“Decent Hotel....Starting to Show it's Age”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #140 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We spent six nights in a family suite at the All-Start Music Resort. For the price that I paid, the hotel and the shuttles to the parks were fine. The family suite was well laid out and had plenty of room for the four adults and infant. The second bathroom was ideal. The room that we were in was in a great location for the pool (even though it was too cool to use) and the dining area. If you don't have a dining plan, the food costs are outragous, so be prepared. The bed in the room was comfortable, the kitchenette was great, the maid service was reliable, and the shower was warm. For the amount of time we spent in the room, it was satisfactory. However, the travel time to most of the parks is a little longer then some of the other resorts, and the outside of the buildings definitely remind me of the early 1990s. It's probably time for an update. All in all, the stay was fine, but I will probably try a different resort next time as this one was nothing special.

1  Thank IzZzalot
There are newer reviews for Disney's All-Star Music Resort

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend, and enjoyed everything about our experience. Our room was clean, well organized and sufficient. We used the refrigerator and enjoyed the flat screen tv with a channel guide that was easy to understand and many choices. We did enjoy our meals on the property, purchased the free refill cups, and found the food to be fresh and delicious. Traveling to the parks that we chose to visit via bus from the resort is a bonus, and hopping between the parks is so much fun. Florida resident rates are affordable and an excellent value. WE recommend this resort for value. WE will return.

Room Tip: Check in ahead of time online. Easy!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank noexcuses4ME
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Although the rooms are small the value is large. Transportation to the parks is quick and effortless. The staff is friendly and courteous. Rooms are small but clean and bright. The food court is resonable, clean and pretty good for fast food.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed November 15, 2012

while in disney why spend money on the expensive hotels save it and come to all star music , my family and i stayed there for the week and nothing but good could be said from the clean rooms ,pool and grounds, helpful staff and the convenience of staying on a disney resort property

Room Tip: if you have a car try to get a room close to the parking lots as it is a large complex if not try to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

You would think that since it's Disney it would be good. WRONG! It was raggedy, the room smelled weird, the lights over the sink were burned out and I had to call TWICE to get them replaced, the blow dryer had a short in it so it would spark when you tried to turn it on. The only way to use it was to hold the ON button pressed in really hard and it smelled liked electrical burning. There were unidentifiable things under the bed that I dare not touch (and one thing that is not appropriate to share but let's just say someone had a REALLY good time in there), even the bathroom exhaust fan was held on by a BOBBY PIN! If this were a Red Roof Inn in Tampa near Bush Gardens, I'd expect that. But this is DISNEY - it was such a ripoff for the BIG dollars I paid to stay on property! I'm an annual pass holder and I was just heartbroken by how crappy this place was.

Trying to eat in their restaurant was like hogs at feeding time. It was chaos with a bazillion people trying to get their 'free' drinks, not enough seating inside or out, just a herd of people running all over like they had never seen food before. There was NO organization to get the food (like in the parks) IF you could get a table and chairs you better bring a hazmat suit to sit. Disgusting. I lost my appetite whenever we were in there. Not to mention nearly being trampled to death every time we went near it, and you HAD to go by it to get to the buses.

Save your money, get another hotel with shuttles to the parks, take a picnic lunch and skip the dining plan too. It was my first and ONLY time I stayed on a Disney property. All talk, nothing to back it up. If I could get my money back - I would. Just sick I wasted over $600 for two nights for three people. It was supposed to be a happy occasion, and they ruined it.

1  Thank veronicade1
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I and our 17-year old daughter spent 5 nights at All-Star Music in November 2012. Hotel is basic but location is good, service is good and resort clean as one can expect from Disney. Biggest surprise for us was the wide variety of gluten-free food available at the
restaurant in Melody Hall. Biggest plus for us is same for all Disney resorts, Disney's Magical Express, and all of the Disney transportation which makes things so simple.

1  Thank Mildred J
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Broadway building. Everything was wonderful! Nothing massive, like the luxury resorts, but very clean and wonderfully priced considering all we did is sleep there while visiting Disney. The pools are great! The piano pool is only 4 ft or so and is great for the younger kids, while the bigger guitar pool goes to 5 feet. Everything was very nicely kept and convenient to access. The only downside of our stay was that on one night, after returning from Disney, one of the housekeeping staff stole all of one of my friends' pain pills out of her room. They were not sitting out, but in a drawer and the bottle was left empty. The security team was helpful and willing to do what was necessary to make it right. You have that chance staying at any hotel, though. The room safes were not large enough to store all of the things necessary to keep safe (we had a portable DVD player and an IPad, and the safe would only hold one of them) I would definitley return to this hotel!! and recommend it especially if you are a budget conscious family!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a plus!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!