“Not a complaint” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #168 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Not a complaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2006

My husband and I (late 50's age) stayed 7 nights...Jan. 16th thru Jan. 23rd, 2006 at Coronado Springs, room 8200. The room was close to bus stop #4 and the "quiet pool" was only two buildings away...there's a coin operated laundry there, too, so if you need to wash the clothes you can walk only a few steps around the corner and relax in a lounge chair by the pool. There's food at the "big" pool but none at the quiet pool. The room was clean and the shower water was hot and the cleaning staff was very efficient. The Pepper Market is great...there's stir fry and soups and salads and great pastries, all kinds of beverages, beautiful steaks that they'll grill for you...half chickens and baked potatoes...fruit...to name only a few of the choices. There's a sit down restaurant on the premises, too, but we liked the Pepper Market so much we only ate there. The staff in the Pepper Market and everywhere in the hotel were very helpful and pleasant. The food was very very fresh and delicious. The bus service to the parks is very efficient, too...we didn't wait ten minutes for any bus. I don't have a complaint about Coronado Springs. The property is lovely to look at, too. We plan to visit Disney again in five years and we will stay at Coronado Springs, again. I give it an A ++

• Stayed January 2006
21 Thank Sharon376946

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Coronado Springs in July 05 My husband was there for a work convention. I tagged along for the sun and I am so glad that I did. From the moment that the Disneys Magical Express picked us up at the airport It was perfect. We didn't even have to bring our bags to the resort from the airport, they were picked up by the Magical express and in our room when we arrived. How cool is that. The grounds were beautiful. Its a very large resort so walking anywhere can take while but you won't have to walk long before a golf cart like bus will pull up to offer you a ride. I recommend walking I lost 5 Lbs while there. The main pool was beautiful with a bar and a water slide however being that we didn't bring the children with us we chose to spend our days at the pool out side of our building. It was quite and beautiful. The resort puts on a very high class convention if that is what you are traveling for. With gourmet food and excellent service. The gift shop was Disney so kind of spendy. The pepper market has the best quesadillas i have ever had. If I could fly down today I would. Our rooms were clean and quiet with a beautiful view of the grounds. We even became friends with the gator in the pond. I highly recomend this resort

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A PLACE CALLED HOPE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

I can not say enough good things about this place! Great service from everyone. Manager went out of his way to help me. Beautiful grounds and rooms. Unbelievable pool and slide. The Pepper Market is the best counter sevice in all of Disney and is more like table service. Staff surprised my 8 y/o son with balloons and a picture and note of Mickey which were left in our room while out. Towel animals by mousekeeping. My husband loved the work-out room. This is the best moderate in Disney and the only one with full room service, a spa and gym!!

19 Thank AUTUMNSUN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2006

This was my second time staying here but not by choice. The first time I went with my family. This time I went for a cheerleading event. We had five parents and ten girls. There was alot of confusion at the front desk when we checked in. However they did take care of our luggage and everything was delievered when we were allowed to get into our rooms. The walk you had to take everytime you had to go somewhere was excessive. I don't mind a "little"
but after doing it all day in the parks it is a little too much. Now the Set-up that they have in the "pepper market" has alot to be desired. We come in late (8:00) and was hungry, couldn't get a table was told there was a 2 hr wait. THere were plenty of empty tables ???? So they gave us the card for a to go order keep in mind whatever you get will be ice cold by the time you make the walk back to your room. They were out of pizza and chicken nuggets and with 10 girls you know thats what they wanted. We were told the only thing we have is a hotdog. WEll if was on a cold hard bun and it was gross. The gentleman working the counter would not wait on us perhaps because he was embarressed. He went over and got another lady. The whole setup is just crazy.
I will say after complaining the next day we were refunded our meal cost, but I have heard plenty of people complain they need to make changes over there. BAD!!!! Accomedations were good and checkout went great. Pools are nice. Just not my choice of places to stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2005

Our family of five and grandparents just spent 8 nights at Coronado Springs. The facility was great. The pool was warm even on the evenings that dropped into the low 50's. The walk was a bit far to the restaraunt, but carts came by every 5 minutes or so and were willing to give a ride when needed. The buses to the parks never left us waiting more that 10 min. either. We would difinately stay here again.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Belleville, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2005

My husband & I and our 2 teenage sons stayed Dec 13-16 2005 after driving from Ontario Canada. The stay was great. Pricey, but lots of food at the Pepper Market. The buses were good from and to all the events and the whole place was clean and very well organized. The staff at Disney was middle aged to older and a welcome relief. They were so polite and helpful.
The Resort was large and you would have to walk far to the lobby/eating areas or wait for a bus, but we had our car, and just drove back and forth. The big pool was close, heated - lovely and the jaccuzzi was large and terrific to soak those tired limbs after a long day at the parks.
Great time had by all.

20 Thank Joon Bug
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2005

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Coronado Springs while in Orlando for the SuperSoap Weekend. My sister-in-law and niece also joined us there. This is our second stay at Coronado Springs and I must say, it won't be our last. The staff was most helpful in arranging for our rooms to be in the same building and on the same floor. Arranging this was a bit of a problem since we checked in on Thursday evening and they were not arriving in Orlando until Friday, but everything was worked out to our satisfaction before they even arrived. As I have found before, the room was comfortable and well maintained. We have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in the past and while I enjoyed that experience, the distances one must walk are much farther there than at Coronado. All in all, I would not hesitate recommending Coronado Springs Resort to anyone looking for a peaceful Disney experience at a moderate resort. The landscaping is certainly up to Disney Standards, the Staff is friendly and helpful, and for a large hotel, it is amazingly quiet. I really feel that all of the Disney moderate resorts are enjoyable places to stay. The Coronado just happens to be our favorite. I almost forgot, we did discover there are Gator's in the lake. As they say on all the rides, Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.

• Stayed November 2005