“Mui bueno!”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I recently stayed at the Coronado Springs during a national IRS conference and this was the second time I had stayed there. The conference facilities were outstanding--but wait--you are reading this for a review of the hotel in general!

The hotel has many buildings ranging from the 1110-1491 building which is closest to the conference facilities/dining through the 9500-9657 buildings. The buildings are in a circle around Lago Dorado or a big lagoon. The buildings are labeled Casitas (Bldgs 1-5) Ranchos (Bldgs 6-7) and Cabanas (Bldgs 8-9)The buildings in the 4000 to 8000 range are the farthest away from the main building. I stayed in 7500 and I had to drive to the main building. my room had two double beds, a small table and two chairs for dining in room and a small fridge and coffee maker. The room was clean and everything was in order. It was a little above average. I travel alot on government business and I would stay here again on business. The dining facilities (Pepper Market La Tienda or the Maya Grille) were much over priced but offered a variety of foods. The hotel was undergoing construction in the lobby and some of it was blocked off. Parking is nightmarish during conferences so beware to leave extra early. I did not visit the pools but was told that they are very nice. I was also told by a co worker that he could not find the health club! There is a shuttle around the resort if needed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank MarleneU
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stayed at Coronado during a reduced price & free dining promotion. We were warned it's more of a convention hotel, so it lacks that Disney flair. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find it a quiet stay, as Disney hotels are usually overrun with out of control children. We requested a waterview room, and got one with a great view of MGM Studios and fireworks shows as well. There are numerous bus stops across the property, and we always had a bus within ten mns of waiting (which is more than I can say for All Stars). The pool area had kids space AND adult space, and there were quiet adult pools across the property, too.

The bar was under renovation, so that was a little disapointing, but the staff was courteous, professional, and helped us every step of the way. ALSO- a big plus is that the Coronado bus stops are pretty high up in the Disney bus stop food chain. With other resorts it seemed like a long walk from the park entrance to the bus stop- which is especcially nasty in the florida heat… but Coronado's was always right out front. That was much appreciated. Our room was always stocked with coffee, and room service came quickly.

Overall, I'd suggest this resort for adults staying at Disney who want a little quiet time. Since it is a convention hall, as well as hotel, it's calm and peaceful- a nice departure from the parks which are crowded during all times of the year.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank adooling
Reviewed September 14, 2007

I took my 11 year old niece here because I had seen the pool previously and thought she may like it. (I was right!). The Jaguar slide was a HIT, and I even went down it a few times myself. Another plus is their large Jacuzzi spa, and the fact that one can swim in the main pool or the other smaller “quiet” pools scattered about the property until midnight. After a hot day walking around the theme parks a relaxing late evening swim is fantastic!

I found the Pepper Market fine for breakfast, lots of choices and average prices. We never tried any other meals there eating instead at the parks. I had wanted to try the Maya Grill restaurant for dinner, but their menu was quite uninspired so we went to Downtown Disney instead to Wolfgang Puck.

The bus services offered by Disney worked great, we never had to wait long and were able to go everywhere we wanted with ease.

Service was great all around and our stay was hassle free and exceeded my expectations.

This is a comfortable and fun hotel. Not luxury, but comfortable and fun for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank ckinsobe
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Coronado Springs from August 30th through September 4th! We had stayed off property before and had a horrible stay but this time we decided to stay on property because we had a good deal!

We had read alot of this resort and it was very big just like everyone said but I'm glad we knew that in advance so we weren't surprised or anything! We had a nice room in Casitas 1 which was pretty close to the bus station, front desk, and restaurants, but far from any pool. But that's ok cause we didn't use the pool that much, we stayed at the park most of the days!

Definitely don't waste your time in the Pepper Market. We didn't get the chance to go to the Maya Grill because we had the dining plan and had most of our sit down meals at the parks. The pepper market wasn't that confusing but it wasn't that great. The food was stuff you can get at home but for a whole lot more expensive. You should eat at the Park or Downtown Disney if you can!

Only down side that I saw was that the you could hear EVERYTHING! You could here when anyone in your complex flushed the toitlet! And you could hear people walking around outside! Also we requested a king size bed and got 2 doubles, when we know the hotel was not so busy that we couldn't get another room. But we were told there was no other!

Overall the resort was ok, it was small and slightly dingy but it had a bed! And we were able to crash there every night after long days at the park!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank texas07
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed at Disney's Coronado Springs for a work convention in August 2007. Just a warning to those planning a family trip - this resort really caters to conventions. There were approximately 2,000 people at this convention so add to that their families and the hotel was almost completely overrun by this convention.
Overall it was a nice resort. Grounds were kept clean and the pools were great. The main pool at the Dig Site was very crowded every day and the quiet pools were also at full capacity - it was hard finding a chair at any pool unless you got there real early. Food left a little to be desired. The rooms were ok but are in need of an update in my opinion.
Shuttle buses to the Disney parks are great - not sure whey anyone would drive on their own to the parks. The buses are definitely the easiest way to travel. I guess if you're planning on staying at Disney's Coronado Springs - try to somehow find out if a convention is going on before you book your stay. I would not go back on my own and probably wouldn't recommend it to friends for a family trip. I'd stay at another Disney resort that does not cater to such large concention groups.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank NYCchic1
Reviewed September 4, 2007

First let me say that I had serious reservation about staying here after reading many bad reviews. First off, if someone was unhappy with their room location then they didn't do any reasearch about this resort. I checked many websites and found that the best building was 8A. It sits smack dab between a bus stop and the pool. But I am getting ahead of myself.

We arrived at C.S. around 12pm and had little to no wait to check in. The counter person was very nice and answered any questions that we had. I did reaserch on the resort and found that many people stated that building 8A was the best for pool proxcimity. I requested that building and was informed that a room would be ready by 4:30. Called to check at 2pm and it was ready ahead of schedule. We returned to the resort found that all our luggage had been delivered . We are a pillow hogs and always need more and when we called mousekeeping to have more pillows and towel brought up they responded quickly. The rooms are not overly large ( but hey, you're at Disney World. Did your really come all this way to stay in your room?) and the beds are only doubles not queens (really my only complaint). If your are a large person in girth or highth you might consider booking a suit or going off site as all disney restorts rooms are standard with double beds. The shower had great water pressure and never ran out of hot water

The pool was great for the kids. The deepest it got was 4 1/2 feet As this is a convention hotel there were still a good amount of kids there without it being over run with kids. My kids loved the waterslide (so did I!) and the arcade and the play area. I loved the pool side bar and the stackes of extra towels .

The best thing thing that I can say is that C.S. has its own bus system. Meaning that it didn't share with other resorts as many did. When we would arrive at the parks our bus stop was very close to the gates and when we would leave at night there was never more than 20 people waiting to catch a bus back. Only one time was there more than that, I felt very sorry for the people staying at the value resorts. Their lines were huge and I just know that they waited forever to get back their resort plus their bus stop at the parks were the farthes away for the gates.

In a nut shell our stay was great. As I said befor, my only dissapointment was in the beds but I would have had the same thing at any other property. We will go back next year.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank mereg
Reviewed September 1, 2007

I had to stay at this hotel for a conference and its nasty. Especially nasty in the hot sweaty month of August. I found bugs in my room on several occsions and the rooms are old, dirty and need SERIOUS updating. The beds do not even have dusters on them, GHETTO! I would not recommend this hotel, spend a few extra bucks and go to the Gaylord. VERY disappointing!!! The pepper market is nasty too, and WAY expensive for what it is. $16 for a small pizza and water, gimme a break. I could spend that at CPK instead and actually want to eat the food.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business