Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$615
$458
Hotels.com
6,505 results
All reviewspepper marketmaya grillel centrobus stopdig sitemain poolmain buildingcafe rixcasitas sectionfood courtdisney worldquiet pooldining planconvention centercast membersmoderate hotelgift shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I have to say after reading a lot of the reviews on here I was a little skeptical about booking our stay here, but I'm glad that I decided to go ahead and do it anyway.
First and foremost.... staying on property is definitely the way to go. Using the Magical Express made things so much easier - they check you luggage for you and even check you into your flight when you leave (as long as you use a participating airline - we flew Delta).
First I will start with the bad stuff (which wasn't much) The lady at the Registration desk had less than a personality - however she did recognize that it was our Anniversary and took the time to go find more anniversary pins for us and also gave us a "Happy Anniversary" card from the Resort that included a Champagne Toast at the Laguna Bar....which was very nice. She didn't have the most upbeat and positive personality, but she was nice.
The second bad thing was that there were a couple of black hairs on the bathroom floor (It appeared to be hair from a man's head or back maybe, and there were only a couple - I just picked them up with some tissue and threw them away - no big deal - it's not like I was planning on eating lunch off the bathroom floor, and that is what the floor towel is for). Other than that though, the room was immaculate and cleaned thoroughly each and every day.
Not a big deal but a little disappointing - we never got any towel animals of any of that fun stuff that I had read about on here. Our "mousekeeper" Veda did organize some stuffed animals that we had bought and won on the bed on our last day though. I guess maybe if we had kids with us it would have been different.
The last negative is the walking. I'm not complaining for us at all... You go to Disney World knowing that there is a lot of walking involved and we lucked out (Casita's Building # 4 which was STEPS away from Bus stop #2 which happened to be the first stop) but I can see where people would be frustrated with the distance from some of the amenities, but other than the Main pool (we had our own quiet pool so it didn't matter) we weren't too far from the Pepper Market and Registration in the Main Building. Personally I didn't think the walking was that bad. On 2 separate days, my husband and I just walked around the grounds taking pictures and relaxing or sitting at the Laguna bar having drinks.
Now for the good stuff...
Our room was nicely decorated and clean. Everyday our room was cleaned and neat. We did leave the Mousekeeping $5 a day.
We ate at the Pepper Market twice and I didn't think the food was bad at all. One night we went at about 9:30 p.m. and just got Chicken sandwiches and the chicken wasn't dry or anything...and they only charge you for the food you get so if it sounds expensive, notice that you were NOT charged for your drinks, no matter how many coffees, sodas, teas etc. that you may have ordered. The other time we went was in the early afternoon on the day we left and my husband got the Chicken again and I got a Philly Cheese steak, which was very good - no complaints here. Also the service was pretty good there too. Very nice wait staff and we never had to wait for a refill on drinks. Note that it says a 10% gratuity is included on the tab...but it doesn't hurt to leave a couple extra dollars.
The hotel grounds were clean and well maintained. The Landscaping was beautiful and made for excellent pictures.
There is a small tiki bar, called the Laguna Bar, outside the Pepper Market and Main building. It's right on the water and there are plenty of tables and chairs with umbrellas. It is very relaxing with some beautiful views. If you are lucky the Gator will swim by looking for someone to throw him a snack. I don't know if you are supposed to feed him, but I bought a croissant from the little deli and threw pieces to him, the fish and the turtle that were swimming around. The drinks at the bar are a little pricey if you are used to your local dive... but I'm from Vegas and $6.00 for a Blue Moon is just fine with me. I had ordered a Patron Margarita on the rocks the first night and I think it was $11... but that's why it's called Vacation...if you are looking for a bargain, you are in the wrong place.
All in all we loved staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We would definitely stay there again. I have stayed at the The Contemporary, The Wilderness Lodge, and The Caribbean Beach Resort and out of the 4, I'd say that the Coronado ranks second in that list.
I'd have to say after reading the other reviews for this hotel (and other Disney hotels), I think that some people are just not easy to please. You have to realize that coming to a big tourist place, you are going to have to spend some $$. Disney World isn't just some theme park - they are known for being "The Happiest Place on Earth" If you are going to let prices, or lines, or long walks, or a little dirt ruin your vacation then maybe you should just stay home.
Oh and if you ask the front desk when you arrive or hit the luggage button on your room phone when you leave - someone will assist you with you luggage or take you to your room in the little golf cart thingy. Both times that my husband and I were walking around the grounds we were passed various times by these multi-seated golf carts.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffery1
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Coronado Resort. The setting was very beautiful and the service was wonderful. We stayed in section 6A, but the walk to the lobby was about 5 minutes. I notice that some people complained about walking. If you are coming to Disney World, then you will do nothing but a lot of walking in the theme parks. If you do not like walking, then Disney World is not the vacation for you.

1  Thank lanta22
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Check in was easy with no difficulties. Check in staff was not very knowledgeable. The room was comfortable and large enough for the family. I did not see any carts for the room and we had to carry our bags to the second floor. The hotel room was dusty. The furniture had a thin layer of dust and the rug corners had a pile of dust-- like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. It truly needed a good scrubbing and my daughter would not take a shower without her water shoes due to the water-stain bath tub. The beds were comfortable and the view was very nice. The dig site pool was very clean and great for swimming! it is a very large resort so be prepared to use the shuttle or have a car. The distance to all the parks except Hollywood Studios was within minutes.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

It was the first time that we visit Disney World, and after viewing so many reviews we decided to give this motel a try. We paid a standard room with two queen beds. We found the room very dirty, hair on the bathtub and on the bed. Lip stick marks on the cups....they didn't even wash the cups...!!!! We didn't ask for another room because we were too tired after coming back from the theme park, we should have check the room once we check- in. The only good thing about this resort is the resort bus. This resort get it's own resort bus so you don't have to share the bus with another resort (which will waste you a lot of time) . Our room is locate at bus # 2 ~~ I highly recommend people using this bus stop, because you will always get seats first...It didn't take long from Coronado to any of the theme parks. This is the only thing I like about this resort , other than that..the room was really a big disappointment! I guess it's because we paid a standard room (the cheapest), Consider it's location and the resort bus services, I will still recommend this hotel to a friend. However!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend people check the room once they check-in and request a better and clean one if you find any problems!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

It was an okay hotel. I have stayed at the other moderate resorts Disney has. I liked the others much better. The maid service was horrible. We didn't always have towels and toilet paper. The staff drives around in carts so fast that one of my kids almost got hit.
The pool was great. Kids loved the slide. Didn't like the quick meal place they had at the hotel. It was too small.
It wasn't horrible overall but I would much rather stay at one of the other resorts.