“Love Lake Eve”

Ranked #190 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Love Lake Eve”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at Lake Eve Resort. The staff was friendly and helpful and the property was well kept. I will defiantly being staying there again on our next family trip. I will recommend this hotel to anyone with a large family and a not so large budget. It is worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
It is always good to hear great things about our staff, and thank you so much for your comments. We have a very friendly team who works hard to improve your stay and we very much appreciate you letting them know.

If you are coming back to stay with us, don't forget to ask about our Bounce Back rates for returning guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family stays in the Orlando area about 3 to 4 times a year. On occasion, we try different hotels/resorts to get the best experience.
Although, the Lake Eve Resort had many Pros, it did have One major Con that I cannot overlook. The Pros were: huge "home like" rooms with multiple bathrooms and beds with a complete kitchen. That was wonderful with two teenagers. We had a corner room, and heard no other person. Also, as mentioned in other reviews, the view was beautiful. Check in/out was fast and easy. We had plenty of towels, soaps, toilet paper, paper towels, and coffee.
The property was located in an area that was very easily accessible and the places we needed to go, only took 10/15 minutes to get there.
The HUGE con was: smoke smell in every inch of our room. It was in the furniture, drapes, bed linens, carpet, couches, etc. The common areas and the rooms are non smoking. However, guests are allowed to smoke on their private balconies. I'm guessing the last guest(s) that stayed in our room, smoked inside of it. Also, the hallway to our room smelled like smoke. You could clearly smell it when the elevators opened up.
We are 100% non smokers and this was a huge turn off. So much so, We would not stay there again unless the property went 100% smoke free. Also, they would need to clean the curtains, walls, carpets, etc to get that smell out. When we got home, all of our clothes and suitcases smelled like cigarettes.
To give the benefit of the doubt to the property, after we got settled into our room and smelled the smell, I went down to let the girl know it was not us who smoked and how terrible it smelled. She did apologize and ask if we wanted to have the room sprayed with febreze or for us to move to another room. I said no. My husband can't take a lot of "perfume" type smells, and we were too tired to pack everything back up into our suitcases and move.
I would have rated it 4 stars if the smell was not there or maybe it was cleaned better. One of the couches had bad body odor smell, and we found hairs on the master bathroom floor, and the toilet had built up stains in it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lisa e
This is exactly why we don't allow smoking in our suites and we are truly sorry that a previous guest had neglected the room in such a way. So that you know, we assess a cleaning fee which allows us to deep clean the room in such a case (which is rare), and we make every effort to get the room back up to non smoking condition. We do everything we can to discourage in room smoking and are as mindful of it as you are, and we will continue to make every effort to keep the rooms as clean as possible.
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We booked the 3 bedroom, 2 of the bedrooms had king beds and one had 2 queens, there was also a fold out couch in the living room, all bedrooms had tvs and great views of the lake and pool. The balcony was nice and large. The master bedroom had a bathroom with huge tub and a separate shower. There was another full bath also. The kitchen area was really nice and there was also a washer and dryer to do laundry. The pool was nice and heated and there was a bar at the pool. There is also a restaurant in the lobby area. Really nice location too!

• Stayed April 2013
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time during your stay at Lake Eve! Our spacious rooms definitely have plenty of amenities for the whole family to enjoy during a vacation. It's wonderful to have a full kitchen complete with utensils and cookware to cook with the family or a restaurant just downstairs with great specials every day! We enjoy being your home away from home whenever you come to visit our many theme parks and attractions here in Orlando. Next time you stay with us, be sure to check out our new additions to the resort coming soon!

Thank you for your feedback and we will see you soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here during Spring Break week beginning March 22nd with my wife and 3 children (ages 2-5). We booked at the last minute as most hotels were already sold out. The hotel is located on International Drive South away from the crowded area and was a very quick and easy drive to Disney. The 2 BR 2 Bath was very clean and spaciuos with a nice kitchen for cooking. For some reason we never had enough washcloths. Not a big deal but we found it odd to have to request some every night or morning. As far as the grounds, there is a nice pool but it turned to cool for us to use. I didn't notice any activities for kids like some resorts have, but we were at the parks every day, so no big deal for us. We found the staff very pleasant and accomodating.

2 Thank Travelerdaddy
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your review.

One of the best things about the property that you mentioned is how close we are to every major attraction and our pool and lake views are really amazing.

We are also adding some brand new activites for kids and our other guests as well including an updated fitness center and pool activities such as a splash area. Our restaurant also has a brand new menu along with our pool bar.

We will definitely take a look at your experience with towels, but again we thank you very much for staying with us and are so happy you enjoyed your vacation and your stay with us. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I called about 7 times prior to my checking and was told in several occasion that my reservation was upgraded to a 2 to 3 bedroom suite. All I had to do is pay at checking for the upgrade when I arrived. No one seem to know what I was told. It was a very disappointment because my sister in law had to share a room with our mother in law. Children had to sleep in the living room and when the pull out sofa was pulled out we discover that sheets were not change from previous guess stays. To be honest I really will not stay here. Not for $219 a night. For that price I expect at lease better service. Not only was I not given a promise upgrade suite the manager checked us in a two bedroom suite that had two king size beds. I had to go down to the reseption desk to get checked in a room that had a king size bed and second room a double bed otherwise my sister in law would have shared a king size bed with her husband and her mother in law. I'm not sure but to me everything could have been better if only the manager would haves asked if a 2 bedroom suite with one king and two double would work. Need training. Also house keeping just lefted towels in the living room after a day at the theme parks I had to distribute towels because towels were not placed were you would need them.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Borichica
We thank you for your recent stay and review, but I do wish that we would have been able to provide you with the service you expected. We have just brought on a brand new staff that we know will improve our service in the areas you were concerned with and we very much look forward to meeting those expectations.

Also I would be happy to speak with you regarding your room amenities if you would like to contact me directly. We certainly always want to accomodate what you have reserved with us and I would love to be able to speak with you and find out more if there was any booking era we can correct.

I do thank you for choosing us, and rest assured we take your comments very seriously.
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at this property twice before. This March 2013 took other family members on holiday for 2 1/2 weeks at Lake Eve resort because we liked resort so much. Had a terrible experience with the hotel.

There were 8 of us in a 3 bedroom condo, ample space. We were on the 12th floor. We called maintenance after we arrived as 1 of the TV’s didn't work, and the kitchen light didn't function properly, only 1 bulb worked, which was how it was left for the 2 1/2 weeks.

The cleaning staff never cleaned the room! They came in and took the garbage, left 4 towels total in the bathroom for 8 guests (we were told we needed to call housekeeping if we wanted any more) and sometimes ...only sometimes made a bed!

After a few days I went to the front desk and asked when we would get the room cleaned and beds changed. They told me beds were changed every 3 days.

Well after going to the desk 3 times and asking for the room to be cleaned, we had 2 kids so the floors needed cleaning, we were assured by FD that indeed it would be taken care of! The only time we had it vacuumed I ran down the hall after the staff took out the garbage and asked to use their vacuum.

We had to buy our own toilet paper, only some days they left spares, I bought cleaner for the bathrooms because the staff didn't clean the bathrooms ONCE! We had to chase the housekeeping cart each day for dishwashing soap, and dish towels as they weren't left. The kitchen had enough plates and cutlery for 4 people, we requested additional never any given so we had to buy extra for our stay.

All in all very disappointed with our stay and embarrassed I had highly recommended to our family and this was their first time and they weren't impressed.

What was the most disappointing was advising the FD staff of the issues and they were very quick to brush me off and never followed up to try and accommodate any of the cleaning issues.

I will not recommend this place again and at the end of 2 1/2 weeks was glad to leave. Good luck to the next guests!

4 Thank pslpsl
I am truly concerned with the issues you have highlighted during your recent stay with us and apologize for any shortcomings in service for you. We certainly expect to provide more for our guests and thankfully your experience with us is extremely rare. We will be addressing your concerns with our entire management team as all of us here genuinely look forward to providing the level of service you expected.

If I can be of any service, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to speak with you further about any concerns you have.

I can promise you that your experience is not common however and would love to have you back to stay with us again. We expect to provide excellent service to all of our guests and your comments will up us make that happen.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room looks beautiful. Built like and actual 2/2 apartment. Love the hot tub and his n hers sink n master bedroom. They gave us no dish rag or sponge but gave dish detergent so I guess we're to use dishwasher only. The tissue was horrible felt like I was using paper. Housekeeping came and took all towels saying she would return with clean ones and never did. I thought it was just and accident til I was checking out and saw someone else complaining about no towels in room. The hot rub is lovely but there is sometimes alot people wanting to get in. The check in clerk was great.Price wise was great. I would stay again just know to bring my own belonging.

1 Thank Nita31
Well we love that you loved the room, and your check in clerk. We pride ourselves on great customer service and the rooms really are the most spacious suites you can find in the area.

We do apologize for the delay in getting you the proper amount of towels, but are happy that you let us know.
'
Thank you again. If you are returning, don't forget to ask for our BounceBack rates for returning guests, and we hope to provide you with an even better stay on your next Orlando vacation.