“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #174 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
Doylestown PA
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Guest Services at Coronado Springs went above and beyone for me. When I got to the airport, I realized that I had left my purse in the safe locked in my room. I phoned Guest Services and they had someone drive my purse to the airport for me. This kind of service just shows how much they want their guests to be happy and to return to their resort in the future. Thank you so much Coronado for excellent service!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (6,322)

A TripAdvisor Member
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2006

I was at the Coronado Springs Resort for a business convention and family vacation. Before arriving, I did not know that the lobby and convention center are in a separate building and all the rooms are spread out around the lake. Fortunately, there was an employee outside when we drove up who told us not to take our luggage into the lobby. However, we weren't told that we should check it in and have it delivered to our room -- so we ended up having to hike our luggage a good long block or so, because the parking areas at the buildings containing the rooms are not really close to the buildings. Our visit started on the wrong foot when our non-smoking room smelled like an ashtray. After offering to spray the room, they did move us to another which had no odor problems. Unfortunately, we had to wait outside the room, in June heat, for over half an hour before the bellman came with the key to the new room. While we could have waited in the old room, we and our luggage would have soaked up the smell.

Our room was over 1/2 mile from the convention center, in what would have been a nice walk around the lake if the temperature had been moderate and if I didn't have a foot condition that makes walking painful. The resort does have little 7-passenger trams that circle the lake. I was told they went around about every 10 minutes, but ended up waiting 25 minutes for one, which made me late for my seminar. After that, I drove over to the convention center.

I couldn't get express checkout because the resort staff entered the expiration date of my credit card wrong. I spent 1/2 hour (on my feet at the phones) finding that out. I asked them to mail my receipt to me because I didn't want to stand in line (again) to get it, but they said they couldn't -- I'd have to phone after I got back home and the Research & Billing department could fax me a copy. So that's what I did -- and they'd overcharged me! Another phone call cleared that up, and they did reimburse my employer $0,50 for the phone call when I requested it.

So .... good things: very nice pool, jacuzzi and play area at The Digs. Very nice landscaping.

Not so good: Mediocre rooms, with no easy chair for relaxing. One of the lights in our room was out for the whole of our stay. Sheets are not fitted, and beds are made with blankets tucked in, so when they're pulled out, the bottom sheet is just lying loose on the bed. Very dull colors in the decor, in general. Murals in the lobby looked depressing to me. Badly run tram system, particularly for people who have a schedule to keep. Food at the Pepper Court was not good (although servings were large) but was expensive. Would have been nice if they'd served 1/2 as much, twice as good -- and that would have made the prices more palatable. Food at the convention banquet had problems, too -- mediocre quality. Staff attitude was not especially helpful or friendly, especially compared with how I remembered it from 15 years ago, and in comparison with that of a Savannah hotel at which I'd just stayed.

So -- I'd consider the Coronado Springs Resort if I was on vacation with young children, and if I rented a golf cart for transportation, and if I brought a luggage cart, and if it wasn't supposed to rain during my trip. I wouldn't eat in the restaurants (there are plenty of places to eat outside Disney World but near the hotel on Highway 192. I wouldn't use it for a convention, because although they have plenty of convention space, the other amenities are sadly lacking.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

Very nice resort. Great service. Very expensive to eat at Pepper Market. Bowl of cereal $4.50. Take food if you can. $610 for food for 3 people for 4 days. Beware, Disney is very hot, very packed with people with 1950's style rides and walk ways and 60 min. waits. Not for the very young children. I would never do it again. MGM was great, Star Wars Weekend. A lot of couples arguing, babies crying, stroller city USA. Scooter city USA. We spend $4,000. $2750 for the air, hotel, and tickets. It's like a giant FAIR from your hometown with colorful characters and 3 min. rides. Think twice before going. It truly is not like the TV ads. I really enjoyed going back to the resort to get away from the crowds. Last day there a forest fire was raging and it was stinky and smokey. Good Luck.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank Oceanspace38
Reviewed June 5, 2006

My boyfriend and I ( 31 and 24) stayed here May 30-June 4th 2006....We werent expecting anything really fancy...just somewhere to sleep and shower every night after long days in the park...and that is exactly what we did every nite...we did not spend much time at the resort as many people never do anyway.....the beds were REALLYYY comfy! Only real dissappointment with our room was that it had 2 double beds...when we would have preferred KING. Other than that...our room was pleasant and the maid service was good...Our Maid had a sense of humor decorating our beds everyday with something she found in our room...ex: mickey ears etc...I have to say that the refrigerators come in handy...we picked up a few drinks for the week at Las Panchitas (the resort's souvineer shop) that way we always had something cold to drink...definately a plus!

