“Great as always!!!”

Ranked #178 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Pierce, FL
“Great as always!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

This is my third time staying at Lake Eve Resort, and I plan going there again. The rooms are very clean and spacious and we recieved maid service. I enjoyed our view from the 12th floor. Check-in was fast. My only knock on the hotel is the size of the parking lot. During peak season the lots gets full at night, but they are helpful in getting you parked. This hotel (from the higher floors) overlook Sea World, some of Downtown Disney, International Drive, you can also see Disney's Tower of Terror in the distance. This hotel is very quiet, even with a full house it always sounds like you're the only one on the floor. As far as people complaining about the water, to me that's a southeast thing. I was born and raised in Florida and have traveled to Georgia and the Carolinas several times. That's just the way the water smells. There is nothing any filtration or the hotel, for that matter, can do about it. The water tastes just like any other water, bottled water included. My grandmother has always told me its the minerals in the water.

If you choose not to go to Lake Eve Resort, that's just more availabilty for me!!!!

1 Thank PAdams626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Stayed in 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Suite at Lake Eve Resort from 4/4-4/10
The Good - Size- very nice layout and big enough for a family or group of 4-8. Everything is brand new and therfore very clearn (medicore cleaning staff discussed later)
The Average - Pool - Very nice heated pool with limited sun access...why would you build a resort in Florida that did not give your guests the ability to lay in the sun through out the day? Pool gets full sun for about 2 hours - we had to shift sides if we wanted to be in the sun. Cleaning staff - came by most days by 9am and if you asked them to come back they rarely did. They came back to change towels and clean our room 1 out of the 4 nights we asked them to do this and we never got clean sheets. On two of the days we came back to a very clean room with new towels, toiletries and clean dishes but, again no clean sheets.
The bad - Restaurant - words cannot describe, avoid at all costs. Noise - bring ear plugs, you can hear the sound of screeching chairs all day and night long. Called down to see what could be done and no one answered. We talked to the Manager the next day and she stated it would not happen again. Needless to say, in continued for the entire trip. Again our solution was to buy earplugs.
The absolute worst is the REQUIRED or as they say Complimentry Valet service. Very, Very, Very annoying. I know this sounds like a nice perk, but it s a huge hassle for most guests. You will find the non-required valet spots fill up very fast.
Overall, I would NOT recomended this hotel for anything but a cheap stay in central Florida. Given sometime I think this could be a great place to stay. However, for now if you must stay on international drive I wold recomended heading to a couple of the close by resorts (we toured a lot of them and they were very nice) and pay the additional dollars to avoid any headaches and stress on your trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ehawk81
Queens, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Online, the pictures are great & very inviting. However, the stay there for 5 nights was a nightmare. The first time i stayed there back in August of 09', I believe there was a different manager and staff, the only ones I remember are Summer & Maleeka. Both girls were and still are amazing, Maleeka you checked us both in and out and you were just so sweet and informative, and Summer was also very kind & helpful when getting us transportation. However, the housekeeping, & certain manager's were just nasty and so rude in personality that I am disgusted the owners would them as representatives of the hotel. When I complained about housekeeping, they were so blase about it all, and made me feel like it was nothing to complain about, they apparently offered another lady a reversal of her redort fees and didn't extend me the same courtesy - both Lee and another named Nina, it was unjust & we are never staying here again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank todgray25
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Pros: Location was perfect. In-room dining very reasonable. My kids enjoyed the pool. Plenty of space for a family of 6 in the 2 bedroom platinum. Rooms decorated like a model home with well appointed extras. Made us feel at home.

Cons: Stay on the 14th floor (the top floor) and the last room in the hall if you can; if not, then you'll hear noise every time someone moves their chair in the kitchen and dining room above you (the floors in the foyer, kitchen and dining room are tile). Outside noises can be heard a little more than I would like. Housekeeping was just ok. Not kept up to my standards, but I'm borderline OCD. They need more staff to help with check-in/out. Pay close attention to your statement at check-out; especially if you order in-room dining. They tacked on an extra $10 with no explanation but they removed it when I asked them about it without being rude. (Thank you)

Overall: I was pleased and would stay again in the near future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Love2Travel247
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

We had a wonderful experience at the Lake Eve Resort at the end of February, 2010. The rooms were large, beautifully decorated, and clean. Everything was modern, and obviously brand new. We got a good deal on the room booking through hotels.com.
The only downside was that it took us a few days to figure out how to turn on some of the electrical outlets--they were all tied to one of the light switches in the master bedroom. The other problem we had was parking. The parking lot is very small and the hotel is very large! They will try to encourage you to valet park, then when you wake up in the morning, you will very likely be blocked in. We like to drive ourselves, so my husband made sure that he parked our vehicle himself, and went down a few minutes early in the mornings to see if we had been blocked in, which we had not. But, there is definitely not enough parking spaces and I don't know where they would park you if the hotel were at capacity! We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. We did not eat at their restaraunt either. We very much enjoyed our stay and would stay again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wdwfan10
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had a great family vacation in Orlando. Lake Eve was outstanding, the room was spacious and comfortable. We, as well as the kids didn't want to part from the room, which really is a lovely apartment.
We're sorry we didn't come for a longer visit.

1 Thank israelifamily
Ebbw Vale,wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stayed in 2 bedroom suite booked through a UK travel agent good rate. Suite was spacious and very well equipped.
Very comfortable beds. Free Wi Fi worked well and was a real bonus. Very quiet. Lifts were fine despite 14 floors and the hotel being full.
On line shop very limited but nearby supermarket (Publix) with everything you could possibly need.
On site restaurant was barely acceptable for breakfast but fantastic range of eating places nearby.
Pool and hot tub was a hit with the kids.

1 Thank piglet095