“Great Stay, Would come again!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #178 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New York
“Great Stay, Would come again!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed at the Lake Eve Resort from July 22-26. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The room was very spacious. One room included two queen size, COMFORTABLE beds while the master bedroom had a king sized bed. The master bedroom had a master bathroom with a jacuzzi, his/her sinks. We had no issues with the jacuzzi like other visitors. Everything in the room was clean except for the balcony (spider-webs on the railings). I slept in the living room on the pull out sofa bed. Even that was comfortable! There were 3 32-in flat screen tvs in the room (living room and both bedrooms).
The view we had of the lake was terrible. Since we were on the 5th floor of a 14 floor establishment, we saw the lake very close. It looked disgusting and there were many trees blocking the view of the rest of the lake. I'm sure that people from the top floors got a great view of the rest of the lake but we weren't as fortunate. There are fireworks from SeaWorld that are done every night. The trees blocked most of our view but we still got to see a few during our stay.
We did receive about 5 menus that were slipped under our door but it didn't bother us. The pool was okay, it could have been cleaner but it did the job. There is no lifeguard at the pool and it closed at 10pm. During our stay, the pool bar was not open. The washing machine in the room was VERY loud. The first time we used it, we thought that the machine was going to take off like a rocket. Other than that, it did the job (bring laundry detergent). We were also charged $8.44 per day for "resort fees" that we were not aware of earlier. The front desk seems a little understaffed since there was a line when checking in and out. The wi-fi access is free and a great connection. If you want to use the hotel computer, it is $2.95 for 15 minutes.
The hotel is about 4 minutes from SeaWorld and Aquatica and about 10-15 minutes from Universal Studios and Orlando International Airport. The hotel sign does not face the direction you will be coming from the airport. We drove past the hotel the first time we came. The hotel is right next to the Milleninum hotel resort so be sure to look for it! We did not eat at the restaurant on site. There is a great Thai restaurant near the hotel. Overall, our stay was great. The staff was more than friendly. They helped out with everything we needed. If your looking for a clean, spacious room for a great price, Lake Eve is a great pick.

1 Thank gqmalu31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
northern ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

We went here for one night in a 1 bed apartment in July- 2 adults and 2 kids. Beautiful new aparthotel but obviously badly run. Had to wait for reception staff to finish their conversation before getting booked in but did get checked in early due to low occupancy. Lovely apartment with nice decor but a terrible smell hit us as soon as we entered. We eventually worked out that it was something rancid stuck in the garbage disposal and were able to clean it out. The toilet also had faeces stains so had not been cleaned properly so I had to clean it. The ice maker in the fridge freezer was totally blocked and my husband had to fix that.
We accepted all that as we were just staying for one night and went to the pool. The pool had been over-run by about 30 teenage kids who must have been part of a youth or tour group. There is no lifeguard at the pool and no-one from the hotel did anything about their antics which included jumping on eachother (3 man piggy backs) and throwing balls very hard which splashed/hit other residents. After less than 30minutes the pool had been cleared of all other residents, including us.
Facilities include free wi-fi and we got a good signal. Computer use is $2.95 for 15 mins. There is a breakfast for $6.95 but we didn't try it. There is supposed to be kid activities but we saw no evidence of that. In the time that we were there 3 flyers were slipped under our door. This suggests to me that security is lax as anyone can just walk into the hotel. There is free parking and 2 side front doors which mean people do not have to even pass the front desk and we saw no security at the gate or doors.
On check-out we were surprised to be charged $8.44 resort fee as we had booked through hotels.com and our booking said it included all tax and fees. When we pointed this out we were told we still had to pay. There was no mention of this on check-in. The overall cost for a one bedroom apartment was £75 and it was not worth it.

If it had been properly cleaned and rowdy guests managed appropriately it would have been a much better stay.

