“Nice facility, good location, poor housekeeping.”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #192 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The 2-bedroom suite my family had was nicely appointed. Bedrooms are reasonable sized, each with its own bathroom (Jacuzzi in master bdrm); good size sitting room and dinning area; well-equipped kitchen with all the pot and pans, tableware, and small electric gadgets you would ever need. The balcony overlooks the swimming pool and Lake Eve - nice view.

However, on arrival we found used creamer packages in the small basket of coffee, creamer, and sugar packs in the kitchen not removed. And there was no sugar packs. One phone call to the front desk a fresh supply showed up at the door within minutes, with a great smile!

The following day we came back in the evening and the beds were nicely made up, but the empty shampoo and conditioner bottles were not replenished with fresh ones, and we were short one set of towels. Another phone call got our supplies quickly, with another great smile.

In the following days there were small incidents: our toilet was plugged, one of the 3 TVs stopped working after 2 days, the in-room safe wouldn't lock, and the towels put in the bathtub for cleaning were not removed and no fresh towels were supplied. Again, each time it took a call to the front desk and we got all fixed quickly. With smiles!

If it was not for the lacking housekeeping (carpet was not vacuumed and bathroom floor never cleaned in the whole week we were there), I would have given all 5 stars no doubt. Yes, service response was quick and the people were nice, but how many times do you want to call front desk during a vacation stay, just to get what should have been done properly in the first place?

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. You get better views and less noise from the pool. There is a mandatory "...
2  Thank PhilipL628
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay, and for your very honest feedback.

We have a brand new Director of Housekeeping with us who is very excited to make sure we are delivering top notch service, and I am very happy to hear that you were met with quick responses and smiling faces at every turn. We take great pride in making sure we have a friendly team who genuinely love to provide exceptional guest service, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next Orlando vacation!

Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Lake Eve Resort

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My experience was quite eventful. I had to call the front desk 4 times on my first day, 5 times on my second day and 4 times on my third day. That is a record. The first day the ice maker did not work. I was told to come to the front desk to obtain ice. I refused and told them to bring me the ice, and fix the ice maker. The maintenance person was the nicest person at the resort. Also on the first day, I called at 11pm for batteries for the remote, and I was told that I had to wait until the next day, because maintenance left for the evening. When staying at a resort/hotel, you are generally gone during the day and you watch TV at night. At a minimum, they should keep batteries and light bulbs at the front desk. On a DAILY basis, we had to beg and plead for towels, wash cloths, bathroom floor mats and to have the sheets and pillow cases changed. On the third day, we had to call 3 times to have the room cleaned. They finally cleaned it after 4pm. Housekeeping needs a lot of training.

Some of my issues could have been mitigated if the resort had a Quality Control Checklist. The Checklist should contain items like: Is the Refrigerator, Ice maker, Stove, TV etc operable; Are there batteries in ALL the remote controls; Are there sufficient towels, wash cloths, bathroom floor mats and so on.

When I checked out, I informed the front desk of my eventful experience, and all they did was apologize. They did not insist that I speak to a manager. They did not offer a discount. I never received a follow up call from a manager. They simply did not care.

3  Thank sharon J
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Good Afternoon, and I thank you for your stay, but as the Guest Service Manager of the Resort I want to take the time to address your concerns and make sure we are aware of them as a team.

One of my primary goals is to be aware of every concern any of our guests might have. It is my intent that our Front Desk team be able to assist you first and foremost and to let me know what solutions we were able to provide. If you have any concerns big or small that we are not able to find an immediately solution for, it is my instruction that I want to be able to work with you personally to make sure we are accommodating you in the best way possible, and I regret that I was not able to reach out to you directly. I certainly care, and great guest service is far and away my top priority.

If you have the time, please reach out to me by phone. I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Overall we provide a great experience for our guests, but I sincerely want all of our guests to leave feeling they received that same great experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family stayed at Lake Eve resort hotel from 23rd June for 2 weeks, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, the accomodation was very spacious and extremely clean, the housekeeping staff do an amazing job considering the size of the hotel. Having 2 bathrooms was an added bonus as we had 2 teenagers with us. There was 4 of us but this suite could easily sleep 8. The hotel staff were always very helpfull, Daniel on reception is very knowledgeable of the area, which was a great help as we decided not to drive on our 1st visit to Florida, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. The hotel is certainly at the quiet end of international drive, a car would be handy.

