“An Interesting Few Nights Stay”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #199 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First I wish our room was as clean as the lobby! We stayed here 5 nights and the furniture tops looked like they were last dusted back when Walt invisioned building Disney World. Though the bathroom and kitchen were clean; housekeeping seemed to have a problem with general dusting, and floor sweeping. The beds were extremely comfortable but then everyone has a mattress preference. The bi fold doors on our closet all most came crashing down as the metal supporting track was shot, I just folded it up and leaned it to one side. Also one tv remote did not work.

We did not try their restaurant but we noticed very little activity there. The pool area was nice.

One thing that happened was the fire alarm going off close to midnight. They claimed it was a false alarm but there was smoke on our floor. This place seems to cater to high school and college age groups. I would not recommend staying here otherwise. Typical loud noise and running in the hall ways during the late evening. If you are mid age, and want to re experience your dorm college days well this is the place to stay. Other wise look else where!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steelcityguy
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We certainly appreciate your recent stay and apologize for any disturbance you experienced. Items like a fire alarm going off are extremely unfortunate, but regrettably not 100% preventable and our interest is always in your safety, even at midnight.

It is true that we do host several teams throughout the year, however our most frequent quests are family vacationers staying anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks and the hotel is usually very quiet throughout the evenings. Most any groups we do have we provide additional watched security for as well and so disturbances like you experienced are not very common, however we do again apologize sincerely.

We will also love to address your concerns with maintenance.

And we wish you had tried our restaurant. Our new chef is trying to some great new menu options, and don't forget we will be completing a full update this year to both expand it and offer a great new theme.

We hope to see you back to show you a great experience at Lake Eve.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were here for 6 nights to enjoy time at Disney World and then off to a Disney cruise.
The front desk was great in recommending a ground floor room. I wouldn't have thought about it but thank goodness. It seemed like there were multiple school groups that were staying in the resort so it's good that we didn't have to deal with any silliness.

I followed the advice of one poster here and actually brought my own toilet paper b/c I was worried my little girl would complain about it hurting her. The toilet paper was fine. I've had worse at other hotels. BUT the one thing that I hope that Lake Eve does change is the provided shampoo and conditioner. They are HORRIBLE. This is coming from a guy! It's really bad and my wife and little girl agrees.

Overall a pretty good stay. There was some noises coming from the bathroom ... maybe pipes and condensation? We closed the bathroom doors and could sleep peacefully.
if we are staying long term in the Disney area, we'd definitely keep Lake Eve as an option.

1  Thank cr8zymike
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate it and your feedback as well. We always expect to provide a great stay for our guests, but it is truly good to hear what our guests think we can do to make it even better.

We hope that you do make it back, and the next time you are headed to Orlando, don't forget to ask for our Bounce Back rate for returning guests. You can save up to 20% as a returning guest and we would love to have you back.

Thank you again!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Unfortunately we were very disappointed in our overall experience with our stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived to check in to our departure. Upon check in the young girl was quite standoffish and half way through our check in procedure she literally walked away and ask another person behind the counter to finish the check in. We spent the first evening washing all the glasses, cups, plates, silverware and coffee machine as they were all put away in the cupboard dirty. For the four nights we spent there we had to ask daily for fresh towels and for someone to clean the room. The room was never cleaned throughout our entire stay and this was even after we addressed this situation with the manager. I have never had such an experience at any hotel/resort I have stayed at and I travel frequently for both business and pleasure. Needless to say I will most definetly not stay at Lake Eve again!

2  Thank Jeanette H

We do thank you for your recent stay but I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I'm not sure if I recall your check in specifically, but I did want to let you know that we are working very hard to bring on several new team members and if there was any confusion over the particulars of your reservation at check in, I do apologize, but we do like to have somebody on hand as you experienced to make sure we can answer any questions.

We will also address your housekeeping concerns with our entire team. We are growing our team in that department as well to make sure we are providing the excellent service we expect to provide.

If you have the opportunity to contact me directly, I would be very pleased to speak with you to make sure we are addressing any concerns you may have.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Lake Eve Resort. The condo-style resort was beautiful, everything look brand-new, and the view was fantastic. Our family went to Orlando for a family trip to see the sites and visit the theme parks, we didn't plan to stay at the resort much, but we didn't even want to leave the resort because we had just as much fun there with the view of the pool and the lake. We had everything we needed, there was no problem gettin extra towels or thing like that. Staff was courteous and helpful. The location was wonderful. We would definately stay here again, and again, and again...

Room Tip: The best room are the 3bedroom because they were directly in the center of the resort with a straigh...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank QGM
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your input! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our resort so much that you didn't want to leave! We have excellent bounceback rates for our returning guests, make sure to ask about those next time you book with us. We have recently hired more guest service staff to meet your needs and I will share your review with them! We are always happy to hear feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments. Thank you again for choosing Lake Eve again and again!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lake Eve Resort is a very nice place to stay. My original plans were to stay three days, it was so nice I extended my stay to six days. The location is wonderful, the resort is clean and the staff is very helpful. Overlooking the lake can't be beat. With the help of staff I was able to attend all my planned events without a vehicle. The resort is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the large pool and lake. You will not be disappointed if you stay at this...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara L

Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad to hear that we were able to help you enjoy your vacation so much.

Hopefully we get to see you back soon, and if there is anything we can we, we'd be glad to help.

Thank you again!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This resort is beautiful and less than 2 miles from Sea World. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was huge! It had 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen as well. The pool is large so no worry about it being overtaken with too many people. We enjoyed the walkout dock that overlooks the lake too. Overall it was a very good resort at a good price. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the air conditioning made a loud knocking sound that kept me up all night.

1  Thank Debra S
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

On behalf of the staff here at Lake Eve Resort thank you for staying with us! Our spacious rooms all overlook the pool and Lake Eve itself. Our pool bar is now serving hamburgers and hot dogs as well as their drink specials!

I apologize for the issues you had with the a/c noise during your stay. If I can be of any service, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to speak with you further about any concerns you have.

We are working on some new areas including the fitness center and a new restaurant concept coming soon! Please join us again, summer is just beginning! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed in a 2bdr 2bath apt - good closets, a nice kitchen and living room and a small balcony with an awesome lake view (low floor, column 01). Daily maids service, nice closets, clean, flat screen TV in the living and in the bedrooms with a decent selection of channels but no premium channels. Dishes, glasses and silverware for 4 (should/could be more). Good location: close to Seaworld, and shops. Seems to be a preferred spot for Brazilians. I would not hesitate to go back to it.

Room Tip: Pick Column 01 if you can ...end of the hallway- more quiet and better view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your stay here at Lake Eve! Every suite has a pool and lake view as well as a balcony to enjoy our beautiful Florida weather. Our pool is heated to a comfortable 82 degrees and we also have a hot tub and kiddie pool! We hope to see you back soon for your next vacation! Thank you again for your review!