“Great Time, Best quick service in WDW...”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The resort itself is amazing. The pool(s) are awesome, the layout stunning, and the Pepper Grill at El Centro is possibly the best quick-service you can get anywhere in WDW. I work in hospitality so I chose this resort based on the fact they had upgraded to duvets when most other Disney properties still use the old wash 4 times a year comforters. We stayed in Ranchos, so I am unaware of the quality in the other buildings, but even though it was evident that upgrades have been done to the room (fixtures, etc), the overall effect was slightly lacking especially at first glance. That being said, the room did grow on us and was immaculate, the service was exceptional, and we had no issues with noise as other reviewers did. We would stay again, but maybe request a different building to compare.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tmbmjo

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We loved Coronado Springs Resort! It was a beautiful resort!!
The rooms were very clean and the service was amazing!!
The bus service to the theme parks was very easy and not a long wait.
I highly recommend this resort!

We will definitely stay at this resort for our next vacation to Disney!!

1  Thank Suzi71
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We traveled with myself, my husband, my mother in law and our 2 and 4 year old children. First off let me just say the resort is breathtaking! Its gorgeous! I do not understand all of the bad reviews! The lake area is just amazing and makes for a wonderful walk in the evening. We were located in the Rancheros 7000's, right alongside what we called the Quite pool. If we took a small walk around the corner The BIG POOL, or Dig Site as Coranado calls it was right there! The pool was amazing! It has a cute little kiddie pool with fountains and a huge water slide! The life guards were wonderful and held fun contests for the kids(although mine were too young to understand). We were located very close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios! The bus drivers were funny....one even had voices and everything he did for entertainment on the way to Epcot! The longest bus waits were always for the Magic Kingdom but never exceeded 20 minutes. Its the most popular so ofcourse the bus was almost always packed! But other nice visitors that didn't have children to hold were kind to stand and allow us to sit. The value of staying at the resort and using the bus service is awesome! We were given a parking pass to have free parking at all of the parks should be decided to drive our own car there, but we only had to do this once to go to one of our Dining Service Dinners at OHANA(at the Polynesian Resort)!!!!! WHICH BY THE WAY IS A MUST DO!!! It was the most delicious meal and DESSERT our family had ever had. They do it family style you dont order they just bring food and what you like you ask for more, they came around with skewers full of steak, pork, chicken, shrimp! It was HEAVEN! We drove away to Fireworks at Magic Kingdom! The dining plan I think cost us $500 or so for all of us, and we added it all up and if we had paid cash for all of our meals and snacks we would have spent in excess of $950!!!!!!! So if u are hesitant PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT! This was our first trip and we listened to those that had gone before! I know I am jumping around a lot but the excitement was beyond anything I could compare! Our kids faces were PRICELESS!! I will say a must do also is the CHARACTER SPOT at EPCOT! It literally a building with MINNIE MICKEY DONALD GOOFY PLUTO all lined up waiting for you in their own little scenery!!! SO CUTE and worth the 20 minute wait! We never ran into anyone that seemed sad to be at work, everyone was so happy! From the 50 different shops we bought things at to the servers at the resturants, to the hotel staff and as I stated the bus drivers....everything was amazing! The characters are awesome.....they go out of their way to make the kids believe they are REAL! WOODY took my son by the hand and he and my son and another little boy did the CONGA in the Parade at the Magic Kingdom...I BAWLED my eyes out! It was a dream come true! We never really had to do the FAST PASSES which are sorta like a line jumper thing that gets you on the ride quick and tells you to return with ur fast pass at a certain time. The lines were short at this time of year for almost everything! We walked right on to the Tower of Terror! Which was FANTASTIC!! I really could go on and on! The sound quality was not a problem at all in our room, We were on the third floor and the resort was booked solid! We were right outside the pool area and couldn't hear anything from the swimmers outside when our door was closed! The room was exactly as it is depicted here on the page! LOVED the bedding...so cute! The private bathroom with the sliding wood doors was a great feature to have for privacy but also could double for those with an infant as a way to seperate them for bed time, a pack and play can easily fit in that area! We chose to put ours next to our bed because our 2 year old was so pooped at the end of the day she just went right to sleep, the hotel staff even folded the blankets in her pack and play and fluffed her pillow...I LOVED IT! They also played around with our Buzz Light Year and my daughter princesses while were away and would arrange them a different way each day on the bed....we always wondered what we would come back to each evening! Again BOOK THIS RESORT! I promise it wont be a disappointment. Even the bell staff that greets you when you first arrive was awesome...they actually repremanded my hubby for getting his own luggage out of our car....they said its your vacation....let us do the work!AMAZING AMAZING!!! LOVE LOVE LOVED IT and cannot wait to book our next Disney Vacation...Oh and one more thing, if you want a place where its calm and relaxing and not so high paced...this is the place for u....WHen we ate at the Polynesion(its a Deluxe Resort) it was an AWESOME dinner, but OHANA is popular so the Resort is always hopping!!! I really enjoyed our peaceful surroundings at the end of the day! Thanks Disney for making our dreams come true! OH AND PEPPER MARKET WAS AWESOME FOOD!