1  Thank anne j

Thank you so much for your recent stay and comments. Daniel does a great job in the mornings at our guest service ticket counter and is always happy to help you with any theme park packages and information that you might need. In fact, he can help you in advance of your stay and is typcially available in the mornings between 7am-1pm.

Thank you again for you review, and we hope to see you back during your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a brilliant 2 weeks at the Lake Eve Resort at the beginning of July. Great views of the peaceful lake from our balcony. Definitely miss my morning coffee on the balcony!! We reserved a 2 bedroom suite which was more than ample for our party of 5; myself, husband and 3 teenage daughters aged 18, 16 & 15. The suite came equipped with a fully functional kitchen which consisted of cooker, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, massive fridge freezer - with ice dispenser, dishwasher, cutlery, dishes, drinking glasses and washing machine with dryer. The master en suite is very roomy with separate shower and Jacuzzi bath. The bed was big enough for three and very comfortable. The second bedroom again was very big and the 2 queen size beds were big enough for the 3 girls with 2 sharing, this meant we did not require utilising the pull out sofa in the living room. Plenty of hanging closet space, and ample chests of drawers were provided for all clothes & shoes, this is a highly important requirement when travelling with teenage girls. Daily housekeeping was also provided where dishwashing powder, coffee, towels, shampoo, conditioners were replenished. A full housekeep was completed every 3 days which included a change of bedding to allow for the hotels save the planet policies.
Plenty of loungers and towels provided at the pool and hot tub.
We had planned on visiting Clearwater to top up our tans but did not need to due to the great sun deck, which we had all to ourselves during the last couple of days of our stay.
Staff at Lake Eve are very helpful especially Max who helped us when we were looking for advise in relation to using the I- Ride to get around.
Checkout time is 11am. As Our flights were scheduled to leave at 8pm Yvette was kind enough to offer us a room to freshen up before leaving as well as use of the hotel facilities whilst we waited. Max again was more than helpful as he stored our entire luggage securely allowing us access, throughout the day, to our belongings.
This was a great resort situated close to both Disney and Universal Parks. As we did not hire a car we made full use of the free shuttle service. Shuttles for Disney arrive 3 times in the morning and once for Universal, the Universal Shuttle arrives early at 7:45am. Travel by Taxi to Universal was approximately between 25 to 30 dollars one way. We also used the I- Ride a couple of times at 1 dollar 50 per adult one way. There is a Publix (very reasonable) supermarket very close; 10 min walk from the resort which we used a couple of times.
Free shuttle to Busch Gardens which meets outside Publix, this is of ‘course arranged through Busch Gardens.
We appreciated the quite of the Resort when returning from the busy parks.
Will definitely be promoting this hotel to family and friends and will definitely book again in future!!!!
Thank you to all the staff at Lake Eve for making our holiday even better.

Room Tip: All rooms provide views to the Lake
2  Thank Shar0nM68

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and it sounds like you really got to experience all of the great features that make Lake Eve Resort such an ideal choice.

