“Spacious rooms! Good location! Good value!”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #190 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Spacious rooms! Good location! Good value!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a wedding and had a blast! We got a 2 bedroom room for 2 couples and it came equipped with full kitchen, living and huge balcony overlooking pool area. While this is not in the heart of the tourist district and would require a car, it is very coincidently located to all major theme parks. Service was good but nothing to write home about. We do not own timeshare and didn't do a tour, we just booked the hotel online. If you don't want to do a tour, then don't sign up for one- they were not harnessing or even asking us to do one and had I not read other reviews I wouldn't even have known about it being a timeshare. Clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good at the hotel but over priced as most are. You are better off hitting up one of the zillion Starbucks within a few miles. Pool was simple and nice. Hot tub was great after a night of dancing at a wedding or after a long theme park day! Pool bar was great atmosphere and they even stayed open late for our party which was nice! Lots of families staying here for vaca as is typical for Orlando. Parking was easy, free and convenient. Beds were comfortable. Living room furniture was not as comfortable but was functional. Flat screen TVs in each room. HUGE master bathroom and great shower! Would def stay here again as value was very good!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

First let me tell you this was a time share type thing, my daughter paid 650 for the week for what we thought was a 3bedroom 3 bath condo with Jacuzzi's in two of the bedrooms what we got was a 3 bedroom 2 bath with one Jacuzzi tub for one person in the master bedroom right off the bat we were lied to by the sales rep. BEWARE the presentation for the timeshare is very pressure sales heavy they promise the moon. Honestly after seeing the room I was unimpressed, the dishwasher wasn't even bolted to the cabinet so every time you opened it yep it fell forward, the stove was the cheapest money could buy when you open the drawer it falls out, no frying pan in the room, not enough towels and washcloths either. The room was like a hotel very plain, the balcony was covered in saran wrap when we first entered the room we asked for it to be removed in the entire week it never got done. On the fourth day the 2nd bathroom toilet was clogged up and overflowed with fecal matter, called the front desk several times over the next few days NEVER did it get fixed so we had to use one bathroom in the master bedroom. No housekeeping service, no fresh towels even though we asked. You would think if you were trying to sell people into this timeshare you would give them the best of everything, not this place. There was only one person at the front desk and the line was always long. Parking was an issue there wasn't enough although they will valet park you when the parking lot is full. I paid more than 4.00 for a two single servings of cereal out of their store. I just was so unimpressed with the entire stay. I expected so much more as the initial reservation line made it sound like a paradise.

1 Thank k v
Santos, SP
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've stayed in Lake Eve and it is by far one of the best room I've ever seen in a 2 bed condo. Very clean, modern kitchen, nice jacuzzi. The only downside is that the pool are is not asgood as the others as Vistana Village, Harbour Lake etc. After 2:00 PM there is no more sun in the pool and by the time I was there (april) the water was freezing. If you go during winter time, no concerns but during summer time I would go to another place where the kids could play all day long.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VitorMartinsBR
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were also booked for the Fountains and bumped to Lake Eve. The location is decent for Sea World and Disney, but too much traffic (either I-4 or I-Drive) for Universal. Over the weekend they ran out of parking spots and about 20 cars had to park in non-parking spots. The hallway smelled like bug spray or some other strong chemical smell that gave me a headache just walking down.

Fortunately the room didn't smell! The rooms are spacious, and we had two doubles in one room and a king in the other. We didn't try out the appliances but the refrigerator was big enough and clean. Housekeeping did a good job with our room with cleanliness and stocking towels and toiletries. The king bed was hard as a rock, as if a pillow top had been turned onto the wrong side. The other two beds were fine. There were no channel guides for the TVs and no findable channel guide once the TV was on, so it was a guessing game. There was also no information about the hotel, if it had a business center, gym, pool hours, ect, in the room.

We were lucky to miss the 4pm check-in rush, the line was out the door! All the employees we interacted with were very nice and helpful. Upon check-out, we found a $50 room charge that wasn't ours which took 20 minutes to straighten out. The line next to me had three people check out in that time, and the third person also had a room charge added to their bill that wasn't theirs.

If anyone thinks this is a five-star hotel, they haven't been to one ever! If you have a large family, need space and a kitchen, and the price and location are right, then maybe this is a good choice. For me, this was my most disappointing hotel ever in Orlando out of at least ten trips.

Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We arrived for a short March Break Vacation. We were booked into the Fountains next door, however, they were full, so they moved us next door to Lake Eve. The hotel is old and under repair all over. The hallways were dirty and it took us almost two hours to check in on the Monday night of our arrival. The suite we booked was not what we got. I was travelling with kids and my wife. We had a two bedroom, however each room only had one bed, one of the kids had to sleep on the pull out sofa which was old and not comfortable at all. There was no T.V. in the kids room. The washer and dryer didn't work and maintenance tried two times to fix it without success before they said sorry its broken nothing we can do. On top of that the toaster started to smoke so bad we could use that.

House keeping only comes by when requested, I did request them a couple of times and nobody ever showed up, no clean towels and they tell you to just put garbage outside of the room and they will pick it up, well they never did. The room had stains on the carpet and the floor and carpets were dirty and dusty. The pool at Lake Eve is not heated it is cold for kids to swim in. The only heated pool is actually over at the Fountains.

You could never reach the front desk by phone, best was to go stand in line for a while to actually speak with someone. There is no customer service at all and had no solutions to my issues. Due to high volume they couldn't change rooms for my family.

I won't stay here again

Room Tip: Most of the rooms in the hotel face each other in a horseshoe patter, ask them not to put you in a r...
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was the BEST hotel experience I have ever had in the past 20 years if not longer. Bhartie at the front desk was Awesome!!! She was so positive and up beat, there was a guest that had a problem with her key and was being rude and disrespectful because her key didn't work. There are bigger problems in this world than resetting someone's key. But Bhartie handed it like a true professional and had a maintenance man go with her to insure the guest had no problems getting into there room. I was very impressed with how she handled things.
When we got to our room it was Awesome!!! A big room with full kitchen washer and dryer, I wanted to move in. I loved the color scheme. It was so warm and welcoming. Not like that aqua blue green and white checkered Insane Clown Posse mess that was next door. I think they call The Fountains
Everyone at Lake Eve was so Super nice from the Bellman to Tamara the girl that cooked our breakfast to Jomarysa the manager who was so sweet helping out at the front desk when it got a little busy..You just don't find customer service like this ANYWHERE. I hope there never change.

Room Tip: Forget all the rest this is the BEST. !!!! Close to Disney.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

went for business trip...
- room was quite big & comfortable
- room had full kitchen area, plus separate lounging space
- good enough for family of four

- requested housekeeping to clean up the room & make the beds 2 days in a row, but no one showed up!
- there was only 1 person at the front desk all the time, so you had to wait 15 minutes to even ask a question
- hallways are quite narrow, esp. while making your way from front lobby to the elevators
- bottle of water $4.00!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business