“Que rico!”
Review of Agave Azul

Agave Azul
Reserve with OpenTable
Agave Azul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Orlando food scene can be quite inauspicious, but sometimes it surprises you and this was one nice revelation.
We went out with expectations pertinent to the area and notably got a tantalizing diner.

It did not start too well with the drinks; although on the drinks' list, the top two Mexican beers that we favor were not available. We had to indulge.

Then we slightly scowl at the chips and salsa, too "store bought" tasting.
As we were about to resign ourselves to another typical outing, we were pleasantly astonished by the tasty, authentic and delicious Guacamole Fresco and Questo Fundido with chorizo wrapped in warm flour tortillas.

It got better and better with the entrees, Tacos Carne Asada, succulent and tender bits of meat lolling on hand made genuine corn tortilla, onion, cilantro, a delicious aioli and it was garnished with charred beans. The other entree was a perfectly prepared Steak Mexicano, with sauteed strips of rib-eye steak, onion, tomatoes and jalapenos accompanied though by rather inconspicuous refried beans and rice.

"Patchy: decor, loud and although occupying a large space, it is cramped.

It should be a 3.75 going towards the 4 points which we will eagerly look forward to; we will add Agave Azul to our (short) Orlando's restaurant list, worth the 30 minutes drive.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My sister and I went here while on vacation. Growing up on homemade Mexican food, we have high expectations and this place did not disappoint! The Mole tamale and salsa Verde chicken enchilada were wonderful. The guacamole fresca was very tasty. Pork carnitas melted in your mouth. By far one of the best if not the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My Husband and I have been to this establishment several times and always enjoyed our experience. Tonight was very different. We called ahead to order togo because we felt like staying inside and watching a movie. We called approximately 25 minutes prior to arriving.

Once we arrived it was busy as usual. We walk up to the front to pick up our order. The hostess, a blond young lady greeted us and asked what we ordered. My husband told her his name and she replied "We don't take names" although it was provided on the phone. We looked at each other in a daze, kind of confused. We didn't remember our order verbatim but we did the best we could to ramble off what we thought we ordered. We saw a bag of food sitting on the counter of the hostess table but never was it checked to see if it was ours. She told us to sit at the bar while we waited.

I thought this seemed strange but I stood next to the bar and watched her NOT ONCE call for our food or walk to the back to check if it was ready. She continued to seat guest and mark off table numbers as if we were not even there. A few workers came up to close their tabs while she continued to seat guess. I felt like this was very odd and to stop myself from saying something I'd later regret I stepped out for some fresh air.

After 7-8 minutes of waiting and nothing my husband asked one of the servers if he could see if the bag of food sitting on the counter was ours, by this time I had just walked back in. The server, a polite hispanic gentleman opened the bad and confirmed that it was our food. I was furious by now. I looked up and said "So this was our food the entire time?" The host without a care simply asked "what's the problem?" I was so furious I walk out, but not before my Husband spoke to the manager.

My Husband asked the server that helped up confirm that our food as on the counter to speak with the manager. The hostess continued to interject by asking my husband "What is the problem?". My husband politely to her that his request was to speak with the manager. The manager came and my husband expressed our problem. The manager apologize but offered nothing for the blatant and in my opinion RACEST behavior exhilarated by the the host.

By the time we got home the fajita nachos that I ordered were soggy and cold. I ended up throwing nearly all of it away. We paid over $20.00 for cheese nachos, chicken casadias, and Fajita nachos.

We are educated African-American Professionals. We did not deserve the treatment we received at this establishment and will NOT return. We will inform our family and friends that until action is taken against the young lady who blatantly and rudely disrespected us is removed from the establishment.

2  Thank ReteshaAndKene
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Last Sunday my boyfriend and I visited for the first time Agave Azul. Let me start by saying that the food and service were excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with the recommendations that he offered us. He suggested the Flank Steak and the fish tacos, they were delicious! He also suggested the Margaritas which were really fresh and had an exquisite taste! I recommend that you go with family and friends, you will have a great time. Good atmosphere, good music, good food and great service! If you go to Agave Azul ask for Luis, excellent service! We will return!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

A friend suggested this place, since he knew we liked Mexican food, but this is not your usual Mexican restaurant. The menu is extensive and interesting. I had the Camarones a la Diabla, my husband had Carnitas, and our friends had several kinds of tacos. The food is beautifully presented in reasonable portions, and everyone agreed that all of it was VERY good. The salsa could have been a little spicier for my taste, and I think that was the only criticism I had. My husband's margarita was the strangest shade of artificial green, but it tasted great. In a town where I've only had mediocre and overpriced food in the past, this was a delightful surprise.