“WOW it really is a upscale for value price”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #192 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We booked through an online travel site for about a hundred bucks a night. Our two bedroom unit is absolutely gorgeous. The resort is really nice. It may be the economy or it may just be a newer building / new management trying to get a customer base built, but I wouldnt expect these rates to stay this low very long. In fact there is one of those cheesy notices on the back of the door like in all hotels that says the rack rate is 359 a night. I would expect to pay twice what I paid for this room anywhere else in the Orlando area. Very nice will stay again!

1  Thank The_Waycasters
There are newer reviews for Lake Eve Resort

Reviewed August 17, 2009

We have stayed in many five star upscale hotels, and budget value as well. This was a great option for us, especially for the price. We traveled with our 2 young babies and grandparents, and we booked 2 rooms because I am big on space and privacy. In retrospect, we could have easily stayed in one room. The premium room we booked was on the 13th floor, had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding parks (nice for fireworks at night), and plenty of space. It had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 full bathrooms, and a pull out couch as well. The maid service is every 3rd day, its not everyday, but they did check on towels and make beds everyday. For the 119$ A night we paid, it was a very nice option and we would definitely recommend it. The restaurant was decent, and the pool was also very nice. If you are looking for upscale overall, you aren't going to get it in that price range, but the room was beautiful and spacious and more than we had hoped for, and we loved the easy 1 mile drive to Sea World area.

1  Thank ClanGFlorida
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Lake Eve Resort is a beautiful place to stay..My family (7 members) loved the rooms. We had 2 bedrooms, and the condo was plenty big!!! The rooms are decorated very nicely (granite, satina finish appliances, washer/dryer etc.). I had no major problems, however, upon arrival, I encountered a contentious situation. There was a family who had come in earlier that morning and were told that their room would be ready at 4:00 pm so they went shopping to waste time..When they got back, they were told that the current family in their room had decided to stay another night, and that there were no more 3 bedrooms available for the entire week. What!! How can the hotel let someone decide to stay if someone else had reservations months ago? The Lake Eve representative could only say that they could give the family an upgraded 2 bedroom condo. Although, she gave then an upgraded 2 bedroom, I still think that this is very unprofessional of the hotel to have such a policy. These were people from the Netherlands who were obviously very tired and just wanted what they had reserved. I could not help but think what if this had happened to me after driving 12 hrs considering I had originally wanted to reserve a 3 bedroom. I will also make a mention of when the rep gave me my keys she immediately ran to me outside at my car saying she needed to change them because there was someone still in the room...I certainly would not have wanted to walk in on another family, and I would not want anyone to walk in on me...All in all, we had a great time. The pool area is simple but nice. HOWEVER, Lake Eve's management has got to make some kind of change or they might end up getting a lawsuit for some of these issues which would be a total waste of, otherwise, such a beautiful hotel. Also, one last thing. I did see a restaurant, but I never really saw anyone eating in it, yet the hotel air always smelled like some sort of greasy food. It must have been coming from the rooms.

1  Thank mnaj24
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We booked a trip here for 7 days and ended up staying one more night we loved it so much!!! Our first experience with the staff was a young guy name Gio who helped us with our luggage (and we brought lots of it.) He was friendly and very pleasant. Gio was the best, he helped us with our groceries, greeted us everytime we saw him, and was the sweetest kid.

The rooms were beautiful and had just about everything we needed. Pots, pans, tupperware, flatware, dinnerware, cups, etc. Might want to bring your own sponge and dish soap. If not you can always use the dishwasher. Housekeeping will also do dishes for you! They do come every day.

The weekends seemed to get pretty booked around this time and the parking was full one night when we returned really late, like 4 am. We had to park in a fire lane, but we left our key at the front desk and they moved it for us in the morning. No big deal, they were great about it.

Also the pool bar was still not open as they are waiting for a licquor license. This was not an issue for us. We brought a cooler and stocked it with drinks and brought it down. Kept our bevarage expenses low, so it wan't a bad thing.

My sons brought their Xbox and there was no audio adaptor available so they had to play with no sound. Once again, wasn't an issue for me cause I rather not hear the niose anyway. :-)

They are new and are still working on some things but all in all we had a great experience, and I have no complaints. We do plan on going back if the rates stay reasonable.

