Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Gardner, United States
“My Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was fine and the room was fine, I was a bit dismayed that the hallways on my floor were not vacumed at all durning my 4 day stay. There was an abundance of crumbs and food on the floor, it was really gross.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Jennifer S
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the hallway issues you mentioned. there is no reason for this and I forwarded it to our director of Housekeeping to immediately correct. Thank you so much for letting me know.

Best regards,

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just got back from 7 days in Orlando. I think many people are being to hard on the reviews. My family and I (2 adults and 2 kids) had a great time there. The staff we found to always be helpful and nice (Sean was the first guy I met and he was great the whole week). Linda (who is mentioned many other times on other people's reviews) is fantastic. Nice people working at front desk at least. Errol the guy who brought out fresh towels to the pool area (when I notified the staff) was a nice guy too... I didn't have anything to complain about the staff. They addressed anything questions we had .. without issue and in a friendly manner.

The rooms: ours was just fine. Obviously, you can see the hotel has a few years of age on it...but our rooms were clean, and each day was cleaned by staff. I travel a few times a year for work and this hotel is fine compared to others. Perhaps there may be "older" rooms in the building but from what I could see... it was pretty much standard fare. If you have a prob, simply ask the front desk to move.. doubt they'd take issue.

The pool and hot tub area was fine. I think more guests leave it messy than anything else. I've read other comments that the sizes of towels are small...... take two towels then :) If you are a larger person you may want to take two towels. I had no issue. They were your standard beach towels obviously not the highest quality Ralph Lauren towels.. :) standard fare folks.

When going into Universal be sure to pack a backpack with water, juices, chips, granola bars etc... that was nice they let people bring those snacks in. It gets hot in those lineups so you'll need them.

Cab from hotel to Universal is $5... they do offer a free shuttle.

The parking... I didn't have to worry as I cabbed it from the airport... but some say it was a little pricey. Keep that in mind.

There is a Wahlgreens store next to the hotel where you can get some snacks from.

Overall.. for the price and location to Universal.. Well worth it. I'd go back..

Room Tip: Get a room facing Universal so you can see the fireworks at night.
1 Thank W D
Dear W D ,

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your comments on Sean, Linda, Errol and the rest of our staff. I have shared this with them and it really made their day. I am so happy to hear what a wonderful time you and your family had and am so glad you enjoyed the rooms, pool and location. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Orlando and let us know when you are coming, we look forward to your return.

Jonesboro, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very nice place for the price and right across from Universal Studios (within walking distance). Clean, comfortable rooms, cordial staff, great pool, with dining opportunities, bar, and fairly prompt room service (provided by external business). However, walls are thin and neighboring noise can be a problem, and bathroom needs some maintenance.

1 Thank Heath G
Dear Heath G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and its location to the parks. I truly appreciate you letting me know about the bathroom issue. I had our housekeeper and engineering teams correct it. Thank you so much for staying with us and please come see us again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Has 2 large towers of rooms looking onto Universal Studios. Rooms are clean and hotel is well maintained. If you are going to Universal Studios/Wizarding World of Harry Potter it is probably the closest hotel maybe 15 minutes walk. Can buy tickets at hotel for less than park. Has pool and close to TGI Fridays

3 Thank kirbyy2014
Dear kirbyy2014,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our location. Please come back and see us again soon, we look forward to serving you again.

Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I saw this hotel when I was looking for the closest hotel to Universal without staying on property for one night (we were staying at the Hard Rock the next night). I was leery because even though it said it was "walking distance" to Universal I wasn't sure what walking distance meant. However, we were pleasantly surprised that it indeed was about a 10 min walk to City Walk. The hotel was lovely, beds were comfy and we even had a Universal view from our room. If you can't stay on property at Universal (which I still recommend atleast one night for Universal Express & early entry to Harry Potter) this is the best you can get. Highly recommend!

2 Thank Jennifer K
Dear Jennifer K,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I really appreciate your comments and I have shared them with our entire staff. I am glad you enjoyed our location and the Universal view from your room. Please come back and see us the next time you visit Universal Orlando.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was great. The location was fabulous with walking distance to Universal. The hotel room was clean and had an awesome view of Universal Studios. Will definitely come back and stay. My family and I enjoyed our stay and Starbucks is right in the lobby which is very convenient. It is located near lots of restaurants.

1 Thank 589stacieh
Dear 589stacieh,

Thank you so much for the review. I am so happy that you had such an awesome stay. I am glad you enjoyed our location and our rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Memphis, TN.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went to see Blue Man Group and have dinner at Emeril's both on Universal City Walk. Got a great rate for two nights and could easily walk there. Staff was very helpful. Staying on a Universal Property was very expensive if you only want to use City Walk which has no entrance fee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjwenzel
Dear pjwenzel,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear what a wonderful time you had staying with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review. Please come back and see us the next time you are visiting Orlando.