2 Thank aotni
imshocked2
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

What a beautiful facility - its being destroyed by poor management and incompetent staff. no remote in the bedroom ( found under the bed when we checked out- indicates less than thorough cleaning after previous guest). mold shot out of the jets on the tub, no toiletries in the guest bath, lights were burned out in bedroom and kitchen, wasp nests on the balcony, the restaraunt was closed because of low occupancy, next day the breakfast bar was opened but the food was horrible and OLD. Weeds growing out of the pool deck, On check in the desk staff were more interested in making fun of a guest after his telephone inquiry than they were in checking me in. Desk staff couuld not give a receipt because I booked through an outside website- even though they charged addl fees to my card. A boy spit from the balcony above onto my guest.
AND THIS IS THE SHORT LIST!!!!
Its very sad that such a beautiful facility is subject to problem employees. With just minimal effort, this place could be a 5 STAR Hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank imshocked2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

I am sooo happy ...this hotel more than I expected..very clean..quiet...good location...my kids just love it ...roomy...great pool ...great internet...smell good...I am nor going to find other hotel in orlando ...this will be my second home in Orlando ...you can book it ...100% sure ...I love ir ...I want to came back ...

San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

This hotel was just awesome!! It was such an awesome value. The rooms were very large. They had nice tvs, wonderful kitchen that was stocked, two bedrooms kept our family from fighting, and a nice dining room.

All of the complaints that past people had seem to have been solved.

The only complaint that we had, was that everyday we would come back with little fliers stuck under our door. Oh, and slow internet, but no biggie.

AWESOME HOTEL!!!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

I can't complain about anything our stay, really. The location was on the quiet end of International Drive, but still very convenient to all the attractions, including SeaWorld, which was just 2 miles away. The hotel was quiet, the pool was wonderful and the rooms are great. Something tells me this was meant to be condos and then at last minute they decided to change it to a hotel... which is great.

We had breakfast included with our room every day, and let me tell you, the breakfast was ok for being free, but I was won over by the nice lady that runs it every day. If you read this, I can't remember your name, but I will always remember how friendly you were to our family every day we were there. My two boys still talk about you and we've been home a couple weeks. I didn't like the lady that ran the weekend buffet... I think her name was Helen, though i'm certainly not 100% on that. I hope this restaurant is still there when we return next week, as is the lady who ran the breakfast. She told me it was in transition to a new owner or something like that. There are not enough guests in the hotel to keep the restaurant running as is, so they need to do something.

I can't complain about lack of staff, we never really needed anything. That was my main concern after reading all the reviews. First of all, the condo units are very well supplied with towels and there are in-room laundry facilities so there should be no need to request more towels, especially since they provide towels for the pool. Each and every day we had a maid at least knock on our door to see if we needed anything. If we weren't there they would come in and do a "light" cleaning. Every 3rd day we were there, they would come in and do a full cleaning.

The units were very clean, and everything was fresh. The view out the windows and doorwall were very nice overlooking the pool. Some people complain about the sun not being on the pool all day. I liked that fact. I had my 4 month old infant with us, so I preferred keeping her out of the sun during the day. We spent most of our time swimming in either the morning or after the sun was far enough down that the building shaded the pool. Also, if you are on in the left wing of the building, or the center left, you can easily see the SeaWorld fireworks each night. I'm not sure, but I bet you could see Disney's fireworks if you were on the other side. You can definitely hear them for sure!

I really hope they stay in business because I think things can only get better for them. I loved it! I can't wait to stay again!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Candid_Photographer
B'ham, Al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

We are had a wonderful stay at Lake Eve. We had a 3 bedroom suite and all the rooms had a view of the pool and lake. Our king sized bed was very comfortable. The master bathroom was gorgeous w/ large shower and jetted tub. Our 10 & 14 yo shared a bedroom w/ queen beds and my 23 yo stepson had the other king size bedroom. The kitchen was also nice. Only problem was that they had cheap pots and pans and food would stick to them. But each day the maid would clean the pots like brand new! I was very impressed. Also the hotel is easy access to the parks and Publix grocery store.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family