“Average mexican food at best”
Review of Agave Azul

Agave Azul
Ranked #65 of 4,083 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I eat at a lot of Mexican restaurants throughout the US, and here the food was average at best, maybe I am being generous with 3 stars. The good news was that I did not get sick from eating there. Both the nachos and the street tacos I ate were below the temperature you would expect, so that affected the taste. The ground beef in the nachos lacked any real flavor and the cheese was partially melted, almost like it was put in the microwave rather than in a real oven. I ordered the street tacos, they looked really good, but they were cold and had a gritty texture, almost like there was sand in the meat. The Margarita was pretty good, but I guess that you could better classify this as a place to get a good drink but go somewhere else for the good food. I was not impressed.

1  Thank 1travel4fun

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I have visited Agave since it's grand opening. I will say that a lot of the staff that opened the restaurant are still there. That is an amazing thing in Orlando. The food is authentic, fresh and delicious. There are lunch and drink specials that really make it a great value. However, if you choose to sit outside, make sure you get one of the experienced waiters. My daughter and I were ignored for almost an hour by our female server. We saw her go to her car, to Chic fil a and just bop about as if we didn't exist. When she came back, she said the thought we had left. Yet we hadn't paid the bill. Hmm?

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We visited Agave Azul thinking that it will turn out to be an expensive restaurant based on its Zagat rating. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the bill. The food is great, especially the sour cream that came with the chips. This is the first time I had sour cream with tortillas in a Mexican restaurant. I had Chicken Fajitas, with a lot of chicken. The server was pleasant. The margarita was potent. Overall, a very good experience and I may visit this place again on my subsequent trips to Orlando.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my 3rd visit to this place service is non-existant, waiters are impatient, drinks are watered down you get more ice than anything else. We ordered a pitcher of the Patron margarita, the menu says $23.00 for a pitcher, they actually charged us $40.00 for the drink when we questioned the manager wouldn't addresss issue couldn' t show me where on the menu it said each type of margarita was different, they all have the same price by the glass $9.99. The food comes out cold only place that brings you cold fajitas!

People don't waist your $$ .

Reviewed November 6, 2012

$21.55, including tax but no tip, bought two lunches and one delicious margarita. They offer a pick two items for lunch so we tried the enchiladas and chili rellenos. Each includes rice and beans with chips and salsa. The food was tasty and fresh and so was the drink. Reviews here comment on the interior blue décor. Hey, this is Orlando, home of Disney, Universal and Sea World so why can’t a Mexican restaurant be a little non-themed? Enjoy the find, we’ll be back.