“Really enjoyed the Coronado Springs”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #168 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Illinois
“Really enjoyed the Coronado Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

Stayed here 8/11-8/14/07. We loved the theming of this hotel. It is large, but easy to drive around. There's a beautiful path that takes you around the lake - makes for a great walk. My kids LOVED the pool with the slide. We ate dinner at the Pepper Market, and my dish was delicious. The rooms are a little small, but clean and well staffed. There are bunnies hopping around the gardens everywhere, and beautiful flowers. Several wonderful photo ops. Would recommend this hotel, and stay here again!!

• Liked — pool, cleanliness, theming
  • Disliked — the room and beds were a little small
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank BaseballFan5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,545)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

My mom and I stayed at this spacious, clean, and quiet Disney hotel on our last trip to Walt Disney World. It is a lovely hotel. It has all of the ammenities of a Disney hotel, but it is quieter and more relaxed.

The hotel is quite large as it also accomodates conferences and weddings. So, we did a lot of walking around the resort to get to the main lobby and restaurants. However, the bus stops and pools were all conveniently located very close to our room.

If you are looking for a hotel that is situated in the heart of the Disney Parks, Coronado Springs is a great choice!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank misskoka
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

We just returned from the Coranado. We booked on line and asked for a specific room and was given that room. As you have read, it is a very large resort. We had a room near the dig Site (pool with nice water slide and a bar with food), but dining was a walk. We never ate at the Mayan restauranat. All and all the room was clean, maid service was great, grounds were very nice and clean. We loved the pool at the dig site. The slide was awesome. We never used the guiet pool. As far as the bus transportation, it was good except when you wanted to go to downtown disney. We waited an hour. I kept using the phone at the bus terminal and calling and they would always say that they were on there way. We did the disney dining plan. What a lot of food. We never used all the counter service. We ate at the Coranado counter area called the Market Place a few times because it was convenient. We really didn't like the food. It was very confusing. You can only choose one station and whatever food was available was what you got. For instance, my son wanted waffles with bacon and a muffin, but at the waffle station they didn't have bacon so he would have to go over to the station that had the bacon, but they would count that as a snack. So instead of having 1 breakfast taken off your meal plan, they would take a breakfast and a snack. The next time we ate there, I gave him some of my bacon. Disney world was soooo crowded. We had gone four years ago, and it was not this crowded. We couldn't use our fast pass unless we were there first thing in the morning. When we used the extra hours at night, you couldn't use your fast pass because they were all given out for the day. One day we got to the park around 2:00 and the fast pass were all gone. It was very irritating because some of the lines were 1 to 2 hours wait.

As far as Disney goes, it's way to crowded. It was so hot, which we expected, but standing in lines for that long was exhuasting. I will not be returning to Disney in the future. With all the building of condo's and more resorts, I couldn't imagine how being with thousands of people, waiting in long long lines, would ever appeal to me as a vacation.

We also went to Bush Gardens, what a relief from Disney. Now that was a nice relaxing, enjoyable day.

The review was mainly for the Coronado and I just want to say it was comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's just too much walking from one place to another. Not something you want to do after walking all day. When we went four years ago, we statyed at the Wilderness Lodge. That is what I would recommend. It's a deluxe resort, but well worth it. They have a pool with a slide and also bus and boat transportation. Also please make sure you make reservation at the California Grille on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort. Their Filet Mignon is out of this world. We were glad we were on the dining plan as our meal for that evening cost $270.00, but worth every penny.

I Hope this review helps. Enjoy your vacation.

