My father and mother in law were kind enough to book a trip to Disney World for their sons, daughters in law, and grand children. We stayed at All Star Music. Here are my thoughts:
Waiting in line for the Magical Express bus to the resort from the airport was the longest line I waited in for the entire trip. I got on the Rockin' Roller Coaster faster.
Another long line. But the front desk lady who checked us in was very sweet, personable, and helpful.
Getting to the room:
Mother in Law signed us up with a snazzy baggage service. The resort collects your checked bags at the airport and delivers them to your room sometime later. I was very glad of that as our building was beyond two large pools and a rose garden. But I appreciated being out of the way of most of the screaming family traffic.
The Room Good Stuff:
There was an LCD TV, mini fridge, and good smelling soap. We left our "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door everyday, so housekeeping left us a bag of clean towels and new soaps outside. :)
The Room Bad Stuff:
Bathroom was small and smelled mildewy. The color scheme was a little unusual. The mattresses were worn out, but after running around theme parks all day, I could have slept in a lounge chair by the pool.
Mom and Pops got everyone a dining plan so I didn't pay attention to the prices of any food. It was pretty average stuff. Not too many options for vegetarians, though.
The Gift Shop:
Large and well stocked. It was nice to be able to get gifts for everyone back home without having to drag them through a theme park all day. The clerks were very sweet and helpful too.
I didn't swim, but there were two big heated pools. Also a baby/toddler pool. They presented a Disney movie by the pool every night. The arcade was large and clean. It seems like I wandered through a couple of kids activities too...pictionary and trivia....
I don't remember having to wait very long for any of the buses to or from the parks. We also only had to stand once. All the bus drivers were sweet. FYI-there is a trading card game with all the Disney transport services. Just ask a driver, conductor, or captain for a trading card and they will give you one.
They post signs about keeping quiet during normal sleeping hours and most of the time, people observed them. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl