“Not the best for Business Travelers”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #166 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Jamesville, United States
“Not the best for Business Travelers”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is in rough shape, compared to other Doubletree locations. The staff was courteous; but not overly helpful. My room was clean; but was run down and stuffy. There was a convention going on; so there were quite a few people running around until late in the evening. The restuants were packed; so I went to the deli to get a chef salad and a couple of vitamin waters. The total was over $18; which strikes me as being a bit high. The salad was fresh and satisfying. It looked like to food prices in general were geared more to resort level pricing. All that said; I expeced the qualiy of the hotel interior to be much better than it's current state. They are over due for a upgrade rennovation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Geoffrey W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business travels in the area. We appreciate your honest feedback and will keep your comments about property updates in mind as we look towards refresh opportunities. I also appreciate your compliments about your salad selection and appreciate your feedback about the pricing. We will keep your comments in mind as we make the necessary changes and improvements and hope we'll have a chance to invite you back.

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just come back from 14 days in Orlando and stayed at the Doubletree by Universal. It was fantastic and all the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived to the time we left. The facilities are just what you need with an easy walk to Universal or shuttle buses down to Disney etc. The hotel could probably do with a bit of a makeover in a couple of areas but the attitude and approach of the staff more than make up for this. Would definitely stay here again if we base ourselves in this area

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Universal so you can watch the fireworks each night....
1 Thank Phil C
Dear Phil C,

I am so happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us during your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed our location. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. It was truly appreciated and we shared your comments with everybody. Thank you again so much fro staying with us and please come back and see us soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have actually been at this hotel 4 times and have always found it to be an excellent value. There is plenty to do, they have a helpful staff, and the rooms are clean.

It is in walking distance to Universal and there is plenty to do at the hotel Last time I went I also thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It was clean and had very good options. As a Hilton Gold member, this was a terrific benefit to staying.

About 1.5 years ago I wrote a review at the hotel about some billing issues that I had, that they did resolve. But - the last two times I went, there were no issues with billing and I didn't experience any problems with my stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean, nice, and refreshing. I don't think there is much of a difference between t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank StoufferJax
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear StoufferJax,

I really appreciate that we are your home away from home when you are in Orlando. Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us and thank you for this review. I am so happy to hear that your stay was problem free. Please let us know when you will be returning next, we are looking forward to it.

Pinellas Park
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay. Room was very clean and was quiet. Bed was OK for me. Hubby loved it. Breakfast was not included. Parking was not free. A tip...don't spend the extra for a room with a view. Universal is pretty much dark at night and is located across the parking lot and an eight lane highway. The hot cookie at check in was a nice touch.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear neecee33,

I am so happy to hear you and your husband had such a good time staying with us. Thank you so much for staying and for sharing this review with us. We truly appreciate all of your tips!
Please come back and see us soon, the warm cookies will be waiting for you.

West Palm Beach
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a conveniently located hotel and across the street from Universal. Staff was prompt, professional and very courteous and the rooms large and clean and the beds comfortable.

This hotel is showing its age. Think 1991.. The sofa in the room was ripped, lumpy and threadbare...

Note: This hotel isn't well insulated for sound and our family was awoken several times through the wee hours of the morning by people in the hall and in the room next to us....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jeff B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing this review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our location and I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise issues. I have forwarded this to our Engineering and security departments to correct this issue. We are planning some improvements for later this year and would love to have to back to experience them.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here over Easter weekend and from the moment of arrival until departure it was a fantastic experience. I called Thursday afternoon to let them know I would be checking in very late (1am) and spoke with Nigel. He was extremely warm and considerate, and actually checked us in that afternoon to ensure my room would be waiting for us upon arrival. When we arrived he had a beautiful room ready and waiting...Thank You Nigel for your hospitality. We ate breakfast every morning in the hotel at Pompano's, the food was great, steak and eggs made to order, they even had salmon! The food at the buffet was fresh and delicious. The servers were very attentive, Vinnie was the best! The pool was heated to just the temperature and the hot tub was amazing! This will now be my "go to" hotel whenever I'm in town. Thank you Doubletree for your hospitality!!

Susan

1 Thank Suzyqto
Dear Suzyqto,

I was overwhelmed to hear what a wonderful experience you had during your stay with us. I wanted to personally thank you for this review and for taking the time to share it with us. I have shared this with both Nigel and Vinnie and it made their day! Thank you for recognizing 2 of our staff like this, it means a lot to us. We all look forward to having you back soon. Please let us know when you will be returning.

Bradenton, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed during a conference. The staff was wonderful and the rooms large and clean. Will stay here again when we come back to Orlando. Breakfast at their restaurant was also good, especially the omelet bar.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Mary A
Dear Mary A,

I am so happy to hear you had such a great time with us during your conference here in Orlando. Thank you so much for the review and please come back and see us again soon.