“Good but not great”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #197 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room looks beautiful. Built like and actual 2/2 apartment. Love the hot tub and his n hers sink n master bedroom. They gave us no dish rag or sponge but gave dish detergent so I guess we're to use dishwasher only. The tissue was horrible felt like I was using paper. Housekeeping came and took all towels saying she would return with clean ones and never did. I thought it was just and accident til I was checking out and saw someone else complaining about no towels in room. The hot rub is lovely but there is sometimes alot people wanting to get in. The check in clerk was great.Price wise was great. I would stay again just know to bring my own belonging.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nita31
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Well we love that you loved the room, and your check in clerk. We pride ourselves on great customer service and the rooms really are the most spacious suites you can find in the area.

We do apologize for the delay in getting you the proper amount of towels, but are happy that you let us know.
'
Thank you again. If you are returning, don't forget to ask for our BounceBack rates for returning guests, and we hope to provide you with an even better stay on your next Orlando vacation.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was moved here due to the Caribe Royale being overbooked for a conference. After seeing the guest rooms at the other hotel I was very pleased with the hotel. The staff where very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much hassle. Rooms where very spacious, clean and having separate bathrooms for me and my friend made sure there was no queue for the shower in the morning haha.

The only issue i encountered was that they attempted to charge 3 of my cards for the full hotel room cost when the costs where covered by the travel agent. When I checked my cards upon checkout i found they posted 3 $100 charges, one on each card. (Post meaning the transaction was completed not pending). They are still trying to rectify this but the hotel where very helpful in trying to help. It was an unusual situation as most guests don't pre-pay.

Highly recommended and if I find myself in Orlando again i will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Even the standard suites at this hotel are very good. Would love to try a platinum 2b2b room though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about Lake Eve! We're glad you were able to find a room you were happy with here despite the overbooking at the Caribe Royale. I apologize for the charges to your cards and I hope everything has been settled with your accounts.

We have new things coming this summer including a new restaurant concept and updates to our fitness center. We would love to have you back to experience our Platinum suite!

Feel free to contact me directly regarding any more feedback.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our most recent stay at Lake Eve resort was in January 2013. Three of us were staying there for a conference being held at the Orange County Convention centre. This is a wonderful hotel, with a full size kitchen, fully stocked with utensils and pots and pans, a dishwasher etc. What really sold me on this hotel was the washer and dryer, it's wonderful not to have to 1) Bring so many clothes and 2) not to have to bring so many dirty clothes home.

There is a Publix, and Liquor store just down the street, which is great for stocking up on all of the essentials...

You cannot go wrong booking this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay.

It may seem small, but I agree with you that one of the best features is the washer and dryer. How great is it to be able to lay on your couch while you wash your clothes instead of coming downstairs, or to be able to take your time without having to worry about other guests waiting in line to use your machine. Plus it is so easy to take home a suit case full of clean clothes.

And we are very happy you enjoyed the area. Groceries stores as you mentioned are very near by, as are a number of great restaurants, the outlets, and of course the convention center is right down International Drive.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you back during your next visit!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I picked this hotel for me and my family based off the reviews I had read on this site and I must say the reviews are true. Me and my family stayed for 4 nights in March 2013. The biggest complaint I have with this resort is in the room we stayed in (5th floor #507) had gnats in it and a musty smell to it as if it had not been cleaned very good. I called the front desk and told them about the problem and they sent some guy up and he basically said he didn't see a lot and someone must have left some trash and there was nothing he could do about it. Me and my family arrived sometime after 10pm so housekeeping should have already taken care of any cleaning issues in the room. The gnats were so bad we were swatting at them as we ate. It got to the point where we just ate out everyday, even thought the point of staying there was to save money by cooking some of our own meals. At check out time I was asked how was my stay and I told the guy at front desk of the gnat problem and he says its the first he has heard of a gnat problem but I just saw another review speaking on the gnat problem. Other than that the hotel was great. I loved the pool area and bar. I would love to stay here again but a little scared due to the gnat issue. Who wants to pay money deal with insects on vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and review.

We take every review very seriously and have done so with your experience with pests in your suite. Most importantly we have already completed a complete service to the hotel in addition to our regular treatment service. I wanted to assure you that we don't typically have pest issues and want to make sure to address any concerns right away, so we thank you for alerting us to your experience.

And I am glad to hear that your trip overall was a great experience for you. We look forward to having you back to stay with us during your next trip to Orlando and providing you with an even better stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked the three bedroom suite on Saturday, March 16th. I've stayed at a number of hotels throughout Florida and from the very second we walked in we had resistance during the check in process. An associate by the name of 'Leslie' at the front desk was extremely rude to me and my guests.

She denied our request for additional key cards for me and my guests. She was very distracted during the check in process and was flirting with another associate. When she finally decided to help us she was very condescending and only told us what she 'couldn't do', not what she could do.

I spent the first three hours of my check in attempting to track down the manager, I believe his name was 'Chris Rook'. Once he called my room we spoke about what happened and he expressed his concerned and even said that he would apply a discount for the night. As of this date (3/24) Chris never applied any sort of discount.

You had eight potential future customers that stayed with you that night that will not be future customers, not only because of the horrible check in process, but the lack of action/and or response by Chris. A little customer service goes a long way.

I will be posting my review about my stay with Lake Eve Resort on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Expedia, Travelocity, and Hotels.com shortly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

We certainly want to provide every guest with a great check in experience and are addressing our staff to make sure that we are doing everything possible.

In this particular case I wanted to make sure that you are aware that it is very difficult to provide a check in time earlier than 4pm following a sold out evening. We are sorry that we could not provide a 12 o'clock check in on that particular day, but as many of our guests don't check out until 12, it is regrettably impossible to clean a room to the high standards we aspire to. We are very happy that we were able to check you in by 3:15; however ahead of our 4pm check in time.

After returning to the office I was happy to call you right away as my front desk staff makes it a priority to let me know as soon as possible of any guest concerns. You were very courteous in expressing your concerns and because of that I was happy to bring those concerns to my entire staff.

And so I was very surprised to receive repeated guest notifications of noise disturbances from your suite that evening. We want all of our guests to have a great time and enjoy themselves, but we do ask your cooperation in being respectful of not only our other guests, but also our staff who tries very hard to ensure a great stay for each of our other guests.

Regardless, while we did take a moment to review some of these matters, we did issue the credit you mention here as a courtesy as of March 20th. It does take 3-7 business days to process through any banking system and I would thank you for your continued patience.

I sincerely appreciate your concerns and have addressed them with the staff at large. We always strive to improve.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was very nice. There is a bar & restaraunt on the first floor. There is room service and the food is delicious! There is a nice sun deck built out back. The only thing I didnt like was the pool. Its surrounded on 3 sides and only gets sun for 2 hours a day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Burklebees
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012 and had a great time. Rooms were specious and very well equiped and had a great view of the pool and the lake its self. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was ever to much trouble. The location of the hotel is fine, it is situated in the quieter end of international drive but restaurants and shops were only a few minutes drive or trolley ride away.
The pool was a little cool at first but was fine once we were in ( I believe the pool is now heated ), Jacuzzi pool was very relaxing & highly recommend.
A nice cool beer by the lakeside was always very nice, try and spot the turtles !
Would I return here ? Definatley !!!

Enjoy your trip !

Room Tip: High level rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank steandnick

Our pool is heated. 82 degrees not to mention the hotub, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much.

It is really easy to get around this area of I-Drive and as you mention the Premium Outlets, Convention center, Disney and Universal are all right near by.

Thank you so much for your stay and we look forward to seeing you back next time!