“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #137 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay at all star music resort. The family room in the calypso building was very nice. The only thing to fault it is they had no dishwashing liquid or sponges to wash babies bottle. We had a great chat with one of the night managers Jodie she was such a beautiful person. When we arrived our baby was sick so they gave us our room at 9am instead of 4pm. Amazing service only lost a star for 2 things. 1 was the food in the diner was very fatty compared to Australian standards and secondly prices should include taxes since majority of visitors aren't aware of tax rated etc.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Since the Pop Century resort opened, it's been our go-to value resort at Disney World. The older All-Star resorts - though nicely laid out - have been showing their age. But the rooms at All-Star Music have recently been renovated, and they're now every bit as nice as Pop Century. In fact, they're one step nicer, because they include a mini-fridge. We like the more open layout of the All-Star resorts... they feel less crowded. The only downside is the main hall, which is too small - especially the food court/dining area. It can feel a bit like human bumper cars during busy mealtimes. Otherwise, All-Star Music is once again a very good value for the price.

3 Thank PBCGuy
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been to Disney world 5 times at this point and most of the time I've stayed off campus on international drive, but this time we decided to go that little bit further and stay on site, to be honest it was worth it, the cost was only slightly more expensive but in time savings and extra magic hours it was worth every penny. Our trip was for two weeks in September/October 2012, I read some of the reviews here before and some had said it was basic and could use something else, but to be honest we thought it was great, it served our purpose, was clean and was Disney. We booked to stay in a Disney hotel to be close to the parks and take full advantage of Disney's internal transportation and extra magic hour’s service and we were very satisfied with everything.

The Room:
The room was clean and comfortable, it has a central air conditioning system so not noisy and it will allow those of us who's body temperature is a little higher to have an extra cold room. The rooms are all equipped with two double beds, to be honest i found these a little smaller, more like a European queen bed, but non the less it was nice to have the space in the room. It had a 32" flat screen TV, with around 90+ TV channels, not that you will be using it much, but it was great when coming back from the parks to see what’s going on in the world. There was also a fridge in the room as well as free WiFi and a nice powerful shower so it covered what we expected. Overall the most important things in the room was met, and that is that the room was clean, the cleaning service was efficient, the air-conditioning worked and there were no noises.

The environment & themes
I have to say even now the scale of Disney's hotel is slightly intimidating in size. The all star music has ten buildings with 64 rooms on each floor and three floor per building so a total of 1920 rooms in just the all star music with the same in music and sports, its amazing to watch how efficient and how many staff work here and great that they all have that Disney smile and are honestly the most helpful staff around. The hotel features two pools and these are open all day with lifeguards until 11pm. For those travelling with kids we noticed there was a huge amount of activities going on all day as well as a Disney movie in the evenings to keep the kids entertained. Music is played all day long around the pool and keeps an nice upbeat friendly atmosphere.

All the buildings are themed, we stayed in country fair 5, to be honest we were jealous, although the rooms are all the same some of the other building had better themes, but there was no difference. Some people have talked about the long walk from the back of the property to the front, but please ignore. At the most it is a minute to two minute walk through the centre and after all its Disney world, you are going to be walking all the time anyway, its a slight walk but overall unless you want to be near reception for some specific reason anywhere is fine.

The Food:
As it is Disney food is limited enough, a lot of fast food, burgers, pizzas and chips etc, but to be honest after you have walked around all the theme parks for 8-15 hours depending on your stamina I think you will feel you deserve whatever is to hand. They will deliver a Pizza to your room up to 1am and the quality of the food, even though its fast food is quite good. There is also a convenience store in the gift shop of the hotel, again it is very limited but if needs must. Overall we found the food met our requirements and there were no complaints.

Transport:
This was the main reason we wanted to stay in Disney, to take full advantage of Disney’s Extra magic hours and free transport. I have to say i wasn't disappointed, i have stayed in Florida several times to go to Disney and when in the parks regularly used Disney’s bus service, but have the convenience of this service to bring me anywhere in the parks with a bus to everywhere with 20 minute intervals was great. We didn't have to waste time commuting from i-drive and although at peak hours we had to wait for a second bus that was the most we ever had to wait. They seem to put on extra buses to meet this demand in the mornings and evening so the 20 minute window I believe is Disney’s largest gap between buses. Also the free Disney transport to and from the Airport for all guests in the park is a real time and money saver so take full advantage of this service.

Other people
Everyone at the resort is in a happy, and for children hyper mood, but we found everyone pleasant. The only incident we had was in our first week there was a Brazilian school tour group in, and they were teenagers and were a little noisy one night, we informed the manager and they said a few people had reported it and that was the last we heard from them. Overall I found everything great and if in Disney I will stay here again if on a budget, but if you get a chance have a look around at the other hotels, the themes in Coronado springs, Disney’s Board walk and especially Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will make you very envious. But as i have said we wanted a room in Disney to get us to the parks and were definitely not disappointed.

