We just came back from 4 nights-- and it really is a fabulous place.. We have two small kids.. We had stayed last time at the Hyatt Grand Cypress - considered one of the best places in Orlando----and this place is so much more convenient and truly excellent..
1) Staying on Disney Property very convenient-- used the buses as well as my car (all the parks are very close by-- less than 15 minuet ride)- I liked putting everything on 1 Bill- using my room key
2) We stayed in Casistas 4102-- this faced Parking lot and I could literally park right outside my door.. Also-- I could walk to Bus stop 2- which was 200 Feet from my room.. Not the best view--but with small kids- convenience was great...much better than going to traditional hotel, up elevators etc...
3) It was 10 minuet walk to lobby and eating area--Casistas is best bet.
4) Room was very clean- not big-- we had 2 doubles and a roll away-- for 4 of us and it was a bit tight.. Service was not the friendliest but I did get what I needed done.. ALSO-- what is very nice-- they have a good health club-- and also have Wireless Access in the main building so I was able to send out some work in the early AM-- these 2 touches made this a totall winning choice..
5) Grounds are immaculate- feel like you are in a lush resort with the flowers and lake-- felt totally away from Disney bedlam
6) Food is not cheap and Not tremendous either--and wait lines to leave Peppers was very long- but did have variety.. we ate at parks and downtown Disney a bunch of times.....
7) Pools and the Dig-- the Dig was nice- big- water slides etc.. had a good pool bar with drinks.....crowded.. what was really good- in our Building- as in all-- we had our own pool( I think there are 4 casistas Buildings and the Pool for Casistaas was in our building)--so it was litteraly 1 Minuet- 200 feet to the pool- extremely convenient and my kids went there in the AM before parks and in the PM after parks.. The Dig was a 10 minuet walk or a Golf cart shuttle which came very frequently...
So I think for $140 which includes Tax (AAA discount)/Night-- the convenience of the building, the pools, the bus stop and everything on 1 bill and being so close to Parks- made this an incredible place to stay along with just a great place to take a morning walk---peaceful. Also there were alot of conventioneers but there were kids so you felt like you were not in a complete Zoo with thousands of other kids- but my son had kids to play with in the pool. Bottom line-- this place is a steal and we have been all over the world... The key is- the building and room you get-- I requestd to be near main building and near the bus service-- and it was perfect--.... Hyatt may be a better building-- or another big hotel- But I think parking the car 50 feet from your room is about as convenient as you get.. Does it have the Special Mickey Ambiance- not as much as others-- but having the pool 100 feelt from the room--- that made up for it big time!!
BTW-- this place is also really good for Couples-- seemed very romantic-- and again alot of quiet places away from all the kids if you want it. I think Disney totally got this place right on.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando