“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #190 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

So glad we found this little gem in Orlando! We travel to the Orlando area several times a year for leisure, to just have a few days away from home to relax and unwind. Lake Eve is located within close proximity to the larger theme parks, yet not right in the mix of the extreme hustle and bustle of the traffic and noise.

We greatly enjoyed the two-bedroom suite at Lake Eve. From our balcony, we had a view of the pool area with the lake beyond. The view of the lake was very pretty as it reflected the bright blue sky. Looking at the photos of the lake on the resort webpage, I had originally thought it must be an edit to make the lake look so nice- but it is just that pretty. Once in a while, you can see a large flamingo or swan shaped paddleboats pass by on the lake.

Our entire family thought the beds were very comfortable, even the teenager that slept on the pull out sofa. The kitchen was an added benefit, giving us the ability to cook and dine in. The fitness center is very limited, but I wasn't really looking to work out during our little vacation anyway.

The room was clean, however, the carpet could use a deep cleaning. I don't think this is so much from a lack of upkeep, I just think maybe the carpet was cheaply made. (But, please, do not let this hold you back from a stay at Lake Eve)

The pool was refreshing! It was not cold, it was not too warm either. One thing that my husband and I enjoyed most about being in the pool area- both swimming and sitting poolside while the children swam -was that there was no overwhelming smell of chlorine. The pool was spotless, we watched the staff vacuum the pool and tend to the water, but it was nice not to be choked by the chemical smell that we have experienced at other resort/hotel pools.

One frustrating thing was the restaurant. Not the food, the food that we did get was fabulous. My husband cheerfully said "this is the best omelet I've ever had." The menu, while not that large, is very inviting. There is something for everyone on the menu. A pleasant balance of pasta dishes, meat dishes, fried foods and a variety of salads. The frustrating part comes from the lack of staff in the restaurant. Those we encountered were friendly and courteous- there should just be more of them. The young lady working the breakfast was wonderful, even though I just ordered a couple of omelets and came back down from our room 40 minutes later to pick it up. At 7pm on a Saturday with a near empty dining room, I did not expect to find there was a 45 minute wait for food. While I appreciated the server letting us know this up front, I was very disappointed. We ended up just going down International Drive for dinner.

Overall, I have to give Lake Eve a Five Star review. The resort was spectacular, in a great location with great rates. Friendly, helpful staff and clean, comfortable suites.

My suggestion to the owners/management may seem insignificant and minute but... there needs to be better signage at the entrance. The Lake Eve resort sign is barely visible when approaching on your side of I-Drive. If we hadn't first come down I-Drive in the opposite direction (the other side of the road) we would have missed you completely.

Looking forward to many more visits to Lake Eve!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank la-gski
LCatena, Front Office Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
We are so glad to hear that we could be a part of a very enjoyable vacation for you. The highlights that you mention, such as our location, the view of Lake Eve and the kitchens are what we pride ourselves on, and we'll be sure to let the chefs know how much you enjoyed the restaurant.

I did catch your suggestions, and I thank you. We definitely are pleased to get all suggestion big and large, as we look forward to providing you an even better stay when you come back :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Beautiful, well maintained facility. Very spacious rooms with plenty of utensils and appliances for an extended stay. Nice pool and hot tub. Very convenient to everything in Sea World area.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BMike1971
Thank you for your very kind review!

But don't forget that while Seaworld is practically right next door, we are right in between both Disney and Universal too, and only 10-15 minutes from any of their parks. And don't forget to ask us for some great tips on hidden restaurants and other activities you can enjoy close by. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip! :-)
Goiania, GO
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel has good location, close to the outlets and theme parks, also located in a quiet neighborhood. Perfect for family travel.The room is really spacious and service is great. The only negative is the carpet , really bad for those who have allergy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank JulianaGoetz
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was vacation for the 1st time in 15 years for more than 2 days. Our church group had 28 rooms and the front desk treated us as if we were the only ones there..very attentive and helped everyone with their bags to the rooms. The rooms were very spacious, clean and ready for most us upon our arrival before check in time. I couldn't have asked for a better location, close to Disney and Universal and lots of places to eat nearby. This is the best vacation spot ever!!!

1 Thank Vivian S
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was great. The suite size is right on point for a family of 6-8. The only two negatives are the Wi-Fi and cleaning service. The Wi-Fi is slow! since my husband and I have online businesses its was truely an inconvenience. The other is the cleaning services. They did not clean our suite for two days....all they did was make up the beds and did not replace our dirty towels. They just wrapped our dirty towels back up and gave them back to us...plus they did not clean the tubs/showers. My husband connect the front desk and they immediately sent someone up to our room, gave us new towels and cleaned the entire suite from top to bottom. The front desk and other staff are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Angela S
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed at many hotels in Orlando but Lake Eve by far is home away from home! All the furnishings are new, condos are clean, the rooms are spacious and the views are amazing, especially at night when the parks have their firework displays. The staff is also friendly and pleasant which is a plus. I have recommended this hotel to family and friends and their experiences have been the same.

4 Thank Wisdom E
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've stayed there twice and will continue to do so on my trips to Orlando. I have absolutely no complaints. Spacious rooms, clean, gracious customer service, beautiful location and reasonably priced -- A++

2 Thank LissetteArencibia