If anyone from Lake Eve reads this, give Gio a raise. We were there for 8 days and he worked every single day, and he works hard. Oh and keep the pool open till 12am at least!!!!

1  Thank ytap
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just returned from a two week stay. The hotel was above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. The premises is spotless, pool is fantastic, houscleaning was spot on every day with a very pleasant staff. Front desk was always accomodating. There may have been some problems with the service in the past (As I have read in other reviews) but we had absolutely no issues. Proximity to theme parks is great as any park can be reached within 10 minutes. Access to food and shopping is also a hop skip away.

No need to hesitate...I hope to return often.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pforgione
Reviewed August 9, 2009

First the good:
Rooms were nice, clean, great location not too far from all the attractions. The pool was awsome. We got a good Grand Opening rate. Nice washer and dryer, awesome full fridge, and dish washer.

Now the Bad:
The hotel staff seemed clueless, not very professional. They seemed to know little about the facility. I asked for towels for the pool, and the lady at the fron deask said there's a bin full of them next to the pool. After looking for several minutes, I askerd her again and admitted she had never even seen the pool area and couldn't tell me where to get towels.

They upgraded my room for free to from a one bedroom suite to a 2 bedroom suite so our group could be close together.

To be fair, the staff seemed nice, but there was just a level of unprofessionalism that seemed very odd. We didn't know whether or not the laundry soap was free. The group in the room next to use got free soap the whole time, while I had to pay at the very small gift shop.

There were unruly guests at the pool when we stayed, and were even harassed by and spit on by them from their balcony. There were no hotel staff at the pool to keep things in control. The same kids made a terrible mess (feces) in the restroom.

When I notified the mamager, they had told me they had several complaints about them and that they were taking care of it. We left before I could tell if the problem was taken care of.

On another note, the chairs in the dining area make so much noise you can hear it from other rooms. All night long we could hear "screeeeech."

The water smells and tastes like sulfur. Made my clothes smell like sulfur after washing them. If you're gonna drink water, use the filtered water from the fridge.

The gist:
Buyer beware. If you're used to 5 star hotels, you'll be very dissapointed. If you're used to 2 star hotels, you might like it. Just know that the staff is a little clueless.

One more thng... If they tell you that you booked through a third party and they didn't tell you about the "extra charges" ... stand your ground and tell them you're not paying it! Worked for me!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank luv_my_passat
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed at the Lake Eve Resort from July 22-26. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The room was very spacious. One room included two queen size, COMFORTABLE beds while the master bedroom had a king sized bed. The master bedroom had a master bathroom with a jacuzzi, his/her sinks. We had no issues with the jacuzzi like other visitors. Everything in the room was clean except for the balcony (spider-webs on the railings). I slept in the living room on the pull out sofa bed. Even that was comfortable! There were 3 32-in flat screen tvs in the room (living room and both bedrooms).
The view we had of the lake was terrible. Since we were on the 5th floor of a 14 floor establishment, we saw the lake very close. It looked disgusting and there were many trees blocking the view of the rest of the lake. I'm sure that people from the top floors got a great view of the rest of the lake but we weren't as fortunate. There are fireworks from SeaWorld that are done every night. The trees blocked most of our view but we still got to see a few during our stay.
We did receive about 5 menus that were slipped under our door but it didn't bother us. The pool was okay, it could have been cleaner but it did the job. There is no lifeguard at the pool and it closed at 10pm. During our stay, the pool bar was not open. The washing machine in the room was VERY loud. The first time we used it, we thought that the machine was going to take off like a rocket. Other than that, it did the job (bring laundry detergent). We were also charged $8.44 per day for "resort fees" that we were not aware of earlier. The front desk seems a little understaffed since there was a line when checking in and out. The wi-fi access is free and a great connection. If you want to use the hotel computer, it is $2.95 for 15 minutes.
The hotel is about 4 minutes from SeaWorld and Aquatica and about 10-15 minutes from Universal Studios and Orlando International Airport. The hotel sign does not face the direction you will be coming from the airport. We drove past the hotel the first time we came. The hotel is right next to the Milleninum hotel resort so be sure to look for it! We did not eat at the restaurant on site. There is a great Thai restaurant near the hotel. Overall, our stay was great. The staff was more than friendly. They helped out with everything we needed. If your looking for a clean, spacious room for a great price, Lake Eve is a great pick.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family