4  Thank AmberandDavid2011
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had a great stay! Our room was in the Ranchos. At first I thought that I would not like being so far from El Centro. But it is really not that far and it is a beautiful walk. Our room was quiet and clean. The queen beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious compared to a value resort room. Mousekeeping did all kinds of fun things with the kids stuffed animals which was fun to come home to after being at the parks all day. The food quality at the Pepper Market was excellent. Cafe Rix was also good and they will let you convert a quick or table service into three snacks if you want.
The bus service to and from the parks was good and never waited more than 10 minutes. We will be staying at the Coronado Springs again the next time we visit.

1  Thank bamafans1
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I love disney world. Staying at a disney hotel is great. We stayed here last year for our honeymoon and loved. This time we had a room in the Ranchos. We requested Casitas or Cabanas. But we were happy with being close to the pool but far from the food/shop area.It was a minor gripe but nothing bad. I was happy with the room and service and everything until the 2nd to last night. We got back from a long day at the parks and we saw a cockroach in the bathroom. I tried getting it but it squeezed itself into a crack in the wall that wasnt caulked at all. I was able to pull the pipe from the wall. We immediately called the front desk. They said to get our stuff ready and someone would be there quickly to help transport our stuff and get new key cards.
An hour and a half later and after a few attempts to get a manager on the phone we were put to another room which was just around the corner so most likely there were cock roaches still in the walls. This room was the pipe did not wiggle. But i have a 5 year old and its 1130 at night. We need to get to bed. It was crazy. We didnt get anything like a sorry. They didnt get our magical express envelope right. I had to take time to call transportation and get it all straighten out. Never Coronado Again.

3  Thank acshaner
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and I were at Coronado Springs for a conference for several days. We mixed in some Disney parks with our business. The convention center is very nice and well equipped to accommodate TONS of people -- it is HUGE!

We had no problem checking in. The resort was almost fully booked, and when we arrived on Friday afternoon, we were checked in immediately. The concierge was very helpful. Our room was very nice. It was very clean and new-looking. We stayed in Casita 4422 next to the quiet pool. Even with the resort booked, with both business travelers and families, we did not notice a great deal of noise. Our room was a 5 minute walk from the lobby and restaurants, but the walk didn't bother us. The buses to and from the parks stop behind the rooms, so we didn't have to walk to the lobby to get a bus. They run every 15 minutes or so.

We didn't eat in the restaurants at the resort -- but we were told they were expensive ($30 - $40 for breakfast for two), but that's par for Disney resorts. We usually picked up a pastry or croissant sandwich ($7) for breakfast -- they were good.

I would definitely consider using this resort to come back with family. It is moderately priced and had everything we would need or want for a trip in which we aren't spending the whole time in the room! It's really close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Just going to sum it up. No wifi in room but slow old school enet that is $10 per day. Dead spots everywhere as well. $60 cab ride from airport or an hour on a disney bus carrying recreational tourists. Drinks at Rex's bar are $10+. Poor staff. Food choices are really lacking on proprty. The conference food was only slightly better. Nickel and dime city but hey, it's Disney. Too many logistical issues and just not laid out well at all.

• Stayed: February 2011