“Birthday Celebration” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnnie's Hideaway

Johnnie's Hideaway
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnnie's Hideaway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Cross street: Crossroads Shopping Center
Description: Johnnie's Hideaway is created in the image of time honored Florida flavors with emphasis on Floribbean coastal cuisine, serving hand cut dry aged steaks, prime seafood and an extensive raw bar featuring Florida stone crab claws. Johnnie's unique tableside cart service along with an award winning wine list can be enjoyed inside surrounded by authentic Florida Highwayman art or lakeside on the tiki deck.
Spring, Texas
“Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I were in Disney World with our son, daughter-in-law & grandson for Thanksgiving and to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday. The concierge at our hotel recommended Johnnie's and we had a wonderful evening. All of us enjoyed our meals - steak, shrimp and yummy lobster mac 'n cheese. Our waiter was very attentive and entertaining as well. We did bring a bottle of our own wine and the corkage was waived as a birthday gift :)

• Visited November 2013

• Czech first
Saint Cloud, Florida
“over exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I with 3 other friends dined at Johnnies Hideaway during a week night . Our experience over exceeded our expectations ! From the excellent service to the quality of our meal , every element was superior. Four of our party ordered steak, that melted in our mouths. My husband ordered Atlantis King salmon that was baked to perfection. We all finished the evening with divine key lime pie and a delicate pineapple cake. Yummo ! I can not wait to go back . Next visit will be to enjoy a meal with the outside ambiance by the fire pit .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Worst restaurant I've ever visited in Orlando, FL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The worst swordfish I've ever eat. I live in an island where you can eat fresh fish everywhere. That "swordfish" had a jellysh texture and terrble flavor as well as the other four people in my party who had it also. The fried calamari we had for appetizer were tiny greasy/oily pieces of calamari. I ordered a house salad which the waitress brought with small shrimps on top without asking if anyone was allergic to shrimps. As soon as I told her she picked up my plate and in less than 10 seconds I had the salad "without shrimps" back in the table. We all had the feeling she just took off the shrimps and gave me the same salad, which of course I did not eat. The tuna steak other party members ordered were terribly presented on top of the same salad everyone had had for second course. Finally, we left our tablet in a chair, and when we came back for it, the same night, in less than half hour, it was not there as well as the waitress who attended us. We called the next day to recover our tablet, but unfortunately it got disapeared.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Difoodie
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great f A great balance of quality and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We wanted a great meal for our date night in Orlando and could not ask for a better place then Johnnies hideaway. We had a great server that was attentive to my wife's every need. The atmosphere, food and service made this a special night

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Last night my husband and I ate at Johnnie's Hideaway and it was wonderful. My husband ordered fried oysters. He said that they were absolutely the best fried oysters he's ever had and he orders them quite often when we are out to dinner. I felt like shrimp and ordered the fried shrimp. They were great. The breading was light and did not overpower the taste of the very fresh shrimp. Next time we visit Orlando I will certainly order their steak or their macadamia encrusted fish. I bet my husband will order the oysters again! Our waitress, Linda, was fabulous. I will ask for her again.