“Best "strategic" hotel, and, it's beautiful!”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Here's the deal, the hotel itself is big and REALLY nice. The best part is, because it is a convention center, A LOT of the guests are on business and NOT flooding buses to and from the parks. I am a Disney expert. I've been there nearly 17 times and I'm only 26. It has been my experience that Magic Kingdom after the fireworks and nearing park closing is utter mayhem. Every hotel as a line at its bus stops EXCEPT the Coronado Springs. That's right, we walked right passed the crowd, through the non-existent line, and onto the bus, and looked sympathetically on those poor souls waiting on their last line of night after a long hot day with aching feet. Not for me, I will only stay at this hotel from now on!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank MissNYC1979
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Reviewed April 22, 2007

For a hotel in the land of magic, there is nothing magical about this hotel. Yes, it is in the park and yes there is free shuttle to all the attractions - which are great and the hotel actually handles the shuttle very well. However, everything else was a mess here. We checked in and were promised a room with a parlor - no room with a parlor. Front Desk says "we are sold out" which translates to me as "yea, maybe we screwed up but too bad for you". No one offered to help with the bags, I had to ask - and then was told "did you make an appointment"???--to pick up bags? 20 years of staying in hotels and thought I heard it all. My daughter got sick in the room, asked the housekeeper to help clean up. Her reply "no, I am going to lunch" - are you serious???

We were attending a conference at the Coronado so we had no choice where to stay unfortunately. The conference had many problems too and the staff did not seem to care about that either.

If I ever dare to go back to Orlando it will not be here, count on that. I am use to staying at hotels where the staff is helpful - and trust me (and many of the other reviews) this hotel needs a lot of help.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Jerseyboy27
Reviewed April 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this resort during a convention and really thought it might be the best Disney resort for families with smaller children.

The pool area with the Mayan 'dig' was just amazing. Water slides, sand boxes, playground, kiddie pool, wading pool...it had it all.

The rooms are what you'd expect of a moderately-priced Disney resort, but had all that families would need, including a refrigerator. After all. it's not about spending time in the room.

The Disney Magical Express is a great and affordable (free) way to get to and from the airport, which is 35 minutes away.

Resort features kid-friendly restaurants also, and boat and paddle boat rentals.

Overall great family resort.

Stayed: April 2007
8  Thank foodwinechickie
Reviewed April 19, 2007

We booked a great Florida resident rate for a weekend in February 2007. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little nervous about choosing this hotel, but the price could not be beat (cheaper than the Value resorts!) I am so glad that we chose this hotel, as our stay was amazing and we did not experience any of the negatives mentioned in earlier reviews. In addition, there was a conference going on during our stay, which had no effect on us having a great time.
Even though we arrived around 9:00am, the super friendly desk agent immediately checked us in to our room, which was in the Casitas. The desk agent gave us very detailed directions of how to get around the resort and was very helpful.
Having stayed in other Disney resorts, there was a slight difference between this and the value resorts, but not too much. As per all Disney hotels, the room was spotless. The area was gorgeous around the hotel and we enjoyed very much walking around.
In regards to the golf cart shuttles, we were asked three times if we needed a ride while taking a twenty minute walk around the resort. Some of the drivers even begged us to hop on, and we are young and fit 20 somethings. I really did not see anyone having any trouble finding a ride around the resort.
The pool area was great and not crowded at all. In addition, the food court area was very nice. Everyone was very friendly and the food was above average. We did not have the Disney dining plan because of our short stay and we did not think that the food was overpriced or "tricky" as long as you attention.
We really enjoyed our stay here. One night we did not want to go to Pleasure Island and stayed at the little bar to watch a basketball game (GO GATORS!). There was a lot of action, but it is all away from the guest rooms, so when we wanted to go to bed, it was very quiet and comfortable. All of the cast members were extremely helpful, from check in to the gift shop. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 032711o
Reviewed April 19, 2007

We are a Disney family and have made it our mission to try to stay at every Disney esort. This year it was Coronado Springs. In general, we had a very pleasant stay. First the positive: The grounds are gorgeous! It was peaceful and serene and a beautiful walk in the morning. The pool was excellnt....my 9 year old son had a ball. They had a great water slide and enough chairs to accomodate guests even when we showed up at the pool at 1:00 in the afternoon. I mean we didn't get seats right by the water's edge, but at least we were able to find chairs, which isn't always the case at other resorts. the location is great, too. It seems close to most parks. The bus ride was not long to all of the major parks, and that helps when you are carting a 9 year old and a 9 month old from park to park. Overall, a nice stay. A few negatives: The food court was annoying!! I enjoy the open food court where you can walk in, seat yourself, grab a quick bite and a snack and be on your way. The Pepper Mill was more of a restaurant than a food court. You had to wait to be seated, you had to wait for someone to bring you your drinks, then you had to take this annoying little card to different stations and wait for the person to serve you THEN stamp your card. THEN you had to bring your card to the cashier and wait to pay!! I have two boys and there is no wait or sit in either of them so that was a problem. My only other complaint was the maid service. It either came late or not at all!! Other thanthat it really was a nice vacation. A good mid level resort.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank JaniceNJ
Reviewed April 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and we loved it. The grounds are large but they are beautiful with lots of fountains, foliage and a beautiful lagoon. The food at the Pepper Market was great. We stayed in the Casitas and had a standard room. I liked the Casitas very much but might choose the Cabanas if I was going back. The rooms are nothing amazing, but they have nice theming and have everything you need for when you aren't busy in the parks. This is one of the quieter Disney hotels that I have stayed in and I found it really relaxing. The pool is great and it has a small water slide. The grounds are beautiful so make sure you take the time to walk through all of the different areas or enjoy some time in the hammocks.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LAStravel
Reviewed April 15, 2007

Comfortable and clean, convenient and low on children: these are all things that describe the Coronado Springs.

Through the past 5 years or so, I've stayed at all the Disney moderate properties, most recently at the Coronado Springs in early 2007. I would recommend them all but give the edge to either this property or the old Dixie Landings.

Coronado Springs offers a great advantage if you are not there for a conference. This hotel is one of Disney's main convention properties. Conventioners tend to follow a schedule that is different from the normal Disney guest. This means, so long as you stay our of their way, you'll feel like you have the property to yourself. This includes using the boats, on the beach, and at the pool. The conventions only really get in the way around 9am at breakfast and midday at lunch. But, if you're up hitting the parks, you'll be out of there well before then. It was a nice change from the crowded rush you get at the other properties with everyone trying to make it to the parks in the morning.

Because Coronado Springs is geared more to business people there are fewer children than at the other properties. This is generally an advantage whether or not you're bringing your own kids along.

Of note is the fact Coronado Springs is, on average, the closest moderate resort to the parks. (Significantly closer than Port Orleans and similar to Caribbean Beach) If you're taking Disney transit you'll save oodles of time.

The Pepper Market is also one of the better Disney food courts I've been to. The prices are high but no different than you'll find anywhere else on the property.

The entire resort embodies the typical Disney magic you would expect and if you're planning to stay on Disney property you won't go wrong here. The new Magic Express and dining option plus extra magic hours make it well worth your while.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple