“you pay for the ,atmosphere”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #168 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Reading, Ma
“you pay for the ,atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2007

We went to this resort with my husband who had a conference for 5 days, his company paid for the first 2 nights and we paid a reduced rate for the remaining three. The place was huge, you did need a shuttle to take you to the pool and lobby, it took the magical express forever to bring our luggage to the room.
I can't believe I am complaining about a Disney resort of this caliber. It was beautiful, and the staff friendly and helpful. However, the housekeeping is little to be desired. Maybe they knew our room was discounted, we had no hot water for a whole day, they did fix it the following morning. The maid never replaced our dirty glasses for clean ones until after the 3rd day. opening the drawers to the bureau, my son found a pair of ladies underpants left behind from a previous guest, a gross oversight on behalf of housekeeping. I usually don't use strange drawers anyway , it's a good thing!
I thought there would be waitress service at the pool, nope. The pool deck was scorching hot you couldn't even walk to the bar (which was quite a walk depending on the side you are on) with bare feet you would burn them.
On the plus side, with no notice whatsoever a staff member got a birthday cake and delivered it to the pool for my b-day per my husbands request, she went out of her way to do so.
The food was ok, The Maya Grill pricey, you couldn't eat there with kids.
I would probably stay at a value resort next time.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank suecas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,545)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Woodbridge, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Our stay here was disappointing but I was prepared for it based upon prior reviews I read. The rooms are small, the size of the "resort" is absurdly large, and the rooms are in need of updating. We stayed in Section 6A. Most of the Disney hotels only offer double beds and they need to revisit this preference as American Families are traveling with teenagers and not only small children. Food was pricey and not very good. I would never return. I've stayed at the Polynesian Resort several years ago and it wasn't much better but twice the price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the small room and double beds
4 Thank Cheryl E
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

Just returned from my first solo trip to Disney World. I wanted to stay on a Disney property so that I wouldn't have to worry about transportation and getting around. I thought Coronado Springs might be nice for a woman traveling alone, since it caters to business travelers.

I thought the room was nicer than average. It was well-decorated and nothing looked worn down. The bed was very comfortable, and the air conditioner worked well. The grounds were beautiful - design was definitely reminiscent of large Mexican resorts I've stayed at in the past.

Food at the Pepper Market was mediocre (seemed to be typical or maybe above average for Disney food). Definitely recommend buying the resort mug for $11.99 with free soft-drink refills.

My only complaint was the great distance between my room and the front desk, the big pool (Dig Site), and restaurants. I don't normally mind walking, but when it's 98 degrees outside, it was a bit much (this on top of the miles walked each day at the parks) I was in casitas 2, and it took 11-12 minutes to walk to the big pool. The quiet pool was right outside my room, but I wanted access to the bar and concession stand!

I wouldn't stay at this resort during hot summer months again, but would definitely consider it during cooler weather.

• Liked — room, easy access to transportation, solitude
  • Disliked — resort too big for walking in August
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank Joeylf
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

Stayed here 8/11-8/14/07. We loved the theming of this hotel. It is large, but easy to drive around. There's a beautiful path that takes you around the lake - makes for a great walk. My kids LOVED the pool with the slide. We ate dinner at the Pepper Market, and my dish was delicious. The rooms are a little small, but clean and well staffed. There are bunnies hopping around the gardens everywhere, and beautiful flowers. Several wonderful photo ops. Would recommend this hotel, and stay here again!!

• Liked — pool, cleanliness, theming
  • Disliked — the room and beds were a little small
6 Thank BaseballFan5
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

My mom and I stayed at this spacious, clean, and quiet Disney hotel on our last trip to Walt Disney World. It is a lovely hotel. It has all of the ammenities of a Disney hotel, but it is quieter and more relaxed.

The hotel is quite large as it also accomodates conferences and weddings. So, we did a lot of walking around the resort to get to the main lobby and restaurants. However, the bus stops and pools were all conveniently located very close to our room.

If you are looking for a hotel that is situated in the heart of the Disney Parks, Coronado Springs is a great choice!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank misskoka
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

We just returned from the Coranado. We booked on line and asked for a specific room and was given that room. As you have read, it is a very large resort. We had a room near the dig Site (pool with nice water slide and a bar with food), but dining was a walk. We never ate at the Mayan restauranat. All and all the room was clean, maid service was great, grounds were very nice and clean. We loved the pool at the dig site. The slide was awesome. We never used the guiet pool. As far as the bus transportation, it was good except when you wanted to go to downtown disney. We waited an hour. I kept using the phone at the bus terminal and calling and they would always say that they were on there way. We did the disney dining plan. What a lot of food. We never used all the counter service. We ate at the Coranado counter area called the Market Place a few times because it was convenient. We really didn't like the food. It was very confusing. You can only choose one station and whatever food was available was what you got. For instance, my son wanted waffles with bacon and a muffin, but at the waffle station they didn't have bacon so he would have to go over to the station that had the bacon, but they would count that as a snack. So instead of having 1 breakfast taken off your meal plan, they would take a breakfast and a snack. The next time we ate there, I gave him some of my bacon. Disney world was soooo crowded. We had gone four years ago, and it was not this crowded. We couldn't use our fast pass unless we were there first thing in the morning. When we used the extra hours at night, you couldn't use your fast pass because they were all given out for the day. One day we got to the park around 2:00 and the fast pass were all gone. It was very irritating because some of the lines were 1 to 2 hours wait.

As far as Disney goes, it's way to crowded. It was so hot, which we expected, but standing in lines for that long was exhuasting. I will not be returning to Disney in the future. With all the building of condo's and more resorts, I couldn't imagine how being with thousands of people, waiting in long long lines, would ever appeal to me as a vacation.

We also went to Bush Gardens, what a relief from Disney. Now that was a nice relaxing, enjoyable day.

The review was mainly for the Coronado and I just want to say it was comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's just too much walking from one place to another. Not something you want to do after walking all day. When we went four years ago, we statyed at the Wilderness Lodge. That is what I would recommend. It's a deluxe resort, but well worth it. They have a pool with a slide and also bus and boat transportation. Also please make sure you make reservation at the California Grille on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort. Their Filet Mignon is out of this world. We were glad we were on the dining plan as our meal for that evening cost $270.00, but worth every penny.

I Hope this review helps. Enjoy your vacation.

• Liked — It was close to the dig site pool and was quiet.
  • Disliked — The front desk, restaurants and gift shops were too far away.
6 Thank JaKeW
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Coronado Springs Resort during a quick trip to Orlando to celebrate her birthday. This was the 3rd different resort we've tried for our 4 trips to WDW since 2003. I did lots of reading and was prepared for the size. In short, the theming was incredible, the staff very friendly and accommodating and the room quiet and comfortable. We were able to start each morning with a swim in the quiet pool (and it was indeed peaceful and quiet at 8am) outside our room and end each day with a swim in the wonderfully themed main pool at The Dig Site. The most pleasant surprise was The Pepper Market. I had read some questionable reviews, but we ate there for breakfast and lunch and found the selection quite extensive and the food to be very good. I don't understand why some people state that it's confusing. You are seated and brought drinks, given a card and then you browse the various 'vendors' to pick your items. The 'vendors' stamp your card showing what you have chosen. You can relax, eat and go for more, only having to stop to pay when you are ready to leave.

We very much enjoyed every aspect of our stay and have already booked the hotel again for our next WDW vacation.

• Liked — Look and theming
  • Disliked — Pool bar closed early
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple