“excellent hotel would recommend to anyone”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #139 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I had booked this hotel a year in advance, from looking at the reviews I became a bit worried as last year my family and I stayed in the Best western movieland, which was a total night mare, but how wrong you could be. My family and I stayed for three weeks in August 07, this hotel reach our expectations by far.

I don’t know where these people got there ideas from but the Rosen centre was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in orlando. The pool is large, and very clean it was also very quiet and relaxing….. The rooms are spacious and clean. The maids came early every morning, if your wish was not to be disturbed all you had to do, was put a privacy notice on the door, maids would call back at a later time…… towels changed every day. The beds were nice and comfy. The view from the 15th floor was out of this world. We could see the length of international drive…… the landing was elegantly decorated with a display of flowers on the table…lifts did have a bit of noise coming from them but, it didn’t disturb any sleep…….i suppose that depends on which part of the hotel you had your room…….

The lobby, reception and bar are all incredible. What a wonderful deli for great food or just a coffee. We even got to try out the gym; it was small but enough machines in there to do that work out…. Also a great tennis court……….The staff couldn’t do enough for you, which made the whole stay even better.
We would defiantly return to this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone……

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank yvonne43

Reviewed August 23, 2007

This huge hotel was probably within the modest price range of the convention I am attending. It is not lavish, but it is quiet and acceptable in all areas. The "convention food" was actually better than average. Also, there are several restaurant choices, including a deli/take-out (salads/sandwiches/pizza/wine/snacks) that is open 24-7. The pool is huge. The rooms are nice size with average/basic appointments, but they are definitely clean. The lamps in the rooms are very very dim. Surprisingly, you have to pay for Internet service (wired), but it is not a ridiculous amount. The self-park lot/garage is a very, very long way from the lobby. The staff is pleasant. Unless you are expecting something special, you will not be disappointed with this basic hotel.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 3, 2007

I stayed here for two nights for a convention being held at the hotel.

Lets start with the positive. The staff was friendly, the a/c in the room worked well, pool was nice and the conferance facility was excellent.

However I won't stay here again. The beds are HARD as a rock and were very uncomfortable!! When we checked into our room we had no t.v. or internet service....over 7 hrs later (after midnight) and two techs later we finally had both. Then we learned that it cost $10.00 a day for "basic" internet service!! There was also no wi-fi anywhere in the hotel! For a "convention" hotel catering to the business traveler I found this hard to believe. The lighting in the room was also very low...it was very hard to do any work after dark as the poor lighting caused eye strain. The rooms were just average (like a days inn). Any Hampton Inn I have stayed at was better than here. I will not stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank pacman2033
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Let me start off saying that everything went perfectly at Rosen Centre for me and my family. Even if something did go wrong the staff seemed so efficient that it would probably turn out not to be a problem at all. I was here for a conference, but my family came too for the parks. The pool was great, probably their favorite activity. All around wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Griswald52
Reviewed July 2, 2007

The Rosen Centre may not be the most luxurious hotel around (personally I think it outshines the Peabody by miles!) - but the level of friendly service is outstanding. The rooms are basic but comfortable. I agree with a previous review that the lighting is poor in the rooms, but apart from that, for the price, I think that the hotel represents good value for money. The swimming pool area is wonderful and relatively quiet during the day as a lot of the clientele are at conventions. We have been staying at the Rosen since 1999 and even when we decided to stay at the Peabody for our honeymoon, we checked out after only one night and checked in at the Rosen Centre.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pollilop
Reviewed June 26, 2007

From looking at the reviews, you would think that this hotel was not nice, but how wrong you could be. I have stayed at this hotel 4 years on the run and every year it exceeds my expectations.

I dont know where these people are staying but it certainly isnt the rosen Centre. Yes, i will say it is not cheap but it is worth every penny. The pool is large, nice and cleaned evey night. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is lovely. The beds are nice and comfy and the AC is not loud as some of the others have described. My family and I could quite happily watch both the TV and have the AC on.

The lobby, reception and bar are all incredible. Nice high ceilings, and very elegantly decorated. The staff couldnt do enough for you, which made the whole stay even better.

The hotel is also right in the heart of everything and within easy reach of all of the attractions. There is also the plus of a sheltered car park, which is free.

What more can i say about this hotel. It will suit everyone. I travelled with my twin brother (22) and my parents and we loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank nataliejane
Reviewed June 8, 2007

As many were, I was booked here for a conference due to the hotel's proximity to the Convention Center. Overall, the stay wasn't horrible, but not as nice as the last time I stayed at a much cheaper hotel near the Convention Center.

- The beds are horrible - no padding whatsoever. I slept very poorly all week.
- My room was next to an icemaker, and the hotel was full... the icemakers are INCREDIBLY loud.
- My sink had a huge crack in it that had been reglued, but that appeared to be mildewed. It should be replaced.
- The AC unit was so loud that you could watch TV or have AC - but not both.
- The rooms are very poorly lit. The hotel has replaced all of the incandescent units with poor quality flourescents. Was very hard to work at night.
- Finally, the desk provided had a horrible wicker chair with no pad. EXCRUTIATINGLY painful to sit on and work for any extended period of time.

If I get booked here again, I will move. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007