Our Location: Cabana 9B...You walk out the door, and literally go down 3 steps( see picture) and there is the quiet pool...Not many people use it, so it was nice to chill out there after those long days of walking....

"The Dig Site": This is the larger pool area with pool bar and arcade...and a huge pool with its own HUGE water slide...AND a jacuzzi set aside...we took advantage of the jacuzzi one night, that was definately relaxing...

We were very close to the lobby...and only a few minutes away from Bus Stop 1....only bad thing was that Bus Stop 1 is the LAST stop every night coming home from the parks...so just when you think the Bus is at your hotel...and you are eagerly awaiting a shower or your nice comfy bed...Ennntttt! Wrong...you still have a good 10-15 minutes til you get to your stop....but overall, the bus service is GREAT! I would reccomend everyone to stay on disney property so you can utilize the transportation...

Hmm...what else? We didnt eat at the resort's restaurant...just grabbed a bagel a few mornings with the "TO-GO" option...which was kind of expensive for a bagel....and the people that work there are older than the hills trying to toast your bagel a hundred times before it actually gets to be the lightest possible shade of brown....It really took like 20 minutes every morning just to get a bagel...LOL

Overall...the hotel was definately nice..beautiful landscaping, very clean..good service....I have never stayed at any other resorts at Disney before...so for my first time experience there, I definately can say I enjoyed it! This place has something for everyone...adults, kids, younger couples, older couples....
Enjoy everyone!!

30  Thank XiamsocuteX
Reviewed June 2, 2006

This was my third stay at CSR in the last 2 years. Always impressed with the beauty of the grounds and the quiet atmosphere. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Large pool where you can find an area for yourself. On the downside, the Pepper Market eating area is confusing and expensive and the cashier's line was extremely slow. The "salsa" at the bar is nothing more than stewed tomatoes --- unbelievable for a Spanish- theme resort.
Bartender "F." at the poolside bar was crabby and rude. He may have been having a bad day but I don't want to know about it. A lot of walking is required to get around the lake. A bridge or two should be constructed over the water to cut down on the mileage. But I would definitley stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank GUJJJ
Reviewed May 29, 2006

I have just returned last week and i must say this resort was stunningly beautiful. For myself and my partner it was lovely to take a romantic stroll round the grounds either early morning or evening! However I would say if you have children this is prob not the best disney resort to come to. If you dont have kids this is def the best moderate resort!

My room was at the furthest possible point from el centro (reception area and restaurants bars etc) I stayed in the ranchos room 7120 the room was very adequate with good facilites TV, Fridge, Safe, Iron & Board Tea and Coffee making however you only get 1 sink and in all the other moderates im sure you get a double sink not that this made any difference whatso ever might be annoying if four of you are staying in the room though.

If was very peaceful by our room and the bus stop 3 of the resort is literally right behind our block the longest i think we waited for a bus was 15-20mins which was no problem what so ever. The walk from our room to el centro was a 10 min stoll or a 5 min brisk walk to me this is not a problem im young fit and athletic for and older person or a lazy person they may grumble about the distance from their room to el centro but if you are fit and able its a lovely walk anyway.

I eat at the hotel once in the pepper market, i wasnt really impressed at all, every other nite i always eat out in Orlando or at the parks there are some great restaurants especially in EPCOT eat here not at your hotel.

Overall i was very impressed with the beauty of the resort and the great pool facilities i would only ever stay here if i was staying at a moderate property however if i had kids i may consider the other 2

• Stayed: May 2006
14  Thank journeytom
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I liked Coronado Springs but after a day of walking all day at the parks, it was a little exasperating to have to walk everywhere at this resort. There is a big lake that is the center of the resort and you have to walk to the pool on the other side, walk to the restaurants, on the others side.... etc. Do not stay here if you can't handle alot of walking.

On another note, there are only TWO restaurants in this hotel and you will pay out the nose for food! For such a large resort you would expect more.

McDonald's is close by, but that's it! My kids actually were begging us not to take them to McDonald's AGAIN!

• Stayed: April 2006