We are so close to all of the major resorts, outlets, and convention center, and you can't beat the quiet secluded location overlooking beautiful Lake Eve. And our rooms are the largest full suite accommodations in Orlando.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room it self was for the most part wonderful. However the staff at the hotel were not helpful at all. I wanted to use the business center and was told that I, "Don't look like a business person and didn't need to know where it was. I was on vacation! I was at least in dressy casual clothes for that particular day. There was garbage that lined our hallway and when we politely asked for it to be removed they said it would be done. 12 hours later we came back to find the same garbage in the hallways. The garbage stayed there for 3 of our 5 days. They charged us a 'parking' fee but never had space for us to park. On our last day we were called at 7am and then sent a worker to pound on our door until we answered it. We were told that we needed to move our vechicle as in was in the way. After we had moved the vechicle we had asked for the parking fee to be removed by a girl at the desk that claimed to be a manager, who we later found out was not!! The girl told us that there is no way to remove the parking fee and we would have to deal with paying for it. Unknown to us she also proceeded to check us out at this time. A housekeeper walked right into the room without announcing himself while we were still in the room! Some of my family was in the shower and we had small children running around to get rid of some energy before our 4 hour trip home.
This was the last straw for us. For the most part we are a fairly easy going bunch but after all this we were quite upset. For instance the first night we found a live cockroach in the pullout bed and didn't say anything about it. We just killed it and moved on. However after everything that had happened all the small things started to add up. You are not supposed to take your towel from the pool area to your room but also not supposed to take a room towel to the pool. For us adults that was fine but not fof rthe 4 children we had with us.
When we actually went to the desk to check out the real manager of the front desk was able to speak with us and he did his best to resolve our problems. Unfortunately the damage had already been done by his own staff for the most part. We will not stay here again which is a shame as it was very nice to have a suite with a master bedroom and two queen beds in a different room. We were a family of 7 so the room was perfect space wise. Maybe one day the staff will realize that how they act and what they say says more about the hotel than almost anything else.

1  Thank Becca3r
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello, and I thank you for your recent stay although I do apologize for any and all of the shortcomings you experienced.

We have just recently brought on Nelson, our enthusiastic new Director of Housekeeping and addressed your concerns specifically with him so that we can make sure that we are maintaining the high standards we expect to provide. I can say for certain that he is incredibly keen on making sure that we are exceeding your expectation.

The fee you mentioned is our Resort Fee and does include parking as well as wireless access, room service, and shuttle transportation to the parks among other services. Certainly we do expect to be able to provide adequate parking and even have arrangements for an overflow lot as needed for guests with 3 and 4 cars per suite. We do also offer valet to help with any parking needs and wish we could have been more helpful in your case. We will certainly look at our process to make sure we are doing everything possible.

And we will definitely be reviewing your experience with our entire staff in terms of how we react to your needs. Having been in the hotel industry for over 12 years myself, I can tell you that my philosophy is to listen to what you need and do everything that I can to help make your stay enjoyable in every way, and that is the same message we impress upon our team. I look forward to making sure we live up to that standard.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice, clean and most of the staff was pleasant! Keira and Vince were both awesome, they assisted us with anything we needed and were very friendly and kind. The rooms were great! We actually booked at another hotel and were very disappointed so we looked for other hotels and came across this one. The Hot Deals prices were very reasonable for the size of the room. We got the 2 bedroom suite and our children absolutely loved it here. We liked the hotel so much we ended up staying an additional night.. We definitely will be back again! The only downside was the wait for clean towels, it took 45 minutes and we ended up being late for our plans but it all worked out in the long run!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Keira C, Front Desk Supervisor at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! Vince and I appreciate your compliments and we hope to see you back soon! All of our staff here love being a part of your home away from home. We enjoy doing anything we can to help our guests make great family memories!

I do apologize for the long wait on towels. We take pride in our housekeeping getting guests' items quickly and efficiently, be it towels, cookery, cribs, etc. If our houseman is delayed in getting a guests' items (due to a large call volume) we do try to contact the guest or let the guest know at the time of the call that we have a number of calls ahead of theirs. I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper regarding this issue.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for any questions or comments about your present or future stay! I am happy to hear that you plan to stay with us in the future and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Lake Eve Resort with my husband, two kids, mother, and sister. We were in a two bedroom condo. It was clean, roomy, and convenient. The service was excellent as well. One night we got back late and couldn't find parking. I went to the front desk and they immediately helped us. I have stayed at other "condo's" through Groupon and such. The Lake Eve Resort was much better than any other place we have stayed. We visit Orlando as a family often, I am so happy to have found a place that we can return to in the future. Reasonable rates too!

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad location in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the parking issue. Although we do have a large lot, sometimes guests have visitors or multiple cars and it can get full. We do have an overflow lot at Monumental Hotel next door and we have parking passes for the lot at the front desk.

If you thought our 2 bedroom suite was spacious, you should check out our platinum suite next time you stay! Our platinum units are on the outside corners of the hotel, giving you extra space and an even better view of the lake and pool areas. We do offer a bounceback rate for our returning guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon!