“Daughters and Mother Retreat”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Richmond, Virginia
“Daughters and Mother Retreat”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My 22 and 23 daughters and I recently spent a week at CS. Honestly, I don't understand the negative reviews. Let me say this was a last minute trip, and I requested a ground floor room, close to the bus stop when I confirmed our reservation. I didn't expect to have my requests met, due to the time crunch. I was pleasantly surprised to not only have my request met, but exceeded because the pool and health spa was just steps from my room! Go Disney! The worst part of this resort was the soccer teams running unbridled around the resort at all hours of the night. A quick call to security fixed that in a hurry. Our room was immaculate. The tub did seem to need a bit of a reglaze, but it was never dirty. I am very picky about clean tubs, too. It is my opinion that there are more young children/ family friendly resorts at Disney. The value resorts are great for them, and adults as well. I would say CS is more adult/business oriented, and was designed to be, as it is a convention center. My daughters and I had a blast at Rix Lounge, where there is a good DJ on Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. We ate at Peppers for lunch almost everyday and the food was mediocre to very good to delicious. If you are on the QS dining plan, you are NOT required to pay a gratuity. It is very different from the other quick serve food courts, as is Rix Cafe. For example, at the value resorts there are lots of different beverages from which to choose for your refillable mug. At the Cafe, there is only Coke products like you would find at a typical fast food restaurant. The Dig Site is great, but only if it is not overrun by unsupervised tweens and teens. As far as smoking, I never saw anyone smoking outside of designated smoking areas. One man had a cigar at the quiet pool, but it was unlit. However, there are lots of smoking areas and ashtrays outside, and near the first floor of the elevator. Second hand drinking bothers me more than smoking. And there is a lot of people drinking here. When my girls were younger, I was more concerned about drunks than smokers. People who smoke do not become rude, obnoxious, loud, and sometimes dangerous. Anyway, we loved this resort, it is very spread out, but I would take young children to the more kid friendly value resorts. I would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,577)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We've been to Disney a number of times now and we normally stay at one of the the All-Star resorts and have never had any complaints. We thought we'd try a different resort this time as the All-Star resorts were booked up. First impressions were very good. The grounds are lovely and well kept, looks beautiful all lit up at night. It is a bit of a walk from the main complex to the rooms but we didn't mind that. There was usually some wildlife to spot on the way and lots of photo opps. There are at least 4 bus stops around the resort to take you to the parks so you never had to go too far for that. My only complaint about this resort was lack of cleanliness of the rooms, mainly the bathroom. I don't think it was cleaned once the entire time we were there, definitely not the bathtub. And it didn't look that clean to begin with, looked like there were old dirt marks/stains on the tub. I kept waiting for them to clean, thinking maybe they only do certain things every other day, but by the end of the week it was looking pretty scrungy. Also the bathroom floor had not been vacuumed/mopped either. And then I started noticing that the beds were made sloppy at best, and that the mirror above the sink had not been cleaned either. I also noticed that it didn't look like we were being given new sheets either, as when I saw the cleaning carts in the corridors there were no new sheets on them. I'm all for conserving so this was not an issue really, but combined with the other things I was just starting to get grossed out. Also the doors to the rooms had not been painted in awhile, they were all scuffed up and dirty and there were a lot of insects on the ground and walls (yes including roaches).

The room was small but the beds were actually very comfortable, I wanted to take the pillows home with me and the rooms had a more mature look than the All-Star resorts and a nice flat screen TV. The food options at this resort were pretty good price wise...and they did have healthy alternatives available like fruit and yogurt. You can also purchase the refillable mugs here. The coffee was terrible and I still can't get used to unsweetened ice tea :P

The resort was broken up into different sections, and every section had their own swimming pool that was usually a quieter alternative to the main swimming pool with the huge water slide. Huge attraction for the kids.

Really the only thing stopping me from recommending this resort is the lack of room cleanliness. Seems like others here have had better experiences in the past but the more recent posts have been negative so maybe there is a recent problem with their housekeeping department. I'm sure if I had complained something would have been done about it. But by the time we got back to the room at night I was too tired to be bothered and then we were out the door bright and early every morning. I would probably give this resort another chance but can't recommend it to anyone at this point.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I just returned from a 4 day stay at the Coronado Springs Resort, and I was not impressed. I have stayed in better Disney Hotels and you get what you pay for. The walk to the Market from our rooms was at least 3/4 of a mile and it seems everyone walking in front of us was smoking cigarettes. My 6 year old caught several mouthfuls of smoke at his height. There were smokers sitting by the pool on their pool lounges, lighting up by the entrances of the pool. There was not one time we walked the road to the Market that there was at least one group of smokers walking. Noone enforced the supposed "no smoke" policy. My kids just keep talking about the smoking. I am disgusted with Disney and this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I came in for work for one week. Upon entering the room, I was pleased to see how nice it looked. And then I got into bed that night....all I could feel were dust mites crawling all over my face!!!! There was an amazing amount of dust in the room...I was scared to breathe.
They promised that I would get allergy and sanitized sheets and towels...I think they really did do this, but the dust was so bad that even with their clean sheets it was awful. The thing that really made me pack up and go somewhere else were the mustache hairs that were clinging to the caulk behind the sink handles...YUC!!! Never again!

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank epbdance
New Jersey
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel was a great! The grounds were very clean and the rooms were clean as well.
I am a clean freak and have to say it met my standards. Especially traveling with two small children. The shuttle ran every 10 min or so to every destination in disney. The food was good too, if you got the disney food package even better. The hotel itself is quite large so try and get a room close to one of the shuttle stops. We requested that upon arrival and the front desk was very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was my first experience staying in a disney resort and I must say I will never again make the this mistake.

We were origianally place in a room that I would not expect in a Youth hostel. Not only this but it was so far from the main complex you could only reach this by bus. For the price we had paid this was no acceptable. We returned to the main desk and after a while trying to change resort (they could only offer a $400 a night extra alternative) they suggested we look at another room that they had on offer (in rojas 3). This room was a big improvement on the original but the majority of the complex is similar to room 1.

Overall I would say the pepper market was good but the staff and the rooms lacked quality. I maybe expected too much from Disney but left very disappointed with my experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redal66
essex
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I've stayed in both disney's All star music resort and coronado springs, the all star has a great disney feel about it, and is designed with characters around the pool and hotel, where coronado springs has no feel of disney or look of disney about it, which is disappointing if you intend to stay in your hotel all the time. I'm going back to coronado springs next year because it is value for money if you intend to get the DISNEY DINING PLAN upgrade from quick service which is free with the resort, the upgrade is only £10 extra a night, where at the value resorts do not come with the free quick service, so you have to pay the full value of the DINING PLAN which does not work out as cheap as staying at a moderate resort and upgrading. i would recommend getting the DINING PLAN as it will save alot of money as the food is expensive. More about coronado is it is a big place to walk around but the bus service stop off at 4 different points so you dont have to walk far to get on the shuttle buses, if you are a the back of the resort like i was i can understand people disliking this but if your walking around the parks all day and extra 5 minutes wont hurt. I have to admit the food is not the greatest the pepper market is very repetitive and not the biggest selection. The staff are great when i stayed there, all people have different experiences, when going to the front desk staff are friendly and very helpful, i arrived very late at night and staff were still nice and friendly and showed use to our room. The rooms are a nice size and are cleaned daily with fresh towels replaced. I never had any problems and would recommened staying here for the value side of it with the Dining Plan, but if you wanted a resort with more of a disney look about it then the All Star Resorts are great for that. But how long are you going to spend in the resort if your going here you go for the parks not the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!