“Artifacts from the Ocean floor”

Titanic The Experience
$14.99*
In the City Discount Card: Orlando
Ranked #15 of 106 Tours in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest Permanant Titanic Attraction in the World.
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a well-constructed, nicely presented exhibit of all things Titanic. There are genuine pieces (ranging from faucets and floor tiles to buttons and jewelry) salvaged from the wreck throughout. Most of these are displayed side-by-side with pieces from sister ships or other period objects to flesh out the cases, but it is tastefully (and artfully) done. For shipwreck afficianados or Titanic enthusiasts, it's a must. Others might find it boring or see these items retrieved from a depth of over 12,000 feet as "a bunch of old junk", but we found it thoroughly fascinating. Sadly, the attraction seemed a bit short-staffed and we would have had to wait two hours for a guided tour so we did the self-guided. Many of the rooms look like theatrical sets and the rack card gives the impression that costumed characters appear to tell portions of the story during these presentations so we couldn't help wondering what we missed. $20+ per person is steep for a museum exhibit, but some of the pieces (particularly a 2-ton section of the hull suspended on huge chains) were so spectacular and unique I shouldn't really complain. Where else can you see genuine artifacts from the most famous shipwreck in history? Oh...no photos allowed, which is understandable but I would have at least liked the opportunity to purchase an exhibit guide with some of the text and photos of the things we saw. Unlike other guests, I found the gift shop disappointing. I guess last year (100th Anniversary) it was likely better stocked and better staffed. Still enjoyable overall.

2  Thank MysteriousIslander
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

More than expected - our tour guide made us feel like we were really there and part of the event.
Very well done and educational - an excellent presentation - a must see and great value for the money - well stocked and reasonable gift shop! Wonderful employees and very handicap friendly
Don't miss this ! It is done on a Disney level ! Look for discount coupons in the travel guide books available around Orlando !

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, in period dress, guides make you feel part of this tragic event. Seeing actual artifacts add much to the tour. Very worthwhile exhibit.

1  Thank Americangirl52
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went here one evening during our visit to Orlando. Having visited the Titanic museum in Belfast our expectations were quite high and as a result we were hugely disappointed. The items on show were minimal.
We partook in the meal and the food was cold and a little unappetizing. The "performers" were a little much whilst we were eating as they hovered over the tables and struck up conversations whilst we were mid mouthful.
the Highlight of the tour was actually on the way out when we were able to pass by an actual piece of the Titanic Wreck,my son is an absolute enthusiast and was really keen on this.
I think that there is potential here but it is poorly laid/thought out.
I am glad that we did it though I am pretty sure that we are in no rush to return here given the extensive competition it has in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited this attraction with my family as my 9year old is very interested in the titanic history. We just walked in off the street and we were lucky enough that a tour was just starting. We were given boarding passes and told at the end of the tour we could check whether survived or not, we were led through and introduced to our guide who was playing a character, he was a baker but I can't remember his name. We were shown various rooms and given an explanation to each room we were free to ask as many questions as we wished, the guide was very informative. After the tour we were allowed back in ourselves to have another look and we could stay as long as we wished. My son enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank Joanne M