“Good Convention Hotel”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #139 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located and connected via SkyBridge to the Rosen Centre. The Front Desk Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was nicely appointed with a Mini Fridge and Microwave. Wi-Fi was free, but was intermittent and didn't have great signal except when I was in the lobby. The Bell Staff happily held my luggage until my departure time since the hotel has a strict check out time. The Spa was being renovated while I was there, so I didn't have an opportunity to use it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator if you don't want to walk a long ways because this hotel is...
1  Thank KevinR8

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was there for a conference and this hotel was perfectly situated for that. My husband was not going to the conference, so he was able to entertain himself around the lovely pool while I trekked off across the skywalk - giving the hotel a direct connnection to the convention centre. I was a little disappointed that the room we got had 2 double beds, as we did ask for a king, but other than that, the room was very nice - came with a fridge which was a welcome amenity. Housekeeping was excellent, and all the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly. The only issue was in the lobby bar, which was very busy on a couple of the nights that we were there, and they definitely did not have enough staff on. VERY long waits to get served. But the servers tried their very best. I'm always appreciative of staff that remain friendly when they are extremely busy. Overall a very good stay, and I would definitely return there when I'm next in the area.

Room Tip: If you're attending a convention, ask for a room closer to the elevators to cut down on the walk...
2  Thank Scott J
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Check in was efficient. Although I booked a room with a king bed and when I got there I got a room with 2 full size beds which was very disappointing because my husband and I couldnt sleep in the same bed and we were there without our kids so it was a time for us to have fun and be together. I would def skip valet because it was 20.00 and when we were checking out they didnt charge us because they said our room name and vallet name didnt match which it did. So when we were ready to leave we had to wait a half hour to get our car. I suggest self parking. BUt it all wasnt bad. We stayed on the 20th floor which we got to choose. The room was very nice and 5 mins after we walked in housekeeping checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. The pool area was very nice and the pool bar was awesome as well. It was in walking distance of a lot of things. We needed a taxi and they had Escalades and Surburbans waiting to shuttle you where you need to go (this is a taxi service though and not a service of the hotel so there is a charge we paid 10.00 to go about 2 miles away but its worth it especially arriving to your destination in a nice car and not just a taxi. I would stay at the Rosen again though. There is a sushi bar, tapas and Tequilla, and many other choices for food. The conceirge was very prompt and courteous and housekeeping was very friendly

Room Tip: Make sure you are going to get the room you booked
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank patswife0416
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Average hotel. Clean, reasonably priced but not great.
Just a nice business hotel you will visit for a trade show, but not fancy.
It is convenient if you attend sapphire or other events. The pool is big but who has time for this during a business trip ?
For all others there are better alternatives in the area.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Applejodler
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had two weeks here & had no complaints at all. We were on 22nd floor, but with four lifts servicing this section of the hotel (there were another four for floors 1-16) we never had to wait long. The room was spacious & spotlessly clean, there is free wi-fi, but we did find this a little slow sometimes. There were a multitude of options for eating, but we only used the deli & shop which were lovely & we had a couple of drinks in the bar which was also comfortable.
It did have more of a 'conference hotel' feel, but as 3 adults simply wanting a base it was excellent & we would definitely stay there again. We didn't have a car, but I believe there may have been a charge for parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Howesthat
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you are attending a show at the convention center your can't beat the convenience of this hotel. Overall a good experience, rooms are rather large, the elevators are very fast and the meeting rooms are superb. Try the fruit smoothies from the Starbucks in the lobby!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HRHofOC
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is directly connected (via a walkway) to the Orlando Convention Center. So the location is great, just off the 528 freeway and on International Drive. I was excited to stay here during a conference because the brand feels special. However I came away with a feeling that I only got 70% of what I expected from such an expensive high quality hotel. I can't put my finger on what wasn't right, but if anything I would say it was 3 things;
- the WiFi and wired internet was really slow (unusable really)
- the air conditioning was either loud or silent, and therefore kept waking me up
- the pool was really quite average for what was billed as a top resort hotel

But honestly, it's safe and clean and well maintained, and I would stay there again for a conference. The concierge was really friendly, as were the front desk staff. The main benefit is that within a 10 minute stroll you can be in a great restaurant on International Drive or pick up the I-ride shuttle that runs the length of International Drive. No need to drink and drive, either walk or get the bus and have a good time!

1  Thank Terry H