Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
6,495 results
All reviewspepper marketmaya grillel centrobus stopdig sitemain poolmain buildingcafe rixcasitas sectionfood courtdisney worldquiet pooldining planconvention centercast membersmoderate hotelgift shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2006

WOW! Beautiful grounds. The biggest best pool in all of Disney resorts. Super clean rooms and grounds. Rooms were plenty large enough for 3 adults and one toddler. Nice size tub and shower . Comfortable beds( little small). Yes, This hotel is very large ... you need to walk! ALOT! I enjoy that- so if you do , its perfectly fine. The lake is heavenly, with its cute bridges and all- very warm and welcoming lobby. Check in takes a little time.
Gift shop is very good. NO SOY MILK!! thats an issue - for allergic babies etc... Not much in the means of tolietries, go shopping at Target- its close by. Maya Grill Restaurant - we waited 1 hr. to eat- our appertizers- it wasnt crowded at all!
The shrimp martini app is gross! food is good though- very good!
Two hrs, in a restaurant with a toddler isnt good! But its tasty.
expensive- but we had dinning plan! cost 140$$$ without plan for 3 adults. Thats alot in my eyes. Gym was cute- new equiptment and a spa is super small( I didnt like the spa at all.. too small.. two treatmenat rooms- This is disney?
I am in that feild- and I wasnt impressed at all with the so called spa. Its nice to offer it though for convention goers. Thursday is super full at the Coronado- Terrible- but the rest of the week was great. The pool is truely a sight- a pyrimid with a waterfall.. ita huge pool and there are smaller pools through out the complex also- the hot tub.. its so small.. only one ???
You can rent bikes, jog, play in the sand( the baby loved that)
Its great to take a break from the park and spend some time in this hotel- its truely a resort.
We would go back!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank princesslollipop
Reviewed October 2, 2006

Our party of three stayed a week at Disney's Coronado Springs in September 2006.

This is one of Disney's moderate resorts, and is also a Convention Center. Disney's moderates are always fairly large, but this one seemed particularly spread out. It was about a 15 minute walk to our room from the main building. There were bus stops throughout the resort for getting to and from the parks, but if you wanted to get to the main building for something you either had to ride around on one of those buses, or walk.

In terms of location, this resort was convenient to EPCOT, MGM and Animal Kingdom. By bus, it is a long ride to the Magic Kingdom (20-25 minutes), so think twice if you plan on spending significant amounts of time there. The bus service itself was great: we never waited more than 10 minutes.

The room was decent size, and there were plenty of drawers for unpacking. The sink area was located outside the bathroom, and there was a privacy curtain separating that area from the rest of the room. It was a nice touch. Housekeeping was good, and after I requested additional towels our first day, they remembered to leave them daily.

We visited both the Pepper Market and lounge onsite. The Pepper Market had great food, once you got past the confusion of how to order\. The down-side was that with so many options, it meant that other members of your party had sat down and were done with their meal before you even picked yours up. Was only able to visit the lounge once, for a drink and chips/salsa. We wanted to stop other times, but found it very crowded with convention goers late afternon and evenings.

We didn't visit the themed pool, just one of the quiet pools. It was a great size and barely used at all. Although they say they do not provide towels at the quiet pools, there was a rack of them there.

There was also a fitness center a spa, but I didn't use either. I walked through the fitness center and it looked like there was plenty of equipment.

One tip: when checking out, make sure to arrange for bell services assistance well in advance. Their bell staff is limited and the resort is too spread out to handle this yourself.

Overall, I liked this resort, but there are other Disney resorts I like a lot better (Port Orleans) and would stay at those before visiting Coronado Springs again. It was just a little too spread out for me, and a bit crowded because of the conventions.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank RedSox604
Reviewed September 28, 2006

Just got back from the Coronado...I called five days ahead of time and requested a room between bldgs 3 and 4 in the Casitas section, checked in at 12:30, rooms were ready and we got our location--this area of the hotel is quiet, the lakeview is spectacular, the health and beauty salon and a large quiet pool were about 45 seconds away, a bus stop was right behind us, and we hopped golf carts to the big dig site pool...the casitas are more toned down and "mature" mexican feel to them (no garish colors)...the dig site is great, the pool unbelievable, my husband and I went there 9 years ago on our honeymoon, and this is our third trip back! We love the pepper market, yet, it's not the cheapest place (this is disney, folks) but they do add the tip right on the bill for you. One word of caution--make you dining plans ahead of time if you got the free meal plan, we made ours 4 months before we went and it worked out great!! People not making food reservations were eating in off hours, etc. Friendly staff and great bar area, too--tons of fun!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank LAnn111
Reviewed September 25, 2006

Our family stayed at Coronado Springs for 5 nights. Everything about our stay was magical. My boys loved the pool and slide. Staff was very accommodating with golf carts so we didn't have to walk to the pool. My oldest son left a bag of souvenirs in the arcade and reported it to lost and found. When we returned home, Coronado Springs mailed the bag with everything in it. My only complaint was with the desk to check our luggage and receive our boarding passes. They had problems with the printer and it took more time than it should. However, the idea of checking in at the hotel and not the airport is great.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank Aprilandnathan
Reviewed September 19, 2006

Stayed at the resort on business convention 9/16/06. Water preasure on shower was poor, grout on tiles was starting to fall out, the express check out is not sent to your room until 8 am even if like me you leave earlier and T.V. was very small. First morning my 8.00 dollar breakfeast was day old pinnapple cuts sour taste, Stale butter milk biscut and small coffee. Lunch was given in a box to everyone at convention, Roast beef 1 or 2 small slices on the boarder of going bad, cheese which color was turning orange about to go bad and brown lettuce. Someone will be getting food poison at this resort in the future no commitment to keeping food fresh. Last day of convention they served finger foods but they were put on the floor at the convention at room tempature. My wife told me one of the items had susage I did not take any because the food did not look good anyhow, but she informed me it was not heated. This is as bad as it gets you can get real sick from Suasage that has been sitting and is not hot! The rooms are okay so if you stay here eat off site do not eat Here!! If you want the breakfeast buffet it cost 14.00 dollars and while I could have tried it (my company pays not me) I went off site to have a good meal. I did not eat any food at resort after the first day it was better to travel and get good meals than eat here and price had no bearing since for me the trip was free, but better food was cheaper outside the resort.:(

• Stayed: September 2006