• Liked — It was close to the dig site pool and was quiet.
  • Disliked — The front desk, restaurants and gift shops were too far away.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank JaKeW
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Coronado Springs Resort during a quick trip to Orlando to celebrate her birthday. This was the 3rd different resort we've tried for our 4 trips to WDW since 2003. I did lots of reading and was prepared for the size. In short, the theming was incredible, the staff very friendly and accommodating and the room quiet and comfortable. We were able to start each morning with a swim in the quiet pool (and it was indeed peaceful and quiet at 8am) outside our room and end each day with a swim in the wonderfully themed main pool at The Dig Site. The most pleasant surprise was The Pepper Market. I had read some questionable reviews, but we ate there for breakfast and lunch and found the selection quite extensive and the food to be very good. I don't understand why some people state that it's confusing. You are seated and brought drinks, given a card and then you browse the various 'vendors' to pick your items. The 'vendors' stamp your card showing what you have chosen. You can relax, eat and go for more, only having to stop to pay when you are ready to leave.

We very much enjoyed every aspect of our stay and have already booked the hotel again for our next WDW vacation.

• Liked — Look and theming
  • Disliked — Pool bar closed early
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank WDW_Coach
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

Hotel was very nice and very spread out. Pools were nice. My daughter loved the slide at the main pool. Room was very clean, but a standard hotel room.

The staff was always very friendly and helpful. We took advantage of the buses to and from the parks and the magical land express. If you plan to stay only within the parks this is a good idea. You don't have to pay for parking and you get dropped off right at the gate. If you decide to go to Wal-Mart like we did to get food for your stay you'll have to rent a car. The hotel shuttle will only stay inside the Disney World Resort.

My family and I stayed at the hotel while attending a national conference and all though we were given a great price it was still too high for what you get. Internet service is $10 a day. To my understanding that was for wireless as well.

The Pepper Market was ok. The food about fast food quality. Nothing to write home about. The do have the souvineer cup for $11 with free refills for your stay. That wasn't a bad deal. You could also use the cup at the main pool. The other resturant we didn't try.

The day we were to leave our flight was canceled and we had to stay at a hotel next to the airport. For $69 a night was got a couch int he room that folded out into a bed, a microwave, a good size in room safe and frige, and a free breakfast and free in-room highspeed internet service.

The stay was not terrible, but when we go back we will definately find a better priced hotel or stay off property.

The parks themselves were packed. Just massive amounts of people and rude. The cast members were always very friendly and helpful, but the other people att he parks were just rude.

I would love to go during the off season to be able to enjoy it better.

As a whole the only complaint is the price of the hotel with what you get. The trip was wonderful and we all enjoyed it.

• Liked — Nice main pool and 3 other smaller pools.
  • Disliked — Price for the things you didn't get.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed here August 19 - 26, 2006, our first time at a Disney property. We utilized the Magic Express from the airport and I loved not having to deal with luggage upon arrival. We found the arrivals counter, got the rest of our materials, and waited in line (15-20 mins) to board the bus to Disney. Check-in (11:30am-ish) was a breeze and the cast member was very friendly and answered any questions we had with ease. We walked to our room, a quick 7 min walk, to check it out. Room was very clean and we received the king bed requested. We took the bus (which was behind our room cluster and past the parking lot) to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately, when we arrived back (4pm-ish) our luggage had not yet arrived. Not a problem when we first got there since we had flown in appropriate attire to be out and about. However, we had dinner reservations at 6pm and needed to change and clean-up beforehand. My husband called a couple of times and the staff was courteous and said they would look into it. Shortly after the second call, our luggage arrived (around 5pm) just in the knick of time!

The rest of our stay was great. Any time we had a question for the staff, they were able to answer it or would find out. They helped us add on a waterpark for the day. The room was always clean and had fresh towels. We kept valuables in the room safe and never had an issue. We liked the Pepper Market when we ate there and the main restaurant was very good as well. We had a "quiet" pool within our cluster, which wasn't really so much since there were usually kids in it until its close at midnight. We were so tired though and didn't really mind! The main pool was pretty neat and has a water slide. We utilized the pool and hot tub in the evenings upon our return from the parks. It was also a very quiet property. I had a massage while we were there, the spa was in our cluster area. I was able to book for the day I wanted, only a couple of days in advance. Great idea for my sore and tired body! Nothing out of this world, a typical one hour Sweedish massage. There was also a fitness area within the spa section, we did not use it since we got our exercise in the parks every day.

