3,324 results
All reviews convention center red's deli everglades restaurant international drive self parking red lobster attending a conference pointe orlando large hotel trade show convenience store high floor lobby bar mini fridge large pool sea world pool area is
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is directly connected (via a walkway) to the Orlando Convention Center. So the location is great, just off the 528 freeway and on International Drive. I was excited to stay here during a conference because the brand feels special. However I came away with a feeling that I only got 70% of what I expected from such an expensive high quality hotel. I can't put my finger on what wasn't right, but if anything I would say it was 3 things;
- the WiFi and wired internet was really slow (unusable really)
- the air conditioning was either loud or silent, and therefore kept waking me up
- the pool was really quite average for what was billed as a top resort hotel

But honestly, it's safe and clean and well maintained, and I would stay there again for a conference. The concierge was really friendly, as were the front desk staff. The main benefit is that within a 10 minute stroll you can be in a great restaurant on International Drive or pick up the I-ride shuttle that runs the length of International Drive. No need to drink and drive, either walk or get the bus and have a good time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Got the room for a STEAL through Priceline, which I am glad because I feel the posted rates are far too high for the quality of the rooms. Had I paid the advertised rates, I would have been extremely disappointed.

I had a nice room, which was spacious for the most part and more importantly, clean. I lucked up and got a King size bed and it was extremely comfortable. The only real negative about the room itself is it was an "adjoining room," and which is common with these types of rooms, I could hear the noise from the guests in the next room (and their conversation was very clear and audible).

My bathroom was fairly spacious (I had a handicapped room with a roll in shower). It was clean and stocked with plenty of towels, etc.

The hotel gives you an option to valet or self park. Self park is $7 less per night, however, it is rather inconvenient in that you park in a deck at the rear of hotel, and it is a three to five minute walk (depending on your pace). When I arrived, I explained to the young man that I did not intend to valet, but rather just wanted to check in and self park, and he directed me to the deck. To have to lug two pieces of luggage through the hotel (at some distance), was rather inconvenient. I found out the following day that guests with handicapped placards can valet at no charge, so insure you have your placard hanging.

On my night of arrival, I tried calling room service beginning at 10:30pm, in which I kept getting a busy signal. I tried calling the hotel operator around 10:50pm explaining that I kept getting a busy signal, and she rang me through (only to get voice mail). I tried direct dialing again, only to get a busy signal again, so I tried the hotel operator again, who at 10:55pm that I would not be able to get room service because they close at 11:00pm (which is also the posted hours in the room service menu) and because they were already cleaning up, they were not taking room service calls.

If you have business at the convention center, this is a great location. It is about .5 miles from the hotel to restaurants and shopping (there is very little adjacent to the hotel, but the hotel has some restaurants inside).

WiFi is free, but extremely slow during peak times. I awakened at 5:45am to complete my work, and the wireless worked just fine (and had rapid upload and download times, etc.). Yet the night before, it was EXTREMELY slow.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not an "adjoining room" so you do no have the noise of your guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank carolinasunshine13
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First of all, after a 7 hour drive, we dealt with a valet that was rude, arrogant, and definitely lacking in the customer service department. He demanded that either my husband or I stay with our luggage and one of us park our vehicle. We finally got to our room and it was absolutely like a furnace and never got better the first night. We departed for Kennedy Space Center thinking someone would have definitely taken care of the requested issue to find no one had even attempted. We were told that the air conditioner was motion activated-REALLY????????????? You have got to be kidding.
We basically had to beg for towels and housekeeping to clean our room during our 4 day stay. I needed some packs of coffee and was told they would be sent up. Four hours later-no coffee and tired from our day's adventure, called down THREE times to request it-finally someone came and brought it after 11 p.m.
The only good thing was the hotel did have a huge pool and some hot tubs for my kids to play in and we were out most of the time, but I would never recommend this hotel for any reason. Do not be fooled by the glorious pictures displayed on the internet. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I am being generous in even giving them a 1 in overall rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chelen S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Got this place on Hot-wire for a steal compared to posted rates. The service was above par from check in to check out. Great Pool area with lots of room to spread out. Multiple food choices with nice quality and value for every budget. Self parking was a long walk at times but exercise never hurts.Room was ultra clean and very comfortable beds with great maid service.Will be a repeat customer here, no doubt. Also great location,close to all attractions, off site restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Rosen Center is an OK place. The rooms are fine, the pool's pretty good, the "restaurants" in the lobby are arguably a bad value for money but at least they won't kill you. There's a tiny exercise room too, good luck finding it. The place is typical of an average full service chain hotel, nothing special, but it's certainly acceptable. One of my colleagues stayed at the Peabody, which was a fair bit nicer. I'll be there next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo