“"Prepare to be dissapointed"”

Titanic The Experience
$14.99*
In the City Discount Card: Orlando
Ranked #16 of 105 Tours in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest Permanant Titanic Attraction in the World.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having scoured lots of reviews etc, we knew the Titanic dinner experience was likely to be over priced, especially as there were 5 in our party, but on balance decided to take the plunge on this Titanic experience. Unlike all the other dinner shows we could not find any of the usual discount coupons that can usually be had, even the official ticket offices didn't have this event for sale. After 3 phone calls and 2 visits to the actual ticket desk at the venue, they finally cracked and gave us the $10 Florida Residence discount.

As for the dinner experience itself, several staff in various costume set about rushing us through the evening at an annoying pace, especially the Tour that followed the dinner. The dinner itself comprised of a starter of limp and lettuces and tomato, a reasonable (but cold) entree of Beef, chicken, roasters and greens covered in a sauce. Obviously cooked much earlier off site and delivered to the venue. The dessert was a piece of the Captains birthday cake plonked on a side plate! If the dining room was at least made to be like a dining room on the Titanic it would have gone an awful long way to setting the scene and recreating the ambiance of the experience, but instead we dined in what looks like a sterile canteen complete with hard floor and exit signs. Not a single piece of white star crockery in sight!

The actors made an effort to entertain, but all too often the Irish and English accents gave way to their local American tongue. The quality of the photo's on the grand staircase were extremely poor quality and certainly not worth the $25 for one photo.

The tour experience itself contained a lot of interesting artifacts etc, but the reenactment of that fatal evening was the biggest disappointing of all. More effort could have gone into setting the scene with some minor special effects, but instead we were rushed through from one room to another to hear a few dislocated recitals about that night. The back of the group didn't even get enough time to enter the rooms before the actors started to speak to the group. The finale and summing up was made to the audio back drop of the X-factor signature tune which ensured the overall satisfaction of the experience was completely killed off. At this point we at least expected to hear the creaking of the breaking ship etc.

This experience is priced as per the usual dinner shows but fails to deliver the satisfaction of a great evenings entertainment, is over priced and rushed.

1  Thank dougshipsey
There are newer reviews for Titanic The Experience

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The tour was to start at 3 PM, we got there 5 min after it started 15 min after. Had a $2 coupon, $19 each. The tour lasted a total of 1 hour. We had a woman tour guide dressed in old fashion, she was French and it was a poor french accent. Jokes were dumb and we only had the one tour guide, Most of the artifacts were not off the Titanic but from two sister ships that did not sink. For my $20 bucks I learned that one of the smoke stacks was a dummy and that 3rd class had to bring their own food to last them 4 weeks. There, now you don't have to go.

They had several rooms that they took you to, gangplank, boilerroom, telegraph room, rooms with plates and glassware that may have been how the dining area could have looked like, outside in the dark on the deck area, and the exit had the list of names of the passengers and a make shift iceburg and an area and a couple of non-discript rooms.

It would have seem a better tour if they did a 15 - 20 minute movie on it instead of the corny tour guides.

The fee is too much for what they offered, 5-7 dollars and I would not have written this review, but $21??? No I do not recommend. My husband tought the same as me,

5  Thank TwinksBurlington_WI
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the tour led by a guy in character as an Irish passenger assigned to third class. The tour made all the books and movies about the voyage more personal. I was amazed at how accurately the James Cameron movie portrayed the event start to finish (minus the love story of Jack and Rose). Who knew there really was a car in the storage "hold?" The tour helps you understand why there were so few survivers, as well as how remarkable it was that there were survivors! After the guided tour, we enjoyed walking back through the exhibit to spend more time looking at the artifacts. Go online and get the coupon before paying full price!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Where were all the staff... I counted 2! One old English guy in the desk who looked like he'd just popped-in to help out and the tour guide who was slick, professional and pleasant but mildly irritating with her lame jokes. Basically the promo video gives the indication of actors playing out scenes and narrating. But I think hard times has meant cutbacks. It's now basically a big building that feels sparse and lifeless, like a shop about to close-down but without the buzz. That said, I'm still glad I went as there are quite a few real artefacts from the site including a large chunk of the hull plus the room sets are good and the facts told are interesting. In fairness, for the price it's OK for a visit. Just don't expect much.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The artifacts were great (pretty normal Titanic stuff though, so if you've been to other themed museums you know what you are going to see- the most unique thing was the large piece of the wreckage they have), and the tour guides were great too. Especially the woman, whose name I wish I could remember, that played a character whose whole family died during the sinking. I nearly cried for her, so she did a fantastic job with her role.

I would have given this place 4 stars, except that I also took the ghost tour. Maybe it was because it was also a press event, but it was a terrible tour. First off, they oversold it, and there were about 50 people crammed together in each room. Instead of using the many guides they had and staggering the groups to make it more comfortable, they had 4 people giving the one tour + 50 guests. I could rarely see what they were talking about and sometimes couldn't even it hear them. Then, the tour was extremely long, because it took about 10-15 to enter each new room. After the time it took for all 50 or so people to finally pile shoulder to shoulder into a room, we then needed to listen to another few minutes of first; "is that everyone?" then "please quiet down so everyone can hear!" and then, of course "we are so sorry that it's so crowded". It was awful. I always left the crowded rooms as soon as the guides opened the door, just to be in a room where I could have some personal space for a few minutes. And really, about half way through the tour, I was waiting impatiently for the thing to just end already so I could be free. Feeling trapped is not fun (and there is no turning back to leave because they lock the doors to each room once you leave it). Also, the stories themselves were mostly boring, though there were one or two interesting ones. I might have liked them more if I wasn't actively uncomfortable because of the conditions (it was also freezing cold in several rooms- which was a nice addition to the regular tour, but less fun when you were forced to stand directly under cold blasts of air from vents for an half hour). Shame on them for overbooking like that. Seriously, if I wasn't so shy and also so eager to leave the building I might have complained directly to management. I'm sure they knew how many tickets they sold and it was obvious that there were far too many people on that tour, so hopefully all those apologies meant that they are never going to make the same mistake.

I'm almost tempted to go lower the rating to a 2 because writing this has reminded me about how I fled from the museum by the time my visit was over...

2  Thank Obikitty