“Great Choice for Everyone”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #171 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Manhattan, Illinois
“Great Choice for Everyone”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here during Spring Break...we all know how crazy that can be! But what a nice surprise! This Doubletree is BIG, so it never felt crowded or overrun by families. It truly is at the entrance to Universal Orlando--lots of folks were walking over. It's also a good place to just take a nice walk around the area, which I did. It's fun to see the other hotels near Universal, as well as the beautiful landscaping. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. I ate a delicious chopped salad ($14) at the bar one evening. Excellent service everywhere I went. Parking is $12 a night, right in front of the hotel. And, of course, there's that cookie...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Suzy B.,

Thank you for your awesome comments!! We are glad you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff and told the chef your enjoyed his salad. I hope you join us again the next time you visit Orlando.

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location for Universal Studios - just a quick 15-min walk from the park entrance meant we were in charge of our own schedule: no more waiting for, or running for, the shuttle bus! The hotel was nice, but like most in Orlando, rather desultory and tired. Still, we had no major complaints, and appreciated the very clean room and friendly service. I would stay here again if I were going to Universal again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear ArizOnagirl,

Thank you for your comments. We love our location here across from Universal and we are glad you shared your thoughts on our rooms and staff. We are glad to hear you would stay with us again and hope to see you soon.

Vancouver
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and most amenities. Lobby and bathrooms could use an update. Had fabulous meals at the Indian restaurant Tabla Bar and Grill and the Ale House. Overall-really enjoyed our stay! AND that warm cookie...what can you say!

1 Thank ANZee07
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear ANZee07,

We are so glad you enjoyes your stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you again soon. We will keep the cookies warmn for you!

Porter, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent two nights here on our recent trip to Orlando prior to our cruise, this is a perfect location if you plan to go to Universal and Islands of Adventure. This theme park is walk-able from the hotel. The hotel does charges for parking, but the great location meant we didn't have to pay again to park at the theme parks, there are also buses that will take you to and from the parks also. Overall value of the hotel was perfect clean room with views kid friendly had a great time would stay again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear TexasJohn22,

I am happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments on our location and rooms, I have shared them with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent three nights here on our recent trip to Orlando - using it as a perfect base for a few days at Universal and Islands of Adventure, which are easily walkable from the hotel. The hotel itself charges for parking, but the great location at least meant we didn't have to pay again to park at the theme parks.

The reception desk is large, but does get quite busy. However, we always got seen within a couple of minutes of arriving. We arrived early, so the room wasn't quite ready, but we just headed out for the day and arrived back in the early hours of the next morning to check in to the room. The only slight problem we encountered was that we weren't given enough breakfast vouchers for our stay. As a Hilton HHonors gold member, a breakfast buffet is included which is a fantastic way to treat loyal Hilton guests. The breakfast was excellent - plenty of choice and good quality, even freshly cooked to order omelettes, eggs and steaks. The service at breakfast ranged from OK to good to fantastic - the man from Hong Kong who served us on the last day seemed particularly helpful and friendly. Breakfast hours are superb as well - start early and finish late, so no worries about missing breakfast even if you fancy a lie in (as we did, every day!).

We asked the concierge to arrange a taxi one evening - however, when we got in the taxi and asked the fare, it was going to be $40 for a 15-minute trip, so we quickly jumped out the taxi again and made alternative arrangements! I don't know whether all taxis in the area are so ridiculously priced, or just the ones that sit around the hotel. We're just glad we checked the price before setting off!

The room was comfortable and clean enough, but a little bit tired looking. Also, one of the beds sagged in the middle slightly, so it wasn't a perfect night's sleep.

Excellent hotel for the price we paid - and a fantastic location so close to Universal.

2 Thank Terry D
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear e16guy,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am happy to hear you say we are the perfect location. I appreciate you being a Hhonors member with us and I apologize we didnt give out the proper number of coupons at check in. I have spoken with my staff about this. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I have spoken to Housekeeping and Engineering about the beds in the room as well and they are looking into this. Thank you again and we hope to serve you the next time you are in the Orlando area.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My room was recently updated and fairly clean. I stayed on a Sunday night and it was quiet, but the hotel was by no means empty. I slept as well as I do in any hotel. They offer bus service to Universal which was handy and easy to use. It does cost a few dollars a day to park your car, but they'll let you keep your car in the lot the day you check out. There's a TGI Friday's across the street (easy walking distance) and a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel. Compared to staying in one of the overpriced Universal Orlando Resort hotels, this place is a great place to sleep when visiting Universal Orlando.

1 Thank dcoke22
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear dcoke22,

Thank you for your recent review of Our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a good nights sleep. We hope to see you again the next time you come to Orlando.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now for a stay of 4 days each time. My family and I are total Universal junkies!! We love the parks! We used to stay at the resorts,but we could not justify the price any longer. This hotel was the perfect find!You can take a cab for only $5 to and from the parks. You never have to wait a long time to get in one ( which is not always the case with the ferries in the resorts). There are plenty of food options right by you not to mention the quick cab ride you can always take to City Walk. Also, the place has huge rooms, state of the art fitness center, free WiFi, and you are walking distance away from Walgreens in case you forgot anything. I love this resort! :)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Haydeej
Dear Haydeej,

Thank you so much for your review! We are very proud of our new fitness center and Im so glad to hear you enjoyed it. I am very glad as well that our basic internet is now free in all our rooms. This is definately a bonus. Please contact me at Louis.Ederer@interstatehotels.com when you are returning again so I can block your room for you.