“Good room rate and thats where it ends”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #161 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Let me first off saying the room was great, clean, comfortable beds/pillows, and free Wi-Fi. I just hate being nickeled and dimed. Chose this hotel after a good prior experience in San Antonio. Room rate was $99 on amoma.com. Hotel is right across from Universal City. The hotel and room was clean. Many amenities in the Hotel (bar, starbucks, ice cream/pizza parlor, little convenient store, full service restaurant) but you pay for it, but Its probably like that all over Orlando, as its a tourist area. You have to pay for parking. Drinks at bar were overpriced, $9 for mixed and $10 for draft beer. Did have a pizza at the little shop on site, was very good and made to order. They sell Universal tickets on site and have shuttle services but that can fill up quickly. There are restaurants close by and within walking distance.

Room Tip: any location front or back will have view of the highways
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear darlynnski,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for staying with us during your trip. I am so glad you enjoyed our room and location. I have forwarded your comments on to our entire staff. We truly appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. We all hope to see you again soon.

Louis

There are newer reviews for Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been here twice and yes it was a little while ago but I felt I had to put a review. We stopped in 2006 and got engaged here and we felt it meant a lot to us here so we came back in 2010 and we got married over here but at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation which was beautiful. The hotel is really nice the rooms are big, clean and spacious with great views. The grounds are lovely with a fountain in back with seating where my husband proposed to me! and there is a nice restaurant and they do a nice breakfast, there is a little café bit with food and drinks and they have a pizza hut here too and a shop. You get lovely doubletree cookies here fresh and warm. Its a perfect location for Universal which myself and my husband love and TGI Fridays is only across the road. There are other restaurants and shops and supermarket just up the street which is handy and the I trolley stops outside the hotel as well which is perfect. Disney is not too far away about 30 mins drive. The staff were very helpful and very friendly and did everything they could to help us with our requests and for information.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrsmclean10
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear mrsmclean10 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this review. It was so nice to have you back with us. I am so happy that our hotel works so well for you. We love that this was where you were engaged. It means a lot to us that you would share that with our hotel family. Please let us know when you are coming back for your anniversary so we can have a wonderful room waiting for you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great stay, Hotel was perfect great service & food Prices were a little high but you have to look at the area where you are staying. The business side of the hotel was very good as well. All the food and conference rooms wer set up and done with care and attention. Great Pool and hot tub outside. You are only a decant walk from the theme parks of Universal & Adventure Island. Great shuttle service is availible from the hotel for free as well. Plenty of resturants in the area with in walking distance if you don,t want to eat at the hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Ray M

Dear Ray M,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this wonderful review. I'm so glad to hear we were the "best of the best trip" and our service and rooms were so perfect. I have shared this with our entire staff. On behalf of us all, Thank you again and we all hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We are regulars at this location, we have season passes to Universal, and this is a stones throw from the entrance. We love the warm cookies at check in. The rooms and bedding are fantastic. We have stayed in both towers but I think I like the north tower better, very quiet and the elevators are quick. This visit we ended up on the Hilton Honors floor, as we are collecting points and are members.....truthfully though I am not sure what the difference is. We were on the 15th floor, the 18th didn't seem any different.
Love this hotel. Nice bar in the lobby with 2 for 1 specials, a starbucks for your morning cup of Joe, good restaurant on property, we have only had breakfast there, which is not cheap but handy.

Room Tip: We like the north tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank britgirl1266

Dear britgirl1266,

Thank you so much for being such loyal customers!! We really appreciate having you come stay with us. I am so glad that you love our location, rooms, amenities and service. We all look forward to your next stay with us. We of course will have the cookies waiting for you. Please let us know you are coming.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I woke up because I felt something on my leg, and I turn on the light and there was 4 huge welts on my legs !!! I cannot stop itching and after researching about what I thought it was...Two words...bed bugs !!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lindseyana614

Dear lindseyana614,

We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests and we ask that you contact us directly so that we can speak with you about this situation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel offered everything it had promised from their website. We did indeed get the delicious signature Doubletree cookie upon arrival. We were upgraded to a large room on one of the top floors. The hot tub was large and empty (lucky us). Our room was clean and the shuttle service to Universal was on time. We also took advantage of the ticket desk in the lobby, which saved us some time at the park entrance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_loves_2_travel
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Mrs_loves_2,

I am so happy to hear that your experience was exactly what you expected. Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am glad to hear you had such a good time and were able to take advantage of our location and amenities. please come back and see us again soon.

best regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have just returned from a 14 day stay at this hotel as a couple. Check-in was quick and efficient but we were somewhat surprised that the attendant was texting on his phone while processing our arrival. We had a room on the 4th floor facing the other building. Upon entering the room, there was a light smell of humidity but we were sort of expecting this. The room was large with nice floor to ceiling windows looking at the courtyard. The king bed was super comfortable and we did enjoy the mini fridge in the room. The housekeeping staff cleaned our room everyday and left plenty of towels. The courtyard area is nice and the fountain is a nice fit muffling conversations. We did not eat at the hotel except for coffee at Starbucks in the lobby.

This property needs a major upgrade! The carpet in our room was stained at multiple places, the sofa smelled and was also stained and the wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling off the walls. Upon looking for a plug to charge our phone, we found areas that had not been cleaned in a while. The decor is from the 70's and tired but the stains was what got to us. The other thing about staying here is the noise! All you here is loud bang, bang, bang, every time a door closes. These same banging doors are at the pool; sitting (if you can find a chair) relaxing and bang, bang! Given that this hotel is frequented by people going to conventions the door noise tends to be all around the same time. We also had two occasions during our stay with young adults partying (both Saturday nights). Door slamming multiple times, loud talking and laughing in the hallway until 2:30AM. We did not call to complain since people had been outside in the courtyard til 1AM yelling and talking loud and no one from the desk told them to quiet down. The hotel reception is across the courtyard. The morning we checked out, we checked our receipt and we were charged an extra day for parking. Upon getting this fixed at the front desk, the clerk did not apologies for the error nor did he ask how our 14 nights stay was.

The location is perfect for going to Universal and staying 1-2 nights. We would not stay here again given the condition of the hotel. It really needs to be renovated to be competitive in this area with other hotel options!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue217

Dear Sue217 ,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issue you had during your stay with us. There is no reason for the condition of the room to be anything but perfect. I have taken up the noise complaints with our night manager to see what we may be able to do in the future if this happens again. Thank you so much for letting me know of these issues, when you are in the area again, please let me know so I can set up the room for you. My Email address is Louis.ederer@interstatehotels.com.