“Great food, great service, great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnnie's Hideaway

Johnnie's Hideaway
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnnie's Hideaway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Cross street: Crossroads Shopping Center
Description: Johnnie's Hideaway is created in the image of time honored Florida flavors with emphasis on Floribbean coastal cuisine, serving hand cut dry aged steaks, prime seafood and an extensive raw bar featuring Florida stone crab claws. Johnnie's unique tableside cart service along with an award winning wine list can be enjoyed inside surrounded by authentic Florida Highwayman art or lakeside on the tiki deck.
“Great food, great service, great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

After hearing about johnnie's hideaway from a co-worker at work, I decided to take my family there when they came to visit me! It was great! We had drinks at the bar while we waited for our table, and the drinks were delicious! Then we sat down and our server greater us in a great and professional manner and explained the dinner special. I had the salmon and loved it and the rest of my family was happy with their meals. :) recommend johnnie's for a nice dinner!

• Visited November 2013

• Czech first
Orlando, Florida
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have eaten at Johnnie's Hideaway several times and each time the meal and service were perfect. I have food allergies, so I ask a lot of questions. The servers were patient with me, informative and gave me suggestions. Each time I visited, the server checked back with me after the food was served. A manager also came by the table to check on our party.

The salmon was cooked perfectly and the dessert was fabulous. I intend to go back regularly.

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“exceptional service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

we have visited Johnnie's before and had a fantastic dining experience. So we certainly were not surprised. But the service continues to be exceptional ... solicitous without being overbearing. And the food was exceptional once again. Two of us had steak and two of us had seafood. Everyone came away pleased.

I have frequented hundreds of restaurants throughout Florida and Johnnie's is easily among the top 10. I have recommended it to many and will continue to do so. Keep it up! It is deeply appreciated!

• Visited October 2013
orlando
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Our visit to Johnnies Hideaway was one we'll never forget. We come to Orlando every year for our wedding anniversary. Our concierge recommended we try Johnnies for dinner after asking for a place to dine outside the hotel. It was a disaster!

Our server must have been having a bad day, which made our experience very uncomfortable. She just "took our order" after taking the time to talk the specials to her other table. When we asked her if there were any specials, she just pointed at the upper corner of the menu. So we just awkwardly ordered. My wife got the salmon which had a disgusting topping on it that we were not made aware of, and it was cold raw in the center. My lobster tails were mushy and smelled of ammonia! It took our waitress 15 minutes to check on us after someone just dropped the food off and ran. She sighed under her apology and took the disgusting over priced dishes off the table. We just asked for our check paid it and left. No manager visited our table or anything. We ended up going to the Red Lobster across the way. What a disapointment.

We should have payed attention to the reviews on here. What a tourist trap. We don't want to mention any names, but we will be addressing the corporate office with our complaint. We can understand the food being off, but the rudeness of that waitress ruined our anniversary dinner. What a shame!!!

4 Thank cityslicker159
Pt. Pleasant NJ
“Fabulous food;FUN night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just returned from a week in Orlando-we wanted to try stone crabs for the first time. Johnny's Hideaway was recommended and it was one of the best dining experiences in our travels. I worked as a chef for 22 yrs and I can be a harsh critic. Right off the bat we appreciated the valet parking after spending 1 hr. plus in traffic as the area is very congested. Secondly, the complimentary amuse bouche was a lovely and delicious touch. The stone crab exceeded our expectations but the evening would not have been the same without our wonderfully fun waitress Linda(from NY). She had a GREAT personality and an uncanny ability to anticipate our every need. The drink and dessert sizes were huge- if you don't have room for dessert please take home a piece of the coconut/pineapple cake-5 layers-I ate it for the next 4 days!!

• Visited October 2013