“One of the Worst in Orlando in its price range...Should have paid 150.00 a night”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #136 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 29, 2007

Wow where to start. First off we paid over 500 for an "VIP Suit". The room looked like a days inn. The beds and covers looked like they were from the 60's and they were dirty. The carpet had stains everywhere holes in the wall etc etc.... The other great thing was when you pay over 500 a night for a room in which you plan to have meetings in, you would like some glasses, coffee cups, stuff like that. Well it didnt come with it. Each cup and glass cost and extra $0.25 each per day. This was the biggest waste of money every.

3  Thank famoussas
Write a ReviewReviews (3,019)

Reviewed April 27, 2007

Stayed at the Rosen Centre Hotel while working a Trade Show at the Convention Center. The location to the convnetion center can not be beat, and the hotel itself is not bad. I will say that these were without a doubt the hardest beds I have even slept on. I found that a full nights sleep became more difficult the longer I was there (4 nights). The staff was good and the rooms were pretty much standard, but well appointed.

My issue with the hotel is also it's strength - location. It is excellent for the convention center, but if you stay along in International Drive area for dining, you'll have many choices, but all will be pricier than the same restaurants in another location.

I wouldn't suggest this for vacationers, unless you're combining it with a convention.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Likeke
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Stayed at this hotel since it's adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center. Great decor however, while it sounds petty, they don't supply water bottles in the room & the sink water is mild and not cold. The cafe sells Starbucks downstairs but offers the cheapest coffee filters in the room. Hotel offers great pillows but the bed is hard as a rock. I think this is a marketing technique for the spa downstairs. Lastly, while they have great TV programming, they still have CRT tv's. For the price you pay, sometimes you think you're room is Red Roof Inn and not Rosen Centre.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Hilda K
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I really don't know where to begin on the shortcomings of this hotel so I will mention the highlights. Had to stay here due to its proximity to the convention center but if you can get a room at the Peabody.....

The lobby hasn't changed since the 80's horrible lighting, cheesy decor, ditto for the rooms, everything looked so cheap and outdated down to the 90's TV. The huge AC unit, hanging out like a piece of furniture, noisy and smelly. no mini fridge, requested one for $10/day and got a moldy and dirty unit that didn't work. Tiny bathroom, so small that the sink was outside, if someone is sitting in the toilet you can't even open the door. No proper safety deposit box (with a code like most even budget hotels these days) Just a small hole with a key in back of the closet. Did I mention that we were staying on the "Executive" floor? Room service food was sub standard, arrived cold and not very fresh. I wonder why they even bother.

How cheap is the management of this hotel that they can't update anything? Charging the rates that they do, I realize that they take advantage of the convention goers who don't have too many choices so they can afford to offer sub standard service and accomadations to their captive audience. This hotel truly is an example of a "tourist trap" they really don't care if you come back, unfortunately you just might have to because of their location. I advise all convention goers to plan early so that this hotel doesn't have to be your default choice. You will feel so ripped off. We checked out our last night and went to the Sheraton, not a whole lot better, but it was a third of the price. And you even got the morning paper delivered to your room!

4  Thank petiza
Reviewed March 3, 2007

It went from nuisance to downright pathetic. We chose the hotel because we had an alteration in schedule and we needed a two-night stay for the end of our vacation. This is the hotel where we picked up our rental car and figured this was a convenient place to stay after returning the car. Wish I had read reviews first.

The room had an odd, moldy scent. It was evident each time you walked into the room. The decor was fine, but the bedspreads/duvets were dirty, like old chocolate fingerprints left behind from some other visitor. The dining buffet was closed 2 hours early at 8:30 p.m. our first night. The second night we did not want the buffet because we had a 3 am wakeup to get to the airport, looking for something light. We sat down, ordered drinks, read the menu and were then told that we would have to wait up to 40 minutes for anything from the menu, but we were welcome to the buffet. Miscommunication in the kitchen, they said. The manager on staff blew it off, kind of an "oh well, someone else will pay the $250 per night to stay here if you don't." In the future, we won't.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SeattleMG
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I had to stay here for a convention. Otherwise, I would not have chosen this hotel. At all. First, I requested a refrigerator because I had medicine that had to be kept cool. When I checked in, they saw the request, but when I got to the room, there was no fridge to be found. I called downstairs - after waiting for abour 5 minutes on hold - and requested my missing fridge. 45 minutes later it arrived, but didn't work. I gave up at that point and told the guy to just take it away. Luckily, the old air conditioning unit was plenty cold so I just put the stuff on top of that.

The bathroom was very dimly lit, the shower was mediocre at best and it had one of the most anemic toilets I have ever encountered. One piece of toilet paper would not go down.

The view, however, was pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, that was the only thing that was spectacular.

3  Thank wearyat
Reviewed January 17, 2007

First after reserving and getting a room with a King sized bed confirmed, we were put in a room with 2 double beds. After calling the front desk and asking to be put in the room that we reserved, we were told that they were full and could not give us a King room.

Room was not very clean and had a strange smell. The room had an iron but no ironing board. When my wife called to ask for one, a lady came up and brought an ironing board then proceeded to stand in front of the door waiting for a tip. When my wife refused to tip for something that should have been there in the first place the lady gave my wife a dirty look. Safe to say that the service at this hotel is terrible.

House Keeping did a terrible job of cleaning the first day that we were there. The sink was left dirty, coffee pot was not cleaned and the old coffee was still in it. The trash can was full and not emptied and the beds were not made properly. Again we called and asked why the room was left this way and we were told that they would tell the manager. The manager never called nor did anyone come up to the room to clean properly.

The walls must be made of paper because we were able to hear everything that went on in the room next to us. The TV in the room was on full blast until 2:00 am and so we got little sleep that night. After 2 nights of this we decided to check out early and change hotels. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple