“Brilliant Choice in Orlando”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #198 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have written previous reviews about our trips to Orlando in over 20 years so please read my previous reviews if you would like greater detail so I will confine this review to Lake Eve.

Location. Superb. Left out the gate, you reach Seaworld/Aquatica in 5 minutes. Universal 10 minutes on from there. Disney, 10 minutes right out the Hotel. South i drive is so much better than the older hotels of North i drive.

Facilities. The building is U Shaped on to Lake Eve and 14 stories high. Maybe ask for a High Floor if you want to look out on to the Fireworks at Disney in the direction of Lake Eve?. As you look out onto the Lake, the right hand side is in shade in the morning, the left in the afternoon. The pool is not directly in sunlight and this can be a good thing in the warmer weather. For those that crave the sun all the time, there is a very good sun deck on to the lake with plenty of loungers. There is a pool bar and toilets, lots of towels, so just as you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Parking is fine.

Rooms. We had a king bedded main bedroom with a very big ensuite with walk in shower and jacuzzi whilst our girls shared the other bedroom with two queen sized beds. Nice comfy beds, lots of towels.The bedrooms were separated by a lounge area and kitchen both fine for a family of 4. Two good sized LCD tv's in the bedrooms and a bigger one in the lounge area. They were constantly doing little bits of maintenance which is a good sign.

Service. Excellent. Very nice helpful front desk staff. Keira the supervisor is really nice and friendly. All staff acknowledged you and we're genuinely polite and friendly.

No stay is "perfect" perfect doesn't exist. There is always something you or your family need or is not quite right but, Chris, the assistant Manager is very efficient and helpful and keen to get things right.

Overall. A Great choice for a first trip or subsequent trip to Orlando. Very happy with our stay and would definitely consider next time!

Great stay thanks to all the staff you made us feel very welcome and looked after us!!!!

Room Tip: High floor for Disney fireworks, right of hotel if you like shade in the morning, left if you like t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank martygmercman
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

By far the most detailed account of a vacation at Lake Eve I have yet read, and I thank you for your stay and time in reviewing your visit with us.

We hope to see you in the future, and don't forget to ask for our Bounce Back Rate on your next visit which is available for all of our returning guests.

Thank you again!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent a great time at Lake Eve Resort with my family in november 2011 ! Everything in Lake Eve was perfec. The room was awesome, I didn't have anything to complain. The crew was very friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to cominge back soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Keira C, Front Desk Supervisor at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for writing a review! We are overjoyed to hear that you had the best vacation and hope to be a part of many more! We have had many changes at Lake Eve since 2011, hopefully you come soon to see them! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just returned from a 6-night stay at Lake Eve Resort. The Resort was perfect for our trip. After booking the hotel, I had some reservations, due to some of the negative reports. However, that was the case for us. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out - everything was great. The room (310) was just as indicated on the website -- and it was clean when we arrived. The rooms are huge and there is plenty of room to stretch out. We had 6 in our party, two adults & 4 kids, ranging in age from 17-23. Yes, though they only due "light cleaning" daily, this did not bother us as we have rented condos at South Padre Island many times and we do all our cleaning. The towels were, however, replaced daily. I will definitely be recommending this place to all my friends. Thank you Lake Eve Resort for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rscrowe

Thank you so much for writing a review! I am ecstatic that we provided your family with an excellent experience and helped make your stay a memorable one. Our condo style rooms mix the space and convenience of a condo with the amenities of a hotel! Our staff is always looking to go above and beyond to make each stay better than the next. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and we look forward to seeing you in the future! We offer bounceback rates for returning guests and check our website for any specials.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We entered the resort with a bit of trepidation as we had such a great price for a 2 bedroom suite for just one night. We found no big problems at all; we were missing a hair dryer in the master suite and the shower head did not work to our satisfaction. The room was clean; we overlooked the pool which was nice. Our dinner in the dining room did leave a lot to be desired. We went to the Tiki Bar later and the bartender was pleasant and attentive.
All in all it was definitely a good stay for the price and we would return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank otis12616

Thank you for writing a review! I apologize that we did not have a hairdryer in your room and that your shower was not to your liking. If there is any way we can improve this, please feel free to contact me directly at Lake Eve! I would also love to hear any details as to what was left to be desired after your visit to our restaurant. Our chef is always changing the menu and loves to try new things!

