Express at the Orlando Airport, all the way to checking out, I met friendly staffs, all willing to brighten my day with a smile and a helpful hands.

One incident that surprised me. When I was at the check in counter, 3 staffs were busy doing some work behind the counter. I would have expected at least one to stop what she is doing to attend to me, but it took a few minutes before one of them stop and come over to attend to me. Not a big issue, as the wait was only for a few minutes, but a surprise because of the high expectation that I have for a well regarded service giant.

Overall, my stay and experiences in Disney World has been very positive and I will definitely return again to be pampered by all the friendly hosts.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My friend and stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Disney. We stayed at the All Star Movies resort last time (which was a good hotel) but we thought we would change it up a bit. (Turns out the hotels are modeled pretty much identically, but it didn't matter to us!)

First, all of the good things:

The first good thing was that they let us check in early (11 am), which was so nice. We were able to drop our bags in the room and not worry about them.

Another good thing is the price! You can't beat these value resorts! You get the entire magical Disney experience without paying an arm and a leg. The room was small, but it was all we needed!

The room was SO CLEAN, I was very happy about that. Especially the bathroom. It was sparkling!

The other good thing was the food court. It's so nice to have it right there, whether you want a snack or a full meal. It's VERY kid friendly, BUT, there aren't many vegan options (my friend is vegan).

Now, some spots for improvement.

The buses. Ugh. We had such a different experience with them last time we visited. This time we seemed to wait FOREVER for a bus in Downtown Disney to get back to our hotel. It was at least 45 minutes, which after you've walked the parks all day as are so tired, is not good. Normally the buses run every 15 or 20 mins, but we always felt we were waiting longer for our buses.

Next, the fire alarm went off in our building on our second morning there. I know this can be caused by many different things, so I wasn't too upset. The frustrating part was that no one came around or called to tell us what was going on. We were left in the dark!

All in all, I really like the All Star Disney resorts and would definitely stay here again. I think this place would be perfect for a family on a budget that wanted the entire Disney experience but wanted to save some money!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Erin H
Reviewed December 4, 2012

There are more expensive places at Disney and cheaper places in Kissimmee, but to stay on the Disney property, the All Star resorts are the best value. The rooms are a little small, but they are clean and well supplied - nice furniture and clean linens and towels, also a small refrigerator. Not only is the sink outside of the main bathroom, there is a curtain which separates it from the sleeping area, affording privacy in both areas. Returning late from the fireworks one night, we requested extra towels, and even at that late hour, they were brought to us within minutes. There is also a food court which serves a variety of food, but it does get hectic and crowded at peak mealtimes. It does, however, stay open until midnight, which allowed us to stay in the park until it closed and still be able to get dinner upon our return several times. The servers and cashiers were very helpful, as we weren't sure what we could have on our meal plan, what was a snack, etc. Even when we asked a number of questions, everyone was very polite to us, never impatient or rude. We did have an incident when we put our food on a table and went to get our drinks from the beverage bar - another couple pushed our food away and sat down at our table, then the woman jerked my daughter's cup away from her, insisting it was hers. Rather than argue, we just moved to another table - immediately one of the ladies working there came over to apologize and see if we were okay and got my daughter another cup. We assured her that the ones who needed to apologize were the rude and pushy couple who had taken our table. But in general, we encountered very nice people the whole time we were there. One word of caution, though, the resort is quite large and many of the rooms are quite a distance from the buses and main building, so if you have trouble walking for any distance, this is probably not the best place to stay. Otherwise, it is clean, well maintained, and cute with its music themed decor. This is the second time we have stayed here and would definitely be willing to do so again. We also like the All Star Sports resort next door, with its football field in the center of the resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Our second visit to Orlando! And our first time at Disneys All Star Resort!
Perfect for families and for people wanting a Disney hotel and to get easy access to all the parks!
I went with my fiancé our room was perfect size, all we needed! We were out of the hotel most of the day so it was just a place to rest our heads and to have a swim in the pool when we wanted to! We stayed near the piano pool which is probably furthest away from food court, reception, and bus stops! I would recommend to ask to have a room nearer those things, so you had easy access to free drink refills etc... Save you walking, the hotels are very big!
Transport is brilliant- different bus stops for different parks , just pick your park and the longest we waited for a bus was 15 mins, not long at all!!!
Loads of entertainment for the kids around the pool! Everyone having great fun at 10 at night still!!
The food court is more like a canteen! Nothing special but to grab some quick food or a snack it does the job!
Would recommend these value resorts as you get the Disney experience without spending a fortune !
X x x

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our stay at Disneys All Star Music Resort was classed as a budget resort, it was FANTASTIC, great price, big clean and bright rooms, plenty of pool space even at peak times. Good selection of food, transport links to parks are quick and easy, the cast cant fo enough for you, fantasic holiday, Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2 mi away
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!