“Beautiful but few problems”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #197 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First of all, the resort and condos were absolutely beautiful!! The location was great. Check-in was fast and friendly. We had a 3 bedroom condo for three couples. We had some housekeeping issues that were eventually taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank saalfeldk68
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the property so much. I am also glad that we were able to resolve any housekeeping issue for you right away. We strive to provide the best experience possible for you and to get your anything you might need as soon as possible during your stay.

We hope you enjoyed your vacation in Orlando and don't forget to ask for our Bounce Back rate for returning guests during your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We booked a three bedroom for May 23 - 29, 2013. (husband, wife, two older kids) We have stayed at this resort several times and have enjoyed our stays. We arrived before check in time, about 1 pm. We were checked in quickly by the front desk staff who stated our room was ready.....a good start to vacation! We were in room 607. The view from the room was beautiful. The pool appears to be well kept and I love sitting out on the balcony in the morning with coffee and watching the lake. The first thing I noticed when we entered our unit is that in the kitchen, where there used to be 3 lights, now there were only two, making the kitchen very dark and difficult to work in. The kitchen, though, was in good condition and we had enough dinnerware/plates etc., for our needs. In the second bathroom, the light bulb was not working. Called down to the front desk to have it replaced about 9 pm and was told that it would just have to wait until the morning. We took the bulb out of another lamp to put in the bathroom ourselves. During our stay, the bulb was never replaced. We didn't need maid service each day, but when they did clean, it was more of a "lick and a promise". Dust and hair was apparent in the bathrooms, but the rest of the rooms were clean. I am a bit picky and like my bathroom floors clean. The rooms are starting to show some wear at this point, but hopefully there is a schedule for rehab/maintenance for the property. It wasn't anything that would make me run for another hotel. We still feel like we are getting a good value for the money spent. There were a couple of small stains on the living room carpet, but it looked otherwise clean. The beds were comfortable, but Lake Eve management.....PLEASE BUY NEW BED PILLOWS FOR YOUR UNITS! When foam pillows are noticeably lumpy even before you lay your head on them, it's time to replace them. A choice/combination of down or foam would be most welcome! We asked front desk personnel questions and recommendations a few times and found them to be pleasant and helpful.
We ordered room service two nights of our stay. The food was brought quickly and the burgers were very good. In all our stays,this was the first time we had tried room service and were pleasantly surprised.
We love the fact that with three bedrooms and two baths, we all have room to spread out. We used the kitchen for morning breakfasts and late night snacks. Having a washer and dryer in the unit is a great advantage. We can pack lightly and just throw a load of clothes in at night after returning from the parks. It is beginning to show a bit of wear, but minor maintenance and upgrades will put it back in pristine condition.
That being said, we still enjoy coming to Lake Eve and will most likely do so in the future. Thanks for another great vacation Lake Eve!

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view. We prefer a mid level floor and haven't been disappointed.
3  Thank Cherylh407

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your very detailed review.

Our new Chef will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed the new menu items he has introduced and it is always great to hear that our front desk team was able to get you a great room right away.

I also very much appreciate your highlights of any concerns and I am happy to say that we are constantly looking for ways to be even better. We have recently brought on several new team members including in our restaurant, front desk, and housekeeping, and we look forward to improving on experiences like yours.

Hopefully we get to see you back soon on your next visit to Orlando.

Thank you again!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Posive points: Calm, helpfull staff from begginig to end of stay. Easy check in and out. Not that huge place, with great pool and aside a beatiful lake (some Florida natura around). Good price for a big apartment (we got a premium ap for max of 8 people). We stayed in a family of four but could be with 6 people easily. Big kitchen and this is a BIG difference if you stay in Orlando for a longer stay, so you can buy and cook some food. As we stayed at the 8th floor we had a beautiful lake view. I think if you reserve early, and ask for it, it would be easier for getting one of this apartments.
Down points: cleaning details (although minor ones). It think housekeeping people do a little bit supericial work (i found a band-aid under a sofa e some long hair under a bed, not from my wife). They put plates etc... in a dishwasher and most of the time you have to take out and clean it again cause it didn´t work for us (i think it´s the way it works in USA, probably we are just not used to it)
Would stay there again, for sure, specially by the size of the apartment and for the kitchen inside it.

Room Tip: If you like views, ask for higer floor (above 8th) with lake view.
1  Thank Bortoluzzi
Keira C, Front Desk Supervisor at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad our staff was helpful in accommodating you during your stay. Our full size kitchens are a huge plus, especially to large families. We have a Publix right around the corner for all of your grocery needs, helping to limit eating expensive meals out and more spending money for your vacation! We also have a wonderful restaurant as well as a 24 hour marketplace located conveniently in the lobby. Our Chef has created a new menu including my favorite, coconut shrimp!

I do sincerely apologize for your housekeeping issues. We recently hired a new Executive housekeeper as well as additional staff. I am glad that these minor issues did not interrupt your stay and I will share your concerns with our staff. We strive to have our rooms in the best shape for our guests after a long day in the parks or relaxing by the pool. We also have maintenance staff on property every day to take care of any issues with equipment.

