“Good Food - Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnnie's Hideaway

Johnnie's Hideaway
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnnie's Hideaway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,726 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Cross street: Crossroads Shopping Center
Description: Johnnie's Hideaway is created in the image of time honored Florida flavors with emphasis on Floribbean coastal cuisine, serving hand cut dry aged steaks, prime seafood and an extensive raw bar featuring Florida stone crab claws. Johnnie's unique tableside cart service along with an award winning wine list can be enjoyed inside surrounded by authentic Florida Highwayman art or lakeside on the tiki deck.
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Good Food - Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by a staff member at our hotel. The food was excellent, large portions, very satisfying and prepared to excellence. The service personnel were very attentive. Albeit a bit pricey, I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
Sarasota
“Great Food, Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I ate at Johnny's Hideaway over 3 years ago and have wanted to go back sine then. Wehad the opportunity this weekend since we spent a long weekend in Orlando. The food was even better than I remember. We shared an appetizer of the shrimp and lobster fritters. They were scrumptious. For dinner - I had the long bone ribeye and my husband had grilled scallops. Both meals were prepared to perfection and absolutely delicious. Can't forget the fire and ice pickles that come with all meals. That is one of the main reasons that we wanted to go back to the restaurant. They were as great as we remembered. We asked if they sell them "to go" and they don't, but our fabulous waiter told us how to make them. Johnnies isn't a cheap meal, but it is definitely worth every penny.

Florida
“Inconsistancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have visited this restaurant several times, but I think our last time was indeed the last time. The menu is very upscale pricing. For this price range, the expectations are , that you should receive superior service & food. That is not the case. The blackened Grouper we received last time was not even, by appearances, cooked. By tasting it, it definately was not cooked. This food never should have left the kitchen, and even so, the server never should have served this.
Unfortunatly, this is not our first unhappy experience, and although they are capable of living up to their pricing, they frequently do not. We probably will never go back The atmosphere is nice, and the service, like the food, is hit & miss. It is too pricey for hit & miss. It should always be good.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Looks can be deceiving”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Saw Johnnie’s while driving and it looked great. On walking in all the food specials looks great, along with the food at other people’s tables.
Unfortunately, we were disappointed. All of the food was average, and nothing spectacular. What really stands out was how bad our service was. We continually had to keep asking for items and almost seemed like we were a bother.
I would skip this place as there are better places for steaks and seafood for the price.

Visited May 2013
Ocala, Florida
“You can find a much better value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived about 6pm and got a seat quick, then it started to head down hill. I am not a rich man but I know a good steak. For $34 the 14 oz Filet was disappointing, My girlfriend ordered chef's lobster, for $36 and although the portions were generous the food was unimpressive. The best overall on our ticket was the Truffled Portabella Fries, which were tasty and offered a generous portion. The service was sub-par for any establishment, let alone one priced as such, and one sporting at least 5 waiters outside. I don't care how "aged" or "caramelized" I didn't think the flavor was that great, especially for how light it made my wallet. I don't know what the children's steak tasted like but at least she ate it. This is not an establishment I would suggest for the family. The selection is very limited. The name Johnnie's Hideway would suggest this is a retreat from the norm of sucking money from visitors, but it's obvious it is like all the other establishments that charge high prices for sub par food, and service just because you're on vacation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles