“Sex afender is the night watch man”
Review of HomeSuiteHome

HomeSuiteHome
Ranked #307 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Well my trip from ny was long and triering i got to motel at 10am and cheeked in and went to room to find unmade beds and roches went back to office and they gave me another room i toke shower and went to bed to wake up to nabors telling me to becareful and showed me pic of the night watch mans pic says that he was sex afender so i would not go to this motel

• Stayed: November 2011
8  Thank Smartwomen

Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was the closest hotel to where I was staying, and the price was a little more than I wanted to pay. The bad part is, the room had so much smoke residue, I could barely breathe in there, and smelled like smoke when I left. The carpet was so dirty that your feet would stick to it, and there were cockroaches. Real live cockroaches, brave enough to come out in the light. I didn't expect much, but this was way worse than I could have imagined.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank JennG42
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We had read the reviews but wanted to check for ourselves. We got the key to check out the room, and EW!
The elevator was dirty, there were two people smoking and drinking beer by the laundry "room" (a washer and dryer outside by the parking lot), the pool floor was covered in dirt, and the hot tub listed on their website had been filled with dirt and had a tree growing out of it (no, I'm not being sarcastic). When we opened the room, we couldn't stay for longer than a minute! It smelled so badly of mold that my mom almost threw up and my dad and I got headaches.
When we returned the key and shook our heads, the clerk gave a knowing laugh and waved goodbye to us, as if she knew that no sane person would stay there after seeing the room.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank holdthephoneplease
Reviewed December 14, 2008

This hotel is close to Downtown Orlando,Malls,and Disney Attractions. It is a good value for an EXTENDED STAY. I stayed there three weeks. Very cnvienient. David Kane (stayed there from11/29/08-12/20/08)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dsk2323
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I have been an extended stay resident at Home Suite Home Co lonial Dr. for 10 months.The staff are polite,courtious,and efficient. Housekeeping once washed all my linens after I was sick from a nasty flu virus.(if your here weekly housekeeping is once a week)I thought they beyond their normal duties. Front desk staff helped me get connected to internet when I had problems.I especially like the ceramic floor tiles due some allergies I have.Security is tremendous,they are on 7pm to 7am constantly walking the property.I once was cooking a hamburger that smoked up my room and left my door open,security walked by to make sure everything was OK,I was impressed.The hotel is convienant to grocery stores,fast food restarants,and shopping malls.I am able to do laundry right here on the property,they are clean and well kept.If your looking for an affordable,clean,centrally located extended stay hotel Home Suite Home Colonial Dr. is worth checking out.

Reviewed November 26, 2008

I needed an extended stay suite - 1 month - at an affordable price. HomeSuiteHome in Orlando, Fl. exceeded all of my expectations. It was very affordable, yet still managed to deliver professional quality one might expect at a much more expensive place.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed February 2, 2004

I booked my stay for this property their website. I did reconfirm my reservation via the 800 number, making sure my reservation was in effect, exactly what I had originally requested. I was assured that it was.

When we arrived at the hotel, about 11 p.m., the rate was quoted correctly and we were directed to our room. The room we were given was not what had been reserved so a change was immediately made.

From this beginning, I was not very satisfied with this hotel. The room was not too clean. (The first morning I cleaned the great amount of dust from the in-room hair dryer.)It was also quite run-down, not what the advertisement and photos on the website seemed to indicate ("2 million dollar renovation in 2000, All rooms renovated in 1999 and beautifully appointed, Refrigerator and Coffee Maker in every room")...renovation...I wonder where, not that I saw, old refrigerator sitting on the floor under the vanity, no coffee for the coffee maker our entire stay...told by person at desk that it had been "ordered"...

Housekeeping was substandard. I figured there must be shortage of washcloths because we received 2 only 1 day of stay...last day received none...Considering that there weren't many people staying at the place while we were there (Nov. 24-28, 2003), I couldn't quite figure that out. We also received the towels in a rather haphazard fashion...piled on the vanity. I thought I was then supposed to take them and put them where they belonged, just like at home.

Oh...the "continental breakfast"... tried it one morning...very uninspiring...danish, juice, coffee. I've stayed at many places with a "continental breakfast" and had a little more. Guess that should not have been expected.

The final part that has convinced me to never stay there again...When I went to checkout, the girl at the desk gave me my bill and it was the wrong rate. When I told her, she looked very surprised. I then showed her the printed confirmation I had received after making the web reservation. She asked if she could see it for a few minutes. It seemed that she went to speak to a manager and then came out to "adjust" the bill. (I was really surprised that a manager didn't come out personally to apologize or something. My error in assuming that courtesy would exist.) Instead of printing a new bill with the correct rate, she gave me a credit on the bill. By that time all I wanted to do was get out of there...never to return!!

It's not my usual way to go on and on but this was a very negative experience, especially considering that Travelodge is a company with a long history of having properties and personnel that want to please the traveler. Our stay in Burlington, VT during the summerof 2003 was a wonderful experience! I joined the membership program thinking that I would make future reservations. I do go to Orlando often, visiting family and friends. I am often asked by friends at home to recommend a place to stay. This is not a place I would recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2003