Tip:
If you are staying around the hotel for a long time, then buy one of the Disney refillable mugs, they cost $15.99 but considering a Soft drink is $3 and a coffee is another $3 you will save money after just 5 visits, and a definite if you have children. The machines have everything from juice to soda, water and tea and coffee so i think worth the investment.
Tip 2:
For those smokers out there, buy your cigarettes before you come near Disney, Cigarettes in Disney world are $10 a pack, outside they are $4, although either price still beats my home price of around $13, I did hear a lot of people grumbling about this, so stock up before you go. If you can’t there is a HESS service station near down town and i think you can get them here for Orlando’s regular price.

Tip 3:
If renting a car Alamo has a couple of locations inside the parks at places like the Swan and Dolphin. We rented from here and got here via a nice FREE Disney river boat from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It was nice not to have a car the whole time, we only rented to go to NASA and Universal Studios and of course shopping at the outlets. You can also refill your gas beside the Swan and Dolphin and surprisingly the price isn't that different from outside the parks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ray B
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

To mix it up a bit we decide to try All star Music this time around.. we stayed for 3 days (Oct 14 - 17 )in a family suite that accommodated the 5 of us very nicely .we were celebrating our daughter`s 15th Birthday and we were also here to enjoy the Halloween Not So Scary Halloween Party with our 7 year old son(who collected so much candy I thought I was going to have to pay for overweight luggage going home!) The room was nice and very clean and the staff very accommodating. Since we had a rough start to our vacation at another Hotel 3 days before we were crossing our fingers that everything went well at All Star Music and it did right from the beginning. We checked in very early and had already called ahead about luggage storage so we would be able to explore the parks until our room was ready. What I didn't know is not only do they have a secured locked area to hold luggage but they also bring it to your room when it was ready even though we were not there.. (whoot whoot.. 2 thumbs up for this!) they also text messaged me when my room was ready which is nice ,but surprised me because it was done before 11am. The kids love the room and us adults love having our own sleeping area. The cot was a bit hard to sleep on my daughter said but other then that everything was great. I could have saved myself a lot of money by not paying for park tickets because it seems the kids had the most fun at the pool playing with the other kids and enjoying the poolside activies with the cast .Me I was able to finely finish a book I had started sometime ago. I made use of the laundry facilties which I am grateful for. This time around we ended up closer to the main building and on the 1st floor which was nice over the hike we had when were at Pop Century in building 8 4th floor( on the back side) in Dec 2011 for Christmas. only a couple of drawbacks here (in my opinion) the cafe is much smaller than Pop Century making it a little more crowded at peak times and less choices because it is about half the size. The pool also seemed not to be heated? not that it stopped the kids and the pool bottom is showing a bit wear. The pool bottom needs either a scrubbing or a new paint job its looking slimy around floor of the pool. The only disapoint this time everyone seem to miss the fact it was my daughters Birthday depite the overly strange large birthday cake hat she wore all day and the pin. No free desserts or drinks at the park or songs like last time and only a couple of Happy Birthdays. In any case a great time was had by all and on the last day we stretched it out with a late flight. We sent our check in luggage ahead and stowed our carry on`s for the day so we could enjoy some more pool time and a lunch at Planet Hollywood. I liked All Star Music but next time I am thinking Animation =0)

1 Thank cheertraveler97
miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just got back from the All Star Music Hotel, and everything was perfect.I have been here about 5 times,but this time I had to write something after reading all the bad reviews. Stop whining about that there is no coffee maker in the room or that parking is to far (from what I seen some people NEED to walk) or that wi-fi is to slow. Remember what you are paying for your room. Do you know how many people out there have lost there job or are so poor they have never left there block. I have said this before- at least you have the money to go to "The happiest place on earth."Your on freaking vacation,relax and have fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank m l
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The pools are fun and open late. The food was good and the menu options are good. Crowded, but that is kind of how all of Disney is. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were small, but you we weren't there very much. THE BIG DRAWBACK WAS BEING BOOKED IN A ROOM WAY AT THE BACK OF THE GROUNDS (Country Building). The walk is long, especially with luggage, in the heat, and it was hard to take advantage of the free refills when you have to walk so far.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room in the building near the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie B
Greenville, Sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading reviews here I was afraid that it was going to be a dated, dirty, nasty place. But quite the contrary. My son (7) and I (30) stayed on the property and had a great time. Yes, the property is quite large, almost alarmingly so. But everyone was always very nice in giving directions or answering any questions. The room is a little dated, but it was still nice. It compared to a Courtyard. It was nice not having to drive anywhere. There were always buses available, wait times for them were never more than 10 minutes. Drivers were always very nice and polite. I have to give a HUGE thank you to one of the kitchen or front of house managers, Bob. I didn't get his last name, but he was more than great to my son and I! We had 4 meals left on our checkout date and he was so nice. While we ate breakfast he had the kitchen make us sandwiches for our drive home. He boxed them up and bagged up drinks and snacks for us that were all easy to eat on the road. He was really great. The only issue I had was a manager knocked on our door at 1:00 am, they had the wrong room. After apologizing profusely, my son had arcade credits on his card and was able to get an extra snack in the morning.
All in all, it was a very pleasant time. Being just the two of us, I felt safe the entire trip. Great trip, with loads of great memories!

2 Thank Dana M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!