Thank you again for staying at Lake Eve Resort and be sure to check our Bounce Back rates for returning guests!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we are in Orlando we usually stay at another hotel because the first time we stayed we were hooked. However, our favorite hotel does not accommodate parties of 8 (six adults; 2 kids); so, I had to look for an alternative. I found Lake Eve through a search on another travel site and I'm really glad I did! After seeing the photos and reading the reviews, I decided to just book it. When we arrived, the hotel appears OK. Nothing spectacular, but not rundown; and, the landscaping is well-maintained. The front desk staff was very friendly and even allowed us to check in a little earlier. When we got up to our room (fourth floor), we were very pleased with what we saw. A very spacious, three bedroom, two bathroom hotel with a full-sized, fully equipped kitchen. Our room also over-looked the pool and Lake Eve (I think all of the rooms do, so that's a huge plus!). The pool is a really nice size and there is also a smaller pool for children and a jacuzzi. Our stay was only for one night, so we did not get to partake in all of the amenities of the hotel. I can say that, from now on, when we travel with our large group we will definitely be staying at Lake Eve Resort...hopefully for a lot longer than just one night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you booked with Lake Eve because of our spacious rooms that allow accommodations for large families! Every room has a pull out sofa in addition to the beds, making even more room for friends and family! Every room has does have gorgeous pool and lake view, especially our Platinum suites. Be sure to check out our restaurant and fitness center next time you stay with us! Thank you again for your review and we will see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our first visit to Lake Eve and it will be the last. We arrived yesterday and our first disappointment was being on a low floor, we'd requested a high floor and when I phoned a couple of months ago was assured that wouldn't be a problem but it seems floor 3 is classed as high. First impressions of the room was spacious but dated and clearly not been well cleaned as the floor in both the bedroom and living area had bits over it but it was late we where tired and seemed easier to deal with it the next day little did I know the best was yet to come. This morning my 10yr old dropped her purse on the floor at the foot of the master bed and when she went to pick it up she found not only an vending bag but a pair of soiled pants !!! I was distraught put the pants in the trash and went to reception with the bag, told them about the standard of housekeeping and the soiled pants. The Manager apologised and seemed to be genuinely concerned which is why I was very surprised to come back a day out to see that the floor still hadn't been vacuumed and when I was sitting in the tub which I had cleaned before I got in it due to the poor standards I spotted a used cotton bud on the floor under the sink. We are here for another 7 nights and am dreading it. We holiday in Orlando twice a year and have never come across such poor standards. We usually go to the Blue Heron or Floridays but thought we'd try so we would try somewhere different big mistake. My sister had planned to book 3 rooms here for later in the year but is now going elsewhere on the back of our experience.
Poor standards, dated rooms and even worst customer service ......go elsewhere

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carolinewestwalesuk

I am truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us and certainly don't consider it to be what we expect to provide for our guests. Your experience however has led us to make sure that we are communicating in every way possible to ensure that we are providing the great experiences that most of our other reviews might indicate, and I regret that we weren't able to meet those standards for your stay.

I am proud to say that we have added some great new team members to our housekeeping and front desk teams and we look forward to meeting the highest standards.

If you have the chance to visit us, we would be happy to have you back for a perfect experience on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Lake Eve Resort is the place to go, whether with family, friends or just a get away. It's a home away from home, the staff is awesome, especially Chris, tou have to go and experience a step above the Hilton, and the rest of the name hotel, who treat you like a number, I wish I could buy a room, see you soon, Thanks Guys

• Stayed: May 2013
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your glowing review! We always love seeing return guests, especially those that don't want to leave! Unfortunately since we are a hotel, you can't buy a room. Our suites are very spacious and do offer amenities one might see in a time share or condo such as washer/dryers, full kitchens, gorgeous views, and a full dining area. Thank you again for your kind words, we will see you during your next stay!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were at this resort for 11 days and we were treated well. Because we are Brazilians were inclusive efforts of employees to speak a few words in our language, which I thought was quite nice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms excellent, the kitchen well equipped and everything worked fine. They have infrastructure for those who want to go to the parks using their transport services. In addition, they also sell tickets for almost all the Orlando attractions. I recommend this hotel especially for those who prefer to make some meals in the apartment. Well near there has a Publix supermarket which is very good and offers interesting options with good prices. This option resulted in savings and healthier eating.

Room Tip: The apartments are in the center offer a beautiful view of the pool and lake.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay with us! Although we have very few employees that speak portuguese, we do try to accommodate our guests and learn a few words in your native tongue. Our shuttle service is another excellent service we provide, saving you that extra parking fee in the parks as well as that long walk to your car at the end of the night. I'm glad you could use the full kitchen in your room to cook meals and utilize the Publix located nearby for your grocery needs. We also have a wonderful restaurant in the lobby, my favorite is the Chicken Orlando! We hope you had a safe trip back to Brazil and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for your kind words!