“The look of the hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Ocala, Fl., United States
“The look of the hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel was lacking in décor. I have stayed in all hotels and never have I been in one where there was nothing to make you feel warm and at home. I saw very little staff and very few spoke to me. I will be back only because of the kempke music conference.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Peter B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I have shared these comments with our entire staff and I would like to apologize we did not greet you each time we saw you. It is our job to make you feel at home and it seems that we failed at this. I promise it will not happen again. I look forward to greeting you again.

Best regards,

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Southwest Harbor, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Generally , I was satisfied. In the very beginning had to change the room, because of unpleasant smell( AC engineer and receptionist did it momentarily). I was surprised that neither breakfast nor parking was included.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Yu T
Dear Yu T,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing this review. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on how we are doing. The next time you are in Orlando please check out our packages that include breakfast and parking. We look forward to seeing you soon.

best regards,

Odenton, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Rooms are plain, nothing special. There are cheaper alternatives that have the same quality of rooms. Unless you enjoy paying extra for a cookie. Worst part was the mold that was growing on the walls in the bathrooom

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Joshua M,

We sincerely apologize for the mold issue you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention promptly, so we could address the situation. Thank you for your review and we hope we'll have another chance to serve you. When you are travelling again to Orlando, please contact me personally so I may assist you.

Kind regards,

Nashville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is walking distance to Universal which saves you $16 to park. There is a Universal desk within the hotel for any questions. Food options were average. Breakfast was nice. There is a Starbucks on property as well. Other than that it is an average hotel that is clean. The beds were actually quite comfortable and neither my husband or I complained of back pain after 6 nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Marc T,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us. We really appreciate you staying here and sending in a review to tell us how we are doing. I am so glad you enjoyed our location. lpease come back and see us again soon.

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. All the employees I encountered were very friendly & welcoming. I ate dinner in Carnivale & was taken care of by Sue, who was working behind the bar. She had a genuine smile for every customer who came in. The restaurant was busy that night yet there was no wait & my food came out very quickly. I will always stay at Doubletree Universal whenever I visit Orlando.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Dear GatorGirl1975,

I am so happy to hear that you always have a great stay here at our Doubletree Universal. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Sue, I have shared this with her and it brought a smile to her face. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was the location of a convention for a youth athletic group. The facilities for the convention area was great and spacious, location was really good for the activities we had planned for us. But the rooms and interior hallways were horrible!! They are severely outdated and need renovation as soon as possible. The hallways were kept at a constant 85 or degrees. It was cold outside, but so hot inside you could not breathe. The rooms are large, but need major updating. the ceilings are still popcorn and the mirror to closet is framed in brass. It is 80's retro to say the least. The mattresses are hard and could use some help. The sheets and bedding was quite comfortable though.
The laundry facilities are a joke. There are probably 500 or more room and they have enough washers for about 3 or 4 people at a time to use. I did say this was a youth athletic convention with practices and almost 400 boys that have clothes that need laundering. We left and found a coin laundry to get our stuff done. Come on Hilton let's invest in this property and update. You are located at the entrance to the second largest attraction in Orlando and this is the what you have representing you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Dmq1010 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review with us.We really enjoyed having your group at the hotel and I am so sorry for the issues that occured during the time you were here. Please be rest assured that the we are currently working to correct the issues with the hallways and room decor and they will be completed soon. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, I truly hope to see you again soon.

best regards,

Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Trying to play catch up so sorry that this review is a bit old. We stayed at this hotel in October 2011 and it is a little data but the staff was very nice and the hotel was clean. Its great because its in walking distance to Universal which is fantastic! there are a couple of restaurants in the area to walk to as well. we sued out HHonors reward point to stay and it was really reasonable and a great way to visit the park. all in all if you are going to universal and have a budget this is a great hotel to be at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Grace W,

I am so happy that you had such a good time!! Thank you so much for sending us this review and letting us know about your stay. I hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,