“Loved The Proximity To Universal Orlando!”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Loved The Proximity To Universal Orlando!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night in early November.

Loved how close we were to Universal and the I-4 highway.

Diamon upgrade was a free breakfast in the morning that was very good. Would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Rachel G,

Thank you for staying with us and being a Diamond member, we really appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please come back and see us soon!!

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I couldn't have picked a better place. At first glance the hotel seemed huge but it really is quite easy to get around. The restaurants & pool are closer that they appear. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The only item that I thought was an issue is that guests must pay to park. I want to give a great big thank you to Nigel, hotel manager, and Joseph Teano, security for all their assistance. I had an accident (no fault of the hotel) in my bathroom and they were very accommodating, thoughtful and truly looked out for me-providing all types of assistance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Monica L
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Monica L,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am so happy you had such a great time here and were able to enjoy our pool. I have sharedyou wonderful comments with Nigel and Joe and it made their day. We hope to see you again really soon.

new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

An older, but well kept property that's really in a great location right next to the park. Although they charge for parking, even though their lot is huge and should be free, you save a lot of money by being able to walk into the park. The hotel has a starbucks, another restaurant or two, and the breakfast buffet was staffed by very nice personnel. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear globalguy636,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you had an overall good experience with us and our location worked so well for you. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. We all hope to see you again the next time you are in Orlando.

Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked last minute as we decided to go to Universal Studios on our last day. So glad we did. We could walk to the park (15 mins) avoiding the £15 car parking charge. The reception staff were really friendly and we could check in immediately at 9am in the morning and had a late checkout at 12pm. We also used their phone to sort an issue with the hire car - really appreciated.
The room was spacious with 2 queen beds. Lovely coffee maker, good TV and nice views from 11th floor. Bathroom could do with updating but was fine and for what we paid this was great value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear oxonpaul ,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to send us this wonderful review. We really appreciate you comments and are so happy you had such a greatr time. We hope to see you again soon.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel has a very large hall, the concert/event went with out a problem and we are very satisfied with the result and the hotel staff. Highly recommend this hotel to any body that needs to have an event like ours.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Carlos I,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so gald you had such a good time at our hotel during your event. I ope to see you again next year!!

Berkhamsted
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree for the first time this week, and was not sure what to expect. The excellent and warm welcome at the check in desk was most comforting, and the small gift of a warm chocolate cookie and two bottles of water was proof that the hotel cares for it's guests. The room I had was more than comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bar was well stocked providing excellent service and what thought was a great idea by probing individual speakers so you could select which of the wall mounted TV's without the sound upsetting people nearby. I only had breakfast in the morning. The selection of food on the buffet not only looked tempting but was hot where it should be, and I could help but notice that dishes were replaced before they actually ran out. The Omelette bar was run by helpful chefs who did their utmost to please. Every employee I had reason to talk too was more than pleasant, and helpful, and lived up to the badge they were wearing whit had the letters WIT, that I found out means. "whatever it takes". They certainly do that. The hotel bears testament to management's desire to go the extra mile. I have stayed at other Doubletrees, that have all been good but this one stands out on it's own

Room Tip: Stay in the tower rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MickeyGBerkhamsted,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.I am so glad you had such a great time staying with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. I hope to see you you again soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you.Please let us know when you will be returning.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in October for the Spooky Empire convention, overall I was pretty happy with the Hotel, the rooms were always clean and staff very very friendly and helpful. Just some minor issues I saw:

My hotel room did not have a shower curtain the first night for some reason, had this taken care of the next day. Service at UNOs was really slow, took us an hour to get our order. The upper floor lobbys don't seem to have AC running, or it was set to hot. Other than that, everything was great. I did not have any major parking issues that others have reported, one time my key did not work on the gate, but a staff member answered the callbox right away and let me out with no problems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bmzhen1,

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us. We had an awesome time during the Spooky Empire show and cant wait until next year. Please let me know when you will be arriving for next Octobers event. We will ensure that the issues you had are corrected.