3,299 results
All reviewsconvention centerred's delieverglades restaurantinternational driveself parkingred lobsterattending a conferencepointe orlandolarge hoteltrade showconvenience storehigh floorlobby barmini fridgelarge poolsea worldpool area is
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Got the room for a STEAL through Priceline, which I am glad because I feel the posted rates are far too high for the quality of the rooms. Had I paid the advertised rates, I would have been extremely disappointed.

I had a nice room, which was spacious for the most part and more importantly, clean. I lucked up and got a King size bed and it was extremely comfortable. The only real negative about the room itself is it was an "adjoining room," and which is common with these types of rooms, I could hear the noise from the guests in the next room (and their conversation was very clear and audible).

My bathroom was fairly spacious (I had a handicapped room with a roll in shower). It was clean and stocked with plenty of towels, etc.

The hotel gives you an option to valet or self park. Self park is $7 less per night, however, it is rather inconvenient in that you park in a deck at the rear of hotel, and it is a three to five minute walk (depending on your pace). When I arrived, I explained to the young man that I did not intend to valet, but rather just wanted to check in and self park, and he directed me to the deck. To have to lug two pieces of luggage through the hotel (at some distance), was rather inconvenient. I found out the following day that guests with handicapped placards can valet at no charge, so insure you have your placard hanging.

On my night of arrival, I tried calling room service beginning at 10:30pm, in which I kept getting a busy signal. I tried calling the hotel operator around 10:50pm explaining that I kept getting a busy signal, and she rang me through (only to get voice mail). I tried direct dialing again, only to get a busy signal again, so I tried the hotel operator again, who at 10:55pm that I would not be able to get room service because they close at 11:00pm (which is also the posted hours in the room service menu) and because they were already cleaning up, they were not taking room service calls.

If you have business at the convention center, this is a great location. It is about .5 miles from the hotel to restaurants and shopping (there is very little adjacent to the hotel, but the hotel has some restaurants inside).

WiFi is free, but extremely slow during peak times. I awakened at 5:45am to complete my work, and the wireless worked just fine (and had rapid upload and download times, etc.). Yet the night before, it was EXTREMELY slow.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not an "adjoining room" so you do no have the noise of your guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank carolinasunshine13
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First of all, after a 7 hour drive, we dealt with a valet that was rude, arrogant, and definitely lacking in the customer service department. He demanded that either my husband or I stay with our luggage and one of us park our vehicle. We finally got to our room and it was absolutely like a furnace and never got better the first night. We departed for Kennedy Space Center thinking someone would have definitely taken care of the requested issue to find no one had even attempted. We were told that the air conditioner was motion activated-REALLY????????????? You have got to be kidding.
We basically had to beg for towels and housekeeping to clean our room during our 4 day stay. I needed some packs of coffee and was told they would be sent up. Four hours later-no coffee and tired from our day's adventure, called down THREE times to request it-finally someone came and brought it after 11 p.m.
The only good thing was the hotel did have a huge pool and some hot tubs for my kids to play in and we were out most of the time, but I would never recommend this hotel for any reason. Do not be fooled by the glorious pictures displayed on the internet. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I am being generous in even giving them a 1 in overall rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chelen S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Got this place on Hot-wire for a steal compared to posted rates. The service was above par from check in to check out. Great Pool area with lots of room to spread out. Multiple food choices with nice quality and value for every budget. Self parking was a long walk at times but exercise never hurts.Room was ultra clean and very comfortable beds with great maid service.Will be a repeat customer here, no doubt. Also great location,close to all attractions, off site restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Rosen Center is an OK place. The rooms are fine, the pool's pretty good, the "restaurants" in the lobby are arguably a bad value for money but at least they won't kill you. There's a tiny exercise room too, good luck finding it. The place is typical of an average full service chain hotel, nothing special, but it's certainly acceptable. One of my colleagues stayed at the Peabody, which was a fair bit nicer. I'll be there next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Genetically_modified
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We ended up getting walked from another one of Rosen`s Properties due to overbooking on OCT 12-14. We made out on this one because of the cost of the other Hotel was carried over for the two nights we stayed and was at lot less then the Centre rack rate. Check in was not a problem and the front desk was friendly and helpful with our questions. The Centre is your typical convention style hotel ( traveling with cheerleading we have stayed in our share along the east coast) . The Centre is huge to say the least.. lots of walking area ,swimming,eating and bar areas to choose from. the kids made use of the pool ,but during the day we spent time at the parks and dropped right off to sleep at night so we did not see much of the Hotel . what I can tell you is that I loved the shuttle for the parks. They do run limited and you have to reserve a seat on them . The shuttle makes stops at a couple of Rosen`s other properties so space is limited. Rooms were nice and clean no issues there. I did not bring any computers this trip so I do not know about the WiFi.. I was on the 8th floor and my phone internet worked just fine. I loved the fact that I was able to order up a SUV car service for a flat rate instead of a Taxi to take us to our next hotel . This help tremendously and the driver was courteous and friendly . over all we had a great stay and The Centre is located on International Dr. so it is close to everything including the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family