The tiki bar is a great way to relax with a refreshing drink or two by the pool. We may be extending the hours soon to have the tiki bar open earlier in the day! We hope to see you when you return in the future. Make sure to check our website or call our in house reservations to hear about any rate specials. Once again, thank you for the review!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we arrived in our room, the room was not cleaned properly. However, they changed our rooms to a cleaned room and gave us free coupons for the breakfast and dinner buffets. We really liked the lay-out of the rooms and the workers were very helpful and nice. The buffets were really expensive, and didn't have a variety (luckily we got the buffets for free).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I sincerely apologize that your room was not cleaned properly and I will address it with our new housekeeping manager. I am happy to know that our staff was accommodating and switched your room immediately as well as providing you with coupons to our restaurant. I would love to hear any ideas you have to make our restaurant selections more diverse and to your liking. We are always open to suggestions and love making every guests' stay here fantastic! Feel free to contact me directly at Lake Eve. Thank you again and we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time even though there was a slight hiccup upon your arrival. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was awesome to stay ! It was very clean, very classy, and staff very friendly! The pool is absolutely beautiful and the view of the pool from our room was wonderful! We had a two bedroom and it worked perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and could use the beautiful pool. Every room here at Lake Eve is spacious and has an excellent view of both the pool and Lake Eve. We have recently added new staff members and I am happy to hear everyone was friendly and helpful! We love being your home away from home. Make sure to ask about our bounceback rates next time you book your stay! Be sure to look on our website for hot deals regularly as well!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed in many different locations a d many different types of accommodation over the years - villas, 5 star Disney/Universal hotels, I-Drive, Lake Buena Vista.

The resort itself is at my preferred end of I drive, south near SeaWorld, the "quieter" end. Great location, easy access to everywhere.

It has a nice look (currently undergoing redecoration externally, but in good condition). We were checked in with ease (glad, since after the flight from the UK and arriving at the start of Tropical Storm Andrea we just wanted to get to our room and relax!). We (my 20yo daughter and I) had a two bedroom suite. It was enormous! To be honest, housekeeping hadn't done the best of jobs - looked like the place hadn't been hoovered). But the beds were clean and comfortable.

The master bed and ensuite bathroom were equally huge with loads of cupboard space at a dressing room end, two basins, large whirlpool bath and a walk in shower that would have fit four!

Kitchen/diner, going into the lounge with patio doors on to the balcony, which had lovely views of the pool a d pretty lake, perfect at sunup and sundown. Furniture on the balcony to enjoy the sun.

The other bedroom also had a 6' bed and a bathroom next door.

Kitchen fully kitted out with crockery, glassware, silverware, cooking utensils, pots, pans etc. microwave, large fridge freezer, dishwasher.

We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurants, but had room service one night, which was ok.

The pool was a reasonable size, bit chilly but the sun disappears off the pool mid afternoon.

Now this is where the hotel gets a bad mark in my book, I'm afraid. The pool was open till 11pm - sorry, but this is way too late. The pool is set in a kind of courtyard with the three wings of the building surrounding it (lake the other side). Because of this, noise is trapped and carries - very loudly - up to the rooms. Every night people were in the pool till gone 11pm, 11.30 two nights. This is not acceptable in such a holiday destination where tiredness reigns and early nights are needed! (At home I don't get to bed till 11-11.30, so I'm not early to bed normally!)

While on our week in Orlando, we stayed one night at Universal's Royal Pacific (to get front of line access in parks and do new Harry Potter ride before non-onsite hotel guests - brilliant). The pool there is fantastic, but shuts earlier, even on 'movie at the pool' nights. Our second week was in Barbados and our suite overlooked both the sea and pool. Pools closed there as soon as it was dark - 7pm during our stay.

I thought this Lake Eve Resort perfect for families because of the size of the suites, but unless I knew the pool would be closing at a more sensible time, then I'm afraid I would not choose to stay again. A real shame because aside of this issue, it really was a great place.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AnnieO60

Hello and thank you for your recent stay. We are very happy that you got to enjoy so many parts of the resort including the very large rooms, kitchen, and bathrooms, as well as the location. We hope to see you back during your next visit to Orlando and would recommend that you call us directly to ask for our Bounce Back Rate for returning guests.

Also, we do regret that the pool hours were any inconvenience for you. We do find that a large number of our guests will return after 9pm from a long day at the parks and enjoy a couple of hours to relax by the pool and hot tub. We do strive to maintain a relaxing environment for all however and appreciate your observations.

Thank you again for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon.