“they could do better”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #144 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Staying at the Rosen Hotel for a work conference. Even though the conference requires me to be here for 2 nights and my company booked a block for the entire time, I somehow could not get into the block for the second night. The hotel told my secretary that they could book me in another Rosen property about 15 minutes away. By the time that she hung up with the Rosen Center, called to ask me if that would be ok and then called them back, their other property was no longer available either. Thus, I am only attending my conference for 1 night. My request for a late check-out on the second day was not honored.
My room was not ready upon arrival and it took 3 tries to get a toothbrush sent up to my room. Each time I called back, I was told that the request had not been processed. I definitely would not stay here again.

3  Thank Danielle C
There are newer reviews for Rosen Centre Hotel

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Rosen Centre is a huge hotel located in Orlando, on International Drive. It may remind you of a Vegas-style hotel in terms of its immensity & huge main thoroughfares & ballrooms.

Location: near everything such as convention center, Pointe Orlando, many restaurants, one hour's drive to Cocoa Beach.

Facility: it's a huge place & thus you'll see lots & lots & lots of conventioneers, trade groups, church groups ... groups, groups, groups! Rosen staff handle it all with pleasant & professional aplomb. This is, after all, Orlando. Hospitality workers are some of the best in the world here.

Food: didn't try the in-house restaurants, sorry.

Room: the staff was amazing, upgraded me to a king room without me asking, and thus I'm a Rosen Centre fan for life. King bed was so comfortable. Slept well. Quiet, doors weren't slamming in the hallways, housekeeping didn't show up at the crack of rooster & the room was immaculate. So clean. Housekeeping here is to be commended: they did a fabulous job & very pleasant people to greet in the hallways.

Odd bits: the flat screen tv was actually a bit small for this room size. Water pressure was phenomenally good. Plenty of pillows, bedding felt clean & very comfortable. Nice view out the window. Blackout curtains (THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THIS!) made the room into midnight no matter what time of day. Room temp controlled by occupant.

Parking seems like a scrum when you pull up to the hotel to register but valet guys do a good, professional job for something like $20 per day. You can also drive around back to the parking garage & self-park for $6.00 per day, unlimited in / out. I went the latter route & was fine.

I would recommend the Rosen Centre & I would stay here again. Professional, pleasant people & a nicely done, quality place.

Room Tip: Upgrade to king bed suite or king bed room. Worth it IMHO.
1  Thank fawlcon
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hi Fawlcon,

We are so glad that we won you over for life! What more could we ask for? We are truly gratified, thank you.

One way this can happen is if you try our wonderful dining options. The Everglades restaurant is an excellent choice for an elegant dinner, while 98Forty Tapas & Tequila is great for a fun and tasty lunch.

We can’t wait to see you again. Come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here in January 2014 for a conference and had a very pleasant experience. The whole facility was very nice. The restaurants are good. The service was great. We also took advantage of the Spa, which was incredible! Location was excellent. We took a wonderful morning walked down International Dr. to Sand Lake Rd and back. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are on a business trip or with adults. I'm not sure if it would be a great fit for a family with younger children.

1  Thank jksan

Hi Jksan,

It sounds like you took advantage of many of the perks at Rosen Centre. The Spa at Rosen Centre is quite a highlight. We offer new treatments and packages throughout the year.

Which restaurants did you get the chance to dine in? We always recommend treating yourself to an elegant dinner at the Everglades restaurant that features Southern dishes like gator chowder.

We hope you will visit us again soon here in Orlando to enjoy the Florida sun!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed in Jan 2014 for a conference in the Orange County Convention Centre and the location at the Southern end of International Drive was great for me. Reception was very helpful and friendly, although my first taste of America's lack of chip and pin was a surprise. My initial room would not open with the allocated key and this was quickly sorted with a new room. Great views from the room on the 20th floor over the pool and Sea World. The room was very comfortable with 2 queen beds, a large cupboard and drawers for clothes and a nice TV, although it was a bit dated at the time of writing. Free WiFi. No noise that I noticed (other than the air conditioning unit, which was very much needed) so I slept very well. Plenty of restaurants to use in the hotel with lots of choice, although quite expensive. I would stay again for another conference in the area.

1  Thank HostMania

Hi HostMania,

Thank you so much for crossing the ocean to stay with us. We are blessed to have so many convention attendees stay at Rosen Centre. We are glad that we could serve you well even with a bump along the way. Our staff is excellent at quickly adjusting when needed.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed at this property for 3 nights and were very pleased. The room are a little small but very clean. The location was ideal for our event at the OCCC. Just across International Drive. The staff here is outstanding. They were very professional and friendly. We were even treated to a magic trick on one of our elevator rides by a member of their staff. A well executed card trick. Baggage and valet went above and beyond and an item left in the room by mistake was sent to lost and found by housekeeping. Arrangements have been made for it's return. The merits of any business can be measured by its employees. Truly, the staff at the Rosen deserve 5 star rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hi Daniel,

Words cannot express how honored we are to receive such great compliments. The staff will be overjoyed to hear your praises. Mr. Rosen has implemented a high level of service standards for associates. We’re so glad that they were readily evident to you.

We can’t wait to see you again for work or for play.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was in Orlando for business conference back in May, 2013 and had an booked Rosen Center Hotel for a week and a half. It's a big hotel actually very big hotel connected with Orange county convention center which makes it easy for commuters.

I loved the bar and pool side bar service. Rosen center is located right on the International Drive which is connected to all the major hubs in Orlando. You get easy public transport, block away Walmart and near by restaurants.

If I go back to Orlando again, would love to stay.

I was staying on the 16th floor and the view was just awesome so book any room after 8th floor.

Recommendation:
Free / complimentary breakfast would have been ideal. :)

Thanks,
Deepak

Room Tip: Rooms above 8th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Deepak,

We are so glad you took the time to review Rosen Centre. It sounds like you enjoyed the perfect combination of work and play.

We hope you will be back in Orlando again soon so that we may host you again. We always love to see a familiar face.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Beautiful hotel, rooms were quiet and comfortable with great views of International Drive and the beautiful Civic Center and surrounding area from the22nd floor. The pool is large and surrounded by tables for outdoor dining. The hotel has several restaurants from sushi to pizza to fine dining. You never have to leave the hotel. It was a great relaxing stay.

1  Thank Marci M

Hi Marci,

You are right on target. We want our guests to feel that Rosen Centre is their home away from home. While we are conveniently located near Pointe Orlando, we are proud to offer fine dining and entertainment right inside the hotel.

We hope this means you will stay with us again soon. Thankfully, Atlanta isn’t too far away.