We stayed at the Coronado for a 5 day Disney trip. The check-in process was slow, but acceptable. I had requested a non-smoking room five months prior, when I booked the vacation. Were given a smoking room, and it took over 30 minutes on the phone with the front desk to get it changed.
The resort is moderate, so the room was as expected when it came to amenities. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the most pleasant part of our stay there.
We ordered room service the first morning. Being at Disney, we of course had an agenda, and were planning to be at Epcot when it opened. Our breakfast arrived 40 minutes late, and they had omitted my son's food. I was told it would be 35 more minutes for them to bring us the bagel and cream cheese we ordered. Very disappointing. I gave him my breakfast and went without.
The worst part of our stay revolved around the food court, which had been the reason I chose this hotel over the other two in the moderate category. On two separate occasions, one lunch and one dinner, my 10 year old son had horrible experiences. He was COMPLETELY ignored at the ordering counter for pizza. He's somewhat shy, so he stood there for over 30 minutes while the staff took other orders and prepared them. This is a DISNEY HOTEL! Kids shouldn't be ignored! We had an identical experience ordering from the Mexican section, only I didn't wait as long before checking in on him. I had actually ordered for him and went to get my food. I came back 20 minutes later to find him standing at the pick-up counter, his order had not been prepared and no one had asked him what he needed. I stepped to the counter and inquired, and the chef made his order right away.
Interestingly, there were no comment cards to be found on the premises, not in the rooms, the reception areas, anywhere. This hotel has potential, the facility itself is nice, and the rooms and pools were good. The service, however, is horrible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando