All reviews double tree universal view warm cookies minute walk free shuttle ale house universal orlando perfect location within walking distance attended a conference tgi fridays corner room breakfast buffet self parking city walk upon check gift shop
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here September 15th to the 22nd, I arrived way too early for check in and I had to wait until 4pm to check in. I also called ahead to ask for a room to face universal I didn't get it but I still loved the room they gave me. It faced the city & the pool which I enjoyed viewing at night. My entire week staying here was amazing and quiet. And it's so close to Universal, the hotel also offers free shuttle to Universal as well. I will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Orlando.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing Universal if possible
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
DT Universal O, Executive Assistant at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We decided to stay at this Doubletree because of its close proximity to universal for Halloween Horror Nights 2018. When we first got there to check in, I was pleasantly surprised by the open beautiful space, modern decor, and lounge feel. We were given their warm signature cookies and our room info with a smile. The hotel had several amenities like an onsite pizza place, Starbucks, and little giftshop. Our room was clean and cool and had a great view of the downtown area and pieces of Universal. The bathroom was a nice size and the bath supplies smelled great. The only thing I would've changed would've been to have a bigger trash can available and the toilet would run and not flush every once in a while. Great hotel in a perfect spot. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank isissoler
DT Universal O, Executive Assistant, Nikki S. at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear isissoler, Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Orlando, Fl and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel was very comfortable and beautiful. Every one at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable the bed was amazing. The hotel is within walking distance to Universal.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Dear Luzenka, Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here after visting Universal before driving home. A very large, conference hotel with nice amenties. Our kids loved the splash pads and the pool and garden areas were very nice. The rooms were large and fairly updated. The breakfast buffet was nice and our waiter Vinh was awesome. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

Dear Rather_Nomadic, Thank you for giving us a great rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just love staying at this hotel when we take our trip to Universal. It is so convenient to be located right across the park. They offer a shuttle service (we didn’t use) but we just uber over for a couple bucks. The bell service was spot on the we arrived and when we left. Sure made it easy getting to/from the room. They do charge $20 to self park a day...it’s ok because they have security and it is gated. The front desk service was friendly and very accommodating. We checked in online so that was just a quick cookie and water pick up. They recently renovated the hotel. It seemed open and clean. The rooms are spacious and we had a lovely view of the pool. The courtyard is nice to relax, enjoyed the Starbucks on site for a coffee and breakfast a couple mornings. We planned a down day and hung out by the pool. The pool area is relaxing and we stayed there all day. Only wish they offered pool service The kids played all afternoon. The kid area is fun. The jacuzzi was hot just what you want. Nice large size too. We did eat at the little pizza place by Starbucks and brought it to the pool. It was hot and tasty. Perfect pool day! We did eat at the American Grill place...ok food. The bread was awful. Good service and happy hour drinks. For a treat we ordered room service...they forgot to pick up our form...sad in am bc we had to wait. They made it right by offering us a discount and surprised us with a gift bag apology when we got back to the room. What a nice touch. We did have an issue with the ac in our room but they fixed it right away. Everyone seemed very friendly and accommodating. All and all it is a great place to stay for the family! We saw a lot of business people there as well. The beds are comfortable. Pillows go flat and wish they had comfy blankets.
Oh...one negative about UPS on site. I was excited they were there bc I had a package I needed to drop off. The postage was already paid but they charged me a
$5 fee to ship it.
Have fun ....we sure did!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Piperatlanta

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to a friend. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.