“?FOUR STAR?no way!!!”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #135 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 15, 2008

my husband and i recently took a quick weekend getaway to orlando to just chill out a bit.I booked the rosen centre hotel through hotwire for $64 a night,hotwire said this was a four star,but from the second we pulled up the driveway i was confused if this was true.We checked in and were given a handicap room,since this was the only king room they had left in the whole hotel, it was drap and very run down.There was no mini bar,the ac was one of the old kind that stick out of the wall,the closet was about 3x3 sooo tiny and it also stores iron and board not much room for anything else,there was no real blanket on the bed,just a few sheets and a waffle type thin blanket,tv is not flat screen,bathroom was a joke,I understand that it is made for someone with a wheelchair but it was just soo ugly and dirty feeling,the shower had a walmart like shower curtain from like 1992 and the Tile was dirty and old.Now the whole time i am telling myself "at least it was cheap"but when i got home to check what the star rating was on other travel sites i was so upset to see the same rooms going for less then i paid on hotwire.Also on expedia and hotels.com it was a 31/2 star and travelocity had it as a 3.of course i called hotwire and they said they just had someone in there that did a review and they felt it was a 4 star,so i guess i will never book anything less then a 5 star on hotwire because then maybe i will get a true 4star.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank megstrip
Write a ReviewReviews (3,018)

Reviewed December 12, 2008

First time at the Rosen Centre Hotel for a conference in early December, and this location was chosen due to the close proximity to the convention center. It is easily within quick 3 minute walk.

I was on the 9th floor and right next to the ice machine. Thankfully I use ear plugs, or else that noise would have kept me up all night. The walls in the room are very thin, as I could hear the next person watching TV, coughing and sneezing.

There is NO free internet access, you pay $9.95 per 24 hour period, or $4.95 per hour. The food at the Cafe Gaughin is not great (don't eat the dinner buffet for $19.95). Red's Deli is ok, and you can purchase soda, juice, and other beverages, as well as other food snacks.

They do provide 24 hr taxi and car service at the hotel, which is convenient. Average price for a car service to the airport from the hotel is $39-$42, but if you use a credit card, they charge you $3 more. Another nice feature is their baggage checkin. For certain airlines, you can checkin your luggage at the hotel valet, and they also print out your boarding pass...all for $10.

Overall, an average hotel for a convention, but the conveniences make it a worthwhile option.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I was there for a week in early December at a conference. The hotel is really convenient for the conference halls.
Check-in is quick but the people behind the desk are very brusque and generally unhelpful, almost to the point of being obstructive and argumentative.
The room on the 21st floor was fine, standard type room with comfortable bed.
Cafe Gaugin breakfast was not good, the buffet hot food was uninspiring, the hot food in the market shop next door to the Cafe was also poor.
The service in the bar was good, the girls serving are good fun and work hard.
The gym is small but just about ok - but you pay $10 a day for it!
A colleague had the 'suite' on the 2nd floor - it was dreadful, old furnishings, a drop down bed, old bathroom and $700 per night!!
I know you get more for your money away from the conference center, you have to balance that against the convenience.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KT50
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I checked into the Rosen Centre for a week long stay to attend a convention. I picked this hotel because it's right next door to the convention center. It's not a cheap hotel, and I expected the usual extra charges to use the fitness center and the internet. What I didn't expect was that the hotel itself would be subpar and that there wouldn't be wireless in the rooms. I'm paying $12.95 a day for ethernet. What else? Oh yes, when I walked into my room it was dirty. Not like the cleaners missed it, but like the cleaners did a really bad job. The beds were made but there was garbage in the wastebasket, a washcloth under the sink on the floor, and someone had clearly recently used the toilet. When I went to the desk to change rooms, I noticed someone else was changing rooms too. My new room had a clear stale odor of cigarette smoke despite this is a no-smoking hotel. So I switched again. My new room is fine. I should say that I've never switched before; I'm not really that particular. It's just that the rooms were that bad. When I went to the bar to get a drink and order a snack, the waiter advised me to "not bother with the food" and I heard him making a similar suggestion to another table. I went ahead and my snack was fine. To sum up: this hotel feels like a dying beast which is trying to gouge as much money as possible before it finally gets bought out by another chain. The staff don't seem committed or inspired, the facilities are merely adequate, and the amenities are extremely weak. Next time, I'll try another place!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank biznesstravler
Reviewed October 21, 2008

My family and I have been frequent visitors to the Rosen Centre for a number of years now and each year we continue to be impressed by the extremely high standards they set, not least of which being in the area of customer service. This is an exceptional hotel that puts the needs of its guests first. There are many fine examples of this, however, the one that stands out this year is the attention given to me by the hotel staff following an accident that occurred at Macy's store in Millenia Blvd. Following my accident I consulted the hotels front desk to ask about the nearest medical centre - my tour operator, Thomson, having offered no advice/support whatsoever! Within minutes they had a qualified first aid worker check out and dress my wound and even offered to lay on transport to the nearest medical centre on Imternational Drive. The following day I was contacted by Gary Deel, the hotel manager to see if I was ok.

Leaving aside the accident, the service provided by the hotel staff throughout the holiday was fantastic, certainly worthy of mention is the Everglades Restaurant manager, Gabriela Henry, who ensured we enjoyed a superb dinning experieng at the hotels Everglades restaurant .

We have stayed in a number of good quality hotels across the states over a number of years now and none of them come close in terms of the customer service that is provided by the Rosen Centre.

We have already booked a return trip in May next year, which in itself is testimony to the praise given, not just by me, but by all the other reviewers who have praised this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank GallowayNcle
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We recently spent 9 nights here and on our 5th time to International Drive I must say this is the best hotel yet. First impressions of the hotel are great. Lovely foyer with fast and friendly check-in. Room was in my opinion adequate. Carpet was a bit stained and bathroom was in need of a makeover but beds were comfortable and clean and loads of fresh towels. Great views from our room on the 21st floor. We used the car hire services and found them to be very friendly and helpful. On the downside we had the misfortune of eating at The Cafe Gauguin. This was possibly the worst meal I ever had (or left). The bar was a bit pricey but the staff were great. This is not a very touristy hotel. Most of the people were there on business. The pool area was super. Loads of sunbeds and towels. If I was going back to International Drive I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank venimax
Reviewed October 4, 2008

I stayed at the Rosen Centre for one night on business and was disappointed - this time - that my trip wasn't longer! I was on the 13th floor in room 1360 and it was fantastic. The room was very large and spacious. The king sized bed, so somfy and cozy with great linens, was placed at an angle in the room facing the window which looked out over the pool and part of the convention center and I-drive. There was a large desk in the room, a huge entry, two rooms for the bath and to top it off there was a robe in the room. A flat screened TV and coffee maker completed the room. It was extremely quiet and I could not hear any sounds in the ajoining rooms or in the hallway. But.....what really topped it off was listening to the owner of the hotel speak--Mr. Rosen! Mr. Rosen was a speaker for "Disability Mentoring Day" for the State of Florida and he took the time out of his busy schedule to speak to the special education students and tell them his personal story and to encourage them to "dare to dream." He walked throughout the ballroom among the many students present and was approachable and conversed with many of the students present (almost 600). Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to thank him for what he gave to those students--hope and inspiration...................So,....I travel frequently on US government business and you can guess who now is at the top of my list for accommodations on I-drive! Move over Hilton and Marriott!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business