We would definitely stay here again. It wasn't centrally located to the parks, but that wasn't really a problem for us since we only came back to the resort at the end of the day and the long bus ride was a nice rest for tired feet and legs!

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank mnorman13
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

I stayed at Coronado Springs for my honeymoon, July 16th – 24th I loved every minute of it. It was my first time there since I was 6years old and just like many of you, I read the endless reviews wondering if I made the right decision, to pay a little less on the hotel and spend a little more at the parks. I did! If you are not looking for a fancy room, but something accommodating then stay in the moderate hotels. While we were there we stopped at the many hotels, all have there own theme which is neat but if you are going without children I would highly recommend Coronado. Being a convention center too, there were minimum children even for JULY!! The Dig (main pool) was never too crowded, and the smaller pools always had a minimum amount (at least near the Casitas where we stayed). Since this hotel is very large, there are benefits to each different area (casitas, ranchos, cabanas etc.) My grandparents visit Disney at least once a year and always stay in the Casitas. We also stayed in the Casitas and it’s not to far from the main lobby, food, and very close to Bus Station 2. This is the first Bus Stop to Coronado, so you usually get the first pick of seats, which is great especially in the evening when everyone seems to be going to dinner or to Downtown Disney. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and very accommodating. They actually had planned for us to stay in a different room, but I wanted to see the map of the resort and pick for myself, which they were more then willing to do, if there were rooms available since we were checking in early (10AM!) One thing that was somewhat of a pain, was housekeeping. Since the resort is so big, it does take them awhile to get to every room. They always seemed to be cleaning our room from 2-4, this was the time we were returning from the parks and heading for showers. Many times, we would just ask her for towels, so we wouldn’t have to wait for her to clean everything. We stayed 8 days and she probably only cleaned our room 4 or 5 times. One thing that was not positive for me was the resort food (the Pepper Market and the Maya Grill). I had read mixed reviews and wanted to decide for myself. The Pepper Market is confusing and the food is not so great. I truly believe this is a preference thing.
Aside from the room- listen when they say, do not go to the parks for the early magic hours (the park is packed!!) Always get to the park an hour before any fireworks or parades if you want to get a seat. If you are not into seeing the parades or fireworks, do not attend any park from 9-10. I would suggest anyone no matter what age to see Fantasmic, it is the best show Disney offers! The parks were crowded and many were rude but I wasn’t expecting anything less since this is the parks busiest time. However, everyone who worked there were fantastic. We wore “Just Married” pins and we wore the Mickey and Minnie wedding ears and we received much attention and special or free things!! Any honeymooners at least get to the pins since they are free! The hats are great too and worth the money. If you are hopping from park to park using the bus station, use the transfer center and the monorail and the boats as much as possible, they sound slower but are much faster then any bus. The buses only come around every 20 minutes and we did wait for them much longer then 20minutes on many occasions.
DINING PLAN!! You are stupid if you do not get it. For a little more then one week, we added up our receipts and we spent a little more then 1,000 on food alone. However, we only paid around $400 for the dining plan. We saved $600!!! Prices at Disney are by no means cheap. A snack could cost you $10 alone! Dinner was always over $80 for two and many times over $100. Trust me I thought $400 was a lot but that is nothing! Use the DINING PLAN it’s worth it! Also make reservations for each and every restaurant that allows you. We did, so we had no problems, but many times while we were waiting because we arrived early, everyone was turned away because the restaurant was booked for the entire evening. Again, we did go at the busiest time of the year, but they do book fast!
I could go on and on about the parks, the resort, the restaurants etc. If you have any questions, please I know I felt this way when others advised me to contact them, but it is definitely worth it to talk to someone if it is your first time visiting.
Words of advice, always have a plan when going to the parks, make reservations for dinner, and ask if you don’t know where something is, the cast members are terrific! I’ll post pictures at a later date.

Stayed July 2007