3,294 results
All reviewsconvention centerred's delieverglades restaurantinternational driveself parkingred lobsterattending a conferencepointe orlandolarge hoteltrade showconvenience storehigh floorlobby barmini fridgelarge poolsea worldpool area is
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I booked this hotel as part of my trip to Orlando, FL for the HSMAI Revenue Management & Internet Marketing Conference as well as HITEC 2010 that took place 6/21-6/24. I stayed four nights, and my stay met my expectations (which weren't high). The hotel is DEFINITELY showing its age, as it has very loud HVAC systems in the rooms, NO WIRELESS internet option in the rooms (yes, I had to pay $9.95/day for leaning over my bed to use my laptop...VERY IRRITATING!) and a pool area that was bug occupied on several days (not pleasant navigating the waters to avoid dead mosquitos). That said, the bed was comfortable enough, the staff allowed early check-in, and it was very conveniently located to the Convention Center, which was directly across the street. However, for the conference rate of $169.00/night, I would have MUCH preferred to stay at the Hilton across the street, or better yet, The Peabody for only $10 more a night. Too bad I procrastinated and waited to book until ONLY the Rosen Centre was left. Lesson learned: next time I'm at a conference in Orlando, I'm booking early and staying across the street. I advise you to do the same!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stay away! My friend and I had a room with 2 double beds and the first night we woke up with several bites on our arms and legs. We told the front desk and they changed all the bedding...the next night we were bitten again--I called the front desk at 3am to complain! They came and gave us itch cream, took pictures of our bites, and then we filled out a report. The also moved us to a different room. Despite being moved, we woke up with MORE bites. If you choose to stay at the Rosen Centre, be prepared for bed bugs!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
20  Thank adventuregirl2010
RosenCentre, Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

We sincerely regret that you had a negative experience during your stay with us on June 2010. We take great pride in our beautiful hotel and in the quality of service and product that we provide. We take these complaints very seriously as our guests’ comfort and well-being is of utmost importance to us. Once we were made aware of your problem we provided you with a new guest room and first aid assistance. The original guest room you were in was thoroughly inspected as per our established procedures and our pest control service provider informed us that no activity of bed bugs was found. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and are appreciative of our guests’ feedback. We truly regret that your experience in our hotel was not a positive one and welcome the opportunity to erase this negative experience and show our Rosen hospitality during your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I was pleasantly suprised at the value for this room. I came to Orlando for the FPEA Homeschool Convention with young children and received the conference rate of $119. The parking was very reasonable at $5 for overnight parking and garage was fairly close to main hotel rooms. The mini mart was well stocked with great hours and offered convenience foods like pizza at a reasonable price, There was also a Starbucks in the lobby.
The room offered a vast selection of channels on TV. The only thing we could have asked for was a small fridge in the room to keep our drinks cool. This was a great bargain for a family traveling with kids-very convenient location to Theme Parks/International Drive. You could walk to Denny's/CVS right next door also. I would stay again and was overall happier than our stay at Marriot World Center.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank AK2Flmom
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Just stayed here for a one night stay on 1 June 2010.

This is a big hotel - make no mistake - one of the biggest in the area.

However, if you want something a little up market and a change from a 'Motel' type setting like most other places on international drive then this is a good option.

Check in was smooth - although having paid top dollar for our stay I didnt like having to pay $6 for overnight parking...rather steep on top of $140 for a deluxe double room.

Pool area large and plenty of sunchairs...one of the better hotel pools in the area. Lots of good quality towels provided - help yourself to clean ones whenever you need.

Our room was very clean and tidy....and roomy. Dissappointed, as others have been, that WIFI not available in room and the wired interest service provided was rather pricey....then again a lot of places seem to be charging for internet access these days, especially in U.K.

Overall, recommended if you want a better hotel and location near the action with a good pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Ok so those of you booked to stay here or planning to stay here.. please dont panic at other reviews you have read! its Brilliant. Im a 30 year old male who went with my girlfriend (we are younger at heart and love the themparks and water parks and drinking and nice food) So we stayed here and it was great! Ill tell you about the hotel. Its huge.. and has just about everything. We staye don the 9th floor and had great views over the area. There are no balconys in this hotel and its a high rise. There is a huge lovely pool, and kids pool and two hot tubs. There are loads of sun beds to be had (when i went in the last week of may the hotel was quiet because the kids are at school so we had our run of the pool and sunbeds etc it was great) They have great friendly and helpful staff, check is was super quick they gave us free parking as we were staying a week, and the consierge (prob spelt wrong) was great with tickets and directions and just friendly banter. They have a great resturant, another cheaper resturant also looked great and a deli which i used alot for breakfast and snaks etc.. they sell everything in here an its a great shop to have in a hotel. there is always a lift ready as there was bout 8 lifts.. Its an amazing looking hotel (a little like a bellagio hote design).. It was very clean and didnt hear any people in other rooms etc. The i-ride stop is right outside (the trlly bus that goes up and down internation drive). Its location is good for evenings out on international drive and also for getting to seaworld and wet n wild. Its just a short car or bus ride to the other parks. I only have a couple of minor gripes with this place but i would defo stay here again and advise other people too. Ive been international drive several times in my life (mostly as a kid) but this is one of the top 3 hotels to stay at on i drive, peabody also looks nice and the hilton.. these 3 are the top 3.. head and shoulders over the rest.. alot of hotels in i drive are dated. ok so my gripes.. we got a room with 2 doubles... rather than a king.. i didnt mind this but the doubles were very slim so we push the 2 beds together to make a giant bed which worked out ok. Another gripe is the pool side bar/snack hut thing wasnt open at all whilst i was there.. maybe this is cos its not peak hoiday time and the hotel wasnt full, but i think we couldve been notified.. Please look forward to going here if you have booked, its a brilliant hotel.. Must visit resturants in the area at cattlemans steak house (have the chicken)... also UNO steak house was great.. both these places are busy and quick and value for money.. also piratse cove crazy golf is a laugh on an